PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Bills are legit

They won’t go anywhere until they have a legitimately good QB. But yes they have quite a defense.

I honestly don't know who is winning the afc south but I doubt the runner up is a playoff team.

Bills could be a 10-11 win team just based on their easy schedule. 6th seed not out of the question.

Let's ignore the AFC South. Is it likely the Bills beat out the Chargers (almost certainly a wild card team) and the runner up in the Central for a playoff position? I guess it's possible but it does not seem at all likely.

The Bills player had his hands on the football while standing out of bounds, before Jackson secured it. A ball is incomplete if any player touching a ball that hasn't been secured (i.e. "in the act of catching") is outside the field of play. A player standing out of bounds is considered out of bounds for the sake of the rule:

"Any forward pass (legal or illegal) is incomplete and the ball is dead immediately if the pass strikes the ground or goes out of bounds."

So as soon as Jackson bobbled the ball and the Bills receiver, who was standing on the white stripe, touched it, it was an incomplete pass. Complicated ruling but should not have been a pick.
Don't even need the bobble. As @XLIX posted, when Jackson originally caught the ball and before his second foot hit the ground, the OOB Bill touched the ball. That right there makes it incomplete even if it were never subsequently bobbled. Don't know how they missed that on review.

Don't even need the bobble. As @XLIX posted, when Jackson originally caught the ball and before his second foot hit the ground, the OOB Bill touched the ball. That right there makes it incomplete even if it were never subsequently bobbled. Don't know how they missed that on review.

Clearly got overly focused on the whole "completing the catch" and "two feet down" and just totally missed the fact the guy was out of bounds. It's just not something that comes up much, I guess. Steratore said on the broadcast he had never seen a play like it in his career.

Hard to say how good they are. With a healthy Jules and better play calling, I don't think this game would have been as close. Let the season play out and we will see what they are like next time around.

Some of those play calls looked like they came from the Bolshoi playbook, not an NFL one.

Some of those play calls looked like they came from the Bolshoi playbook, not an NFL one.

Yeah, Brady was doing so much twirling, I through he was a ballerina!

I don't understand why everyone is so dismissive of the Bills. Their defense was stifling and deserves respect. The Bills offense, while terrible on 3rd downs, still racked up 375 yards which isn't too bad. Their bonehead turnovers handed over the game.

The Billdos are legit all right...a legit 8-8.

Let's ignore the AFC South. Is it likely the Bills beat out the Chargers (almost certainly a wild card team) and the runner up in the Central for a playoff position? I guess it's possible but it does not seem at all likely.

The Central? :confused:

Chargers should be good enough to win a WC spot if they can't win the division so either they or the chiefs should take the #5 seed.

Browns vs Ravens for North it seems. Not sure which is the better team. They both play the Bills. My early guess is whichever of these teams doesn't win the north will be competing with Bills for #6 seed. The head to head game will be huge.

I don’t know how legit the Bills are, but I bet Brady hammers them in the rematch.

I don't understand why everyone is so dismissive of the Bills. Their defense was stifling and deserves respect. The Bills offense, while terrible on 3rd downs, still racked up 375 yards which isn't too bad. Their bonehead turnovers handed over the game.

Frank Gore was pretty impressive, I'll give them that. How much life will he have toward the end of the season at age 36?

Their coach is b*tch. Can't/won't respect that.

We were on the road and banged up for a "rock fight" type game. Yet, we still could have blown it open early. The INT in the endzone changed the whole complexion of the game.

I expect us to be 7-0 to start the season and have the division pretty much locked down. Bills have about a 25% chance of making the playoffs if they're lucky. Eff them.

The Billdos are legit all right...a legit 8-8.

D_Fence-1024x576.jpg

IS LEGIT

OFFENSE IS...

giphy.gif

We are. But the Bills are to be taken seriously until they prove otherwise

Lol. They had Brady on one of his worst games as a pro - at home - and barely managed 10 points.

I'm not taking that seriously. No.

I don’t know how legit the Bills are, but I bet Brady hammers them in the rematch.

not a smart bet. Brady struggled in all of the last 3 meeting against McDermott MIGHTILY

The urine begins to dribble down my leg when I imagine the Bills with Patrick Mahomes instead of that Space Cadet at QB.

Josh Allen went #7 in 2018. Patrick Mahomes went #10 the year before.

The Bills were a year late and a dollar short (LeSean McCoy) for true greatness.

Their defense is legit, been legit for a few years now. Their offense however sucks.

A few fans on their forum thought they would have won if Allen didn’t get injured. What morons.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back