PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Boston Sports Media Sucks

I think it absolutely could be the "new normal" if we don't find a legit QB. There is no wiggle room in today's NFL. You have to have THE guy to compete. We have nothing at the most critical position.
I agree you clearly want a top flight QB. Obviously between FA and the draft the Pat's will be looking. But as much as everyone wants it to be about shiny, sparkly things. Football at its core is still about being tough and gritty. Playing tough defense and being able to run the ball is still a winning recipe and always will be.

We don't need "THE guy" as much as we need a a guy who can consistently say hit a wide open receiver in the flat, not turnover the ball with the game on the line. A game manager that does the little things right, has good ball security along with a stout running game and defense can bring home Lombardi's.

This franchise is not dead and the cupboards are not bare. The OL is one of if not the best in the league, our backfield is very good. Especially if Harris stays on this trajectory and can stay healthy. The WR's are young and inexperienced but not as bad as many believe. The Secondary is just on an island right now. Some young guys at LB are getting experience they need to develop. We'll get Hightower back with a year of rest among others. Hopefully an influx of a few veteran signings at the position will help etc...

This team will be a competitive playoff team next season.

It’s called trolling for clicks to generate ad revenue. And you likely just helped them out.

5139406c1fb69a62591843613506d448--glitter-text-glitter-graphics.jpg

This almost certainly doesn't deserve its own thread but I couldn't help myself after seeing this headline.

57257b3254.png

What a spoiled, gutless, cowardly reaction.
Are they wrong? Then it isn't.

They have been waiting to roast Belichick over the coals for twenty years now...

Are they wrong? Then it isn't.
Of course they're wrong and you know it. It's an objectively false statement.

Putting that aside, imagine for a second taking delight in the failure of a team one supposedly supports.

that’s how many penalties we average a game, best in the league. Shows the coaching and discipline are still there. Our issue is an overall talent issue. Lack of talent + poor coaching = rock bottom. See the 2020 NYJ.

I think it absolutely could be the "new normal" if we don't find a legit QB. There is no wiggle room in today's NFL. You have to have THE guy to compete. We have nothing at the most critical position.
Nick Foles and Eli Manning (times two!) won Super Bowls. Against us. Joe Flacco as well. There’s a lot that goes into winning the SB.

that’s how many penalties we average a game, best in the league. Shows the coaching and discipline are still there. Our issue is an overall talent issue. Lack of talent + poor coaching = rock bottom. See the 2020 NYJ.
Lack of talent + our coaching (> Jesters) = Perpetual mediocrity.

Last edited:
Nick Foles and Eli Manning (times two!) won Super Bowls. Against us. Joe Flacco as well. There’s a lot that goes into winning the SB.
We don't have even a Foles/shEli/Flaccid-caliber QB in the building right now.

i stopped watching and listening to local media in 2007 when "camera gate" was made into a huge deal and they turned on the team. Never, ever listen or watch them and I'm so much better off for it

Tom Curran, whom I have always really respected, has become ridiculous in his negativity regarding the Patriots, in general, and BB, in particular. His head is so far up Brady's ass that his eyeballs are currently exiting Tompa Boy's navel as we speak. I understand he and his children have reportedly benefited from Alex Guerrero's regimen and that be has had a personal relationship with Brady for some time. But his ball washing of Brady, Gisele Ono and Guerrero has severely stretched credulity. On the NBC Sports Boston post-game show following the Ravens game, he was visibly pissed off that NE had won. Even the co-hosts noticed and jabbed him about it. To me, it's more sad than disappointing. He was always a stand-up guy.

Dan Shaugnessy the curly haired b*tch. Felger too.
Sometimes i put nesn on until i see that POS Tomassee, then i move on. I'll never forgive him for what he did before the 07 super bowl. He claims to be a ''reporter'' real reporters vet their sources before printing the story. In Tomasses case he never watched the video that purported to show that the patriots had taped a rams practice, and went a head and reported it anyway. He Should Not be working as a journalist at least not in Boston.

Tom Curran, whom I have always really respected, has become ridiculous in his negativity regarding the Patriots, in general, and BB, in particular. His head is so far up Brady's ass that his eyeballs are currently exiting Tompa Boy's navel as we speak. I understand he and his children have reportedly benefited from Alex Guerrero's regimen and that be has had a personal relationship with Brady for some time. But his ball washing of Brady, Gisele Ono and Guerrero has severely stretched credulity. On the NBC Sports Boston post-game show following the Ravens game, he was visibly pissed off that NE had won. Even the co-hosts noticed and jabbed him about it. To me, it's more sad than disappointing. He was always a stand-up guy.
1000% true

Completely disagree. That headline is sensationalistic, dramatic, and completely ignorant of a lot of relevant context.

"Rock bottom"? The team is 4-6.

"Awful loss"? They lost by 7 points to a team quarterbacked by a very good player. They had a shot to send it to overtime late.

"New normal"? They won the Super Bowl in 2018. They went to the postseason in 2019. They've played 10 total games since Brady departed, are currently amidst a season without several core players due to a global pandemic, and without any salary cap space due to some lousy situations. There is nothing "normal" about this season whatsoever.

The headline is objectively wrong. Period.
They are on pace to have their worst season since 2001.

The team they lost to walked into the game 2-6. The two wins they had was to the 1-9 Jaguars who might not win another game this year. The Texans are bottom feeders and it takes an exceptional amount of spin to prop them up to make the loss not so bad. Yeah it’s an awful loss. Several weeks ago this game was considered the closest thing to an auto win on our schedule outside the Jets games. Speaking of the Jets, they are one of the worst teams in NFL history right now and we nearly lost to them and needed a last second score to win. Again, it was an awful loss.

As far as normal this is the result of at least 6 years of mediocre drafts and the team has been trending down since 2018 (yes we won a SB, but we had probably one of our weakest regular seasons going into the playoffs and many pegged us for dead until we got extremely hot and played well above what we had shown). Then 2019 was more of the same only this time we didn’t turn it on, then this year the bottom fell out. And honestly a big part of that is the QB position which the prospects of finding one this offseason don’t look too great. So yeah this is probably a more than one year thing. Also normal is relative. Last Sunday was normal for this season. You are getting too semantic with wording.

The headline isn’t a problem. Some of us accepted the reality of this a long time ago. It wasn’t that hard to see.

This almost certainly doesn't deserve its own thread but I couldn't help myself after seeing this headline.

57257b3254.png

What a spoiled, gutless, cowardly reaction.
They play to their base. They're feeding off the malaise and wailing of spoiled fans who have known nothing but winning, and who were whining in the midst of unprecedented success. This team back then "had no talent," the "defense was terrible" and they "only won because of Brady." These media guys are especially taking great delight in attacking Bill, as if 22 months from the last duck boat parade he has lost it.

Fans were moaning when things were great, the media always resented Bill, what did we expect in a reloading year. The media are going for clicks and trying to elicit reactions.... it's the new normal.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back