PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Bills are legit

Interesting comments on the Bills broadcast from a guy who is coaching right now- not sure what level but he gave credit to the Pats for solving the Bills split 3 receiver and 1TE personnel set that had a lot of success in the weeks before. Said that the best and second best defenses in the league were playing in that game.

Also said the problem with the Patriots offense right now is the OL “isn’t very good” and the run blocking has really regressed. Not aware I’m sure that the OL is not healthy. Pointed out the only productive rush yards the Pats got were on “steam” plays. Nothing we didn’t know but interesting to hear on another broadcast.

Let’s keep in mind that games against the Patriots are playoff games for most teams and just another game for the Patriots. It was also a home playoff game for the Bills.

They put their very best into this game and still lost. We’ll see how the rest of their season goes

Last year, the Jags, Titans and Lions won their playoff games but weren’t to be found once the real playoffs arrived.

I think they are but what ?

4-0...

We are still more legit then them ;)

I think they have an amazing D. But i don't remember TB playing that bad. Only guy separating a little bit was Edelman. OL with 2 JAGS. Running game is pretty bad. But hey don't have a QB and they are good enough to be 15-20 every year. So they will always be avg without a real QB.

I'm hoping and assuming that when these two teams meet up again on December 22nd that the Pats will still be trying to lock down HFA in the playoffs and the Bills will get destroyed.

I knew the Bills Defense was good - it is...very good. Top 3 or 4 in the league, I think.

The Pats had a stinker game. Play-calling was all over the place, clock management was bad, Brady was in full pout mode...they have a couple of games like that (usually in Miami) a year.

The difference this year was a deep and amazing defense. And without Hightower (the Bills biggest plays were the result of errors by Bentley, who's really a rookie this year).

The officiating was awful and several HUGE plays went against the Pats.

They still won. They were one play short of making it a blowout early on and let a motivated team with an elite-level D stick around.

They still won.

I knew the Bills Defense was good - it is...very good. Top 3 or 4 in the league, I think.

The Pats had a stinker game. Play-calling was all over the place, clock management was bad, Brady was in full pout mode...they have a couple of games like that (usually in Miami) a year.

The difference this year was a deep and amazing defense. And without Hightower (the Bills biggest plays were the result of errors by Bentley, who's really a rookie this year).

The officiating was awful and several HUGE plays went against the Pats.

They still won. They were one play short of making it a blowout early on and let a motivated team with an elite-level D stick around.

They still won.

The officiating was awful both ways. They apparently thought the crowd and the people on TV came to see them. Way too many phantom calls both ways for my liking.

The whole "the Bills don't have a legitimate QB" thing is questionable. Allen looked bad against the Patriots but so has everyone else (and Brady didn't look much better). Allen's decision-making needs work - this was always true - and the Patriots have the gameplanning and personnel to neutralize his running, which other teams haven't been able to do. He's probably the best running QB in the league. But Allen's perfectly capable of winning games against bad teams and stay competitive against good ones, which is all you need to make a playoff run when you have a good defense.

The officiating was awful both ways. They apparently thought the crowd and the people on TV came to see them. Way too many phantom calls both ways for my liking.

Yeah not sure how anyone can say the officiating was one-sided when the Patriots got gifted an interception on an incomplete pass and it was upheld through review. That was a huge deal.

Is it crazy to say Barkley might be better? Not the dynamic run threat Allen is but, he might be a better passer.

Is it crazy to say Barkley might be better? Not the dynamic run threat Allen is but, he might be a better passer.

Aside from the running ability which is a big part of Allen's game, Barkley's got a popgun arm that doesn't really work with a team built around guys like John Brown and Robert Foster to drive balls downfield. Barkley's decision-making is better than Allen's but if this guy's your franchise quarterback you have to give him the chance to get better at that, because you gambled in the draft that he would and then assembled an offense around his cannon. I'm skeptical it will ever happen and he'll ever be anything more than a more athletic Joe Flacco, but I also didn't like Josh Allen coming out at all.

I'm hoping and assuming that when these two teams meet up again on December 22nd that the Pats will still be trying to lock down HFA in the playoffs and the Bills will get destroyed.

We look at things a bit differently. While I do assume it's likely the next to the last game of the season may have some bearing on playoff HFA I'm hoping the Pats will have it locked up by then and it doesn't

He really is an idiot when it comes to passing decisions. Can’t recall a guy so clueless/careless about his targets. His accuracy cannot be fixed either, though he could still potentially be a solid starter if weren’t for about 20% of his passes being absurdly bad reads. I hope Buffalo rides out the 4-5 years and keeps doubling down on his arm talent and mobility.
So many unnecessary sacks. He's just bad. I felt the same watching Bridgewater last night. They stink

We look at things a bit differently. While I do assume it's likely the next to the last game of the season may have some bearing on playoff HFA I'm hoping the Pats will have it locked up by then and it doesn't
Me too, but KC could make things interesting.

McDaniels had an awful day. He always has some stinkers. No adjustments whatsoever.

Yeah not sure how anyone can say the officiating was one-sided when the Patriots got gifted an interception on an incomplete pass and it was upheld through review. That was a huge deal.

Not saying it was lopsided - I said a couple of huge plays went against them, like the first fumble called back on D holding, and the hit by Jones.

I've watched that pick three times now, and I'm just not seeing it as a phantom. he caught it, bobbled it, secured it, and fell out of bounds.

The Chung pick was closer, but I think they got it right.

Not saying it was lopsided - but a couple of huge plays went against them, like the first fumble called back on D holding, and the hit by Jones.

I've watched that pick three times now, and I'm just not seeing it as a phantom. he caught it, bobbled it, secured it, and fell out of bounds.

The Chung pick was closer, but I think they got it right.

The Bills player had his hands on the football while standing out of bounds, before Jackson secured it. A ball is incomplete if any player touching a ball that hasn't been secured (i.e. "in the act of catching") is outside the field of play. A player standing out of bounds is considered out of bounds for the sake of the rule:

"Any forward pass (legal or illegal) is incomplete and the ball is dead immediately if the pass strikes the ground or goes out of bounds."

So as soon as Jackson bobbled the ball and the Bills receiver, who was standing on the white stripe, touched it, it was an incomplete pass. Complicated ruling but should not have been a pick.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back