PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Brilliance of Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just the play calling was bad

Playing call was bad when if the ST did their job 37 points would have been scored?

Piss off

Brady was AWESOME!
He didn't skip a beat with Cooks out and you had to believe Cooks was going to be a huge part of the game plan. He is simply amazing!

Greatest QB to ever play the game. The guy has masked some of the efficiencies on defense but it was too much to ask last night. Only player in history to throw for 500 yards and 3 tds and lose the game.

I posted about a comparison of Brady's and Montana's playoff success level before.

I just updated it to include this year.

The comparison consists of this: assign a score representing how far into the playoffs each takes his team. Average that over the number of years each was the starting QB.

The scoring system consists of assigning a number indicating how many games your team could potentially have won when they exited the playoffs.

For example, win SB -> score = 0, i.e., there are no games left you could have won.

Play in SB but lose -> score = 1, i.e., you could have won that final game.

Lose in Conf Champ -> score = 2, i.e, you could have potentially won that game and won the SB.

Using that system, we find that Montana's career avg. is 1.909. That is, his avg. expected performance for any year is to get to, but lose, the conference championship.

Brady's career average through last year is 1.438. He averages half a round deeper into the playoffs than did Montana.

So Brady's had significantly better success, and for many more years, than Montana.

And, despite losing this year's SB, Brady's score actually improved further, to 1.383, while adding yet another year to the string.

There is simply no way to argue that Montana did better for his team than Brady has done for the Pats.

After watching this game, I have chosen sides in the Brady or Belichick debate concerning who is the real kernel around which the whole team/dynasty has been built.

The coaching staff failed the team. They were simply out-coached by the Eagles staff. If the Butler decision turns out to be a non-football decision, contrary to what the coaches told us after the game, it's even worse. Then the coverup is worse. They sacrificed the team, the ownership, and the fans for their own egos.

Brady played well enough to win and did so with limited weapons against a very good defense. This is the third title game in which he did his job and the defense failed the team.

I think Brady makes Belichik a winner, more than Belichick makes Brady a winner.

If the coaches have lied to us about Butler, I wouldn't even be angry if Kraft fired BB.

Something is rotten in Foxboro - and I thought all the earlier stories were "fake news". Now, I think perhaps they were right.

Brady had the game of his f.uckijg life (which REALLY says something) and it wasn’t enough. If I were him I’d be devastated.
Knowing Brady, he probably blames himself for that fumble on the strip sack when everyone knows he shouldn't. I really hope BB starts buying into the "ALL IN" philosophy for Brady going forward. I want #6 more for him now after that loss.

33 points would have won 15 out of the last 20 SB

Had the ST been good 37 points would have won 23 out of the last 28 SB

Anyone that tries to put this as a failure on Brady or comes with that "he's 5-3 in the SB" **** when in each of those 3 losses he had the team in the lead and the defense had to make 1 stop can piss off. Now granted you could fairly argue he could have done a bit more in the other 2 losses but this one nah you don't get that argument.

dunce-cap-emily-kelley.jpg
I believe the relationship between him & BB is no longer salvageable. TB is probably livid over the Butler fiasco.
Give me a phucking break. You don't even know what happened. Put this hat on and go sit in the corner until I tell you not to.

19 games:

720 Pass Attempts
474 Completions
65.8% Comp. Pct.
5,709 yards (300.4 YPG)
40 TDs
8 INTs
103.8 Passer Rating

Without Edelman at age 40...

Give me a phucking break. You don't even know what happened. Go sit in the corner.

Butler was sick, BB thought Rowe would be a better option, and he failed to adjust. Inexcusable and he owes an explanation. Complete moron.

What else could it be man? Watching a SB hero crying broke my heart.
So it must be that of course. Watching a SB hero cry for this reason during the anthem before the SB was embarrassing. If we're jumping to conclusions then I'll go out on a limb and assume that it was probably a lot more involved than what you describe and part of the reason why MB was crying. I'll stop there and not assume that TB and BB's relationship is shot because of it. That's just dumb.

Gisele's instagram picture tells me everything about Brady.

On the first Eagles TD there was at least two easy holding calls on the Eagles.

But otherwise the refs were okay. (not great....okay).

the way football has become, I have pretty much determined to consider the refs a wash in all situations. Games are won by making plays. Yes calls can be tough but holding is one in particular where they say so often "there is always some holding you can call somewhere".

I try not to let myself thinks refs determine outcomes. I try to think of it as all legit and if anything a wash in these games.

My preference in the NFL would be that calls pretty much need to be blatant

Maybe just my emotions getting the best of me, but last night showed me that TB12 > BB for all the Pats success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes