PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Curse of Mankins. For those who are superstitious...

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt, Mankins was a great player for the Patriots, but...............

UNBELIEVABLE.........FREAKING.................TRADE.

Has to be considered one of the best of the decade.

1) The Pats win the SB that very season and got some good service from the immediate TE/WR received during the regular season.....
2) then win 2 years later with the draft pick thrown into the deal who was probably the co-Defensive MVP of the SB with Hightower and has turned into one of the team's great young disruptive forces.

3)The deal also freed up considerable cap space.

4) Mankins is retired comfortably now and Trey Flowers has 2 more years to go on his rookie contract.

The Patriots front office is downright scary.

Any questions?

Anyone who thinks that trade was a negative for the Patriots lives in an alternate universe.

Last edited:
Logan Mankins was a great player for the Pats.

For whatever reason, he's the Patriots' Don Mattingly. His own play is Super Bowl 42 is part of the problem; not going to blame him for 46 because he played that entire season with a torn ACL, he shouldn't have been out there to begin with. Other than those two games the guy was a beast for us. Just was a great player for the teams that weren't quite good enough for whatever reason.

4) Mankins is retired comfortably now and Trey Flowers has 2 more years to go on his rookie contract.

and we're basically paying Flowers nothing. Less than 1 million per year, and he's playing better than Top 10 draft picks and free agents that make 15 mil a year.

He had his moments.
He surely did but I think we are referring to didfeeent moments on opposite ends of the spectrum lol

He had his moments.

I think he wanted to fistfight me at a tailgate. I might be thinking of someone else, though and I don't remember why. I miss him.

He surely did but I think we are referring to didfeeent moments on opposite ends of the spectrum lol
Hah it's all in good fun, we go at each other's necks but it'd be boring if we all agreed on everything. I remember he hit me up on New Year's one year to apologize for some argument we got into and just wishing me a happy New Year. Think he's a good dude all in all.

and we're basically paying Flowers nothing. Less than 1 million per year, and he's playing better than Top 10 draft picks and free agents that make 15 mil a year.

Hence the words "... has 2 more years to go on his rookie contract." :D

I forget what amount of cap space that trade cleared, but IIRC it was pretty damn significant.

The past 17 years of this Front Office will never be replicated. They run rings against their competitors.

Hell, I remember worrying about what they will do when they let Andy Waszyncuk go! :eek::eek::eek:

It's pretty crazy, but all it leads me to do is feel bad for Logan...
I don't feel bad for him. I've seen SB 42 too many times; he & the rest of the OL were terrible after Stephen Neal left the game, until they finally got their sh!t together on the 2nd-to-last drive.

geez poor Logan. 5 super bowls the last 7 seasons without him. 0 in 9 seasons with him. Thats gotta sting....

Op is a wizard

My hope is somewhere BB writes a detailed book about the innerworkings of the Patriots and how and why some of these decisions which turned out very good were made.. Lawyer Milloy, Richard Seymour, Mankins, Collins etc. What were the components that made him see more than what most fans see..

Guy was definitely unlucky. Had he been traded a year later he's a SB champ. Look forward to seeing him in the team hof.

He has a long, long line of more worthy players ahead of him before that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back