PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2017 Mock Draft Thread

Not so much that I don't like him, it's more about the state of the roster. Part of my concern about the perceived interest in WRs is that I worry it means BB isn't a fan of Malcolm Mitchell as I'd hope. That might be an irrational worry, but that's my concern.

For me, it's more of a realization that Amendola is in the last year of his contract, and that both Edelman and Amendola are on the "wrong" side of 30 now. Better to be prepared a year too early than a year too late?

Also: anyone else unduly agitated today? I feel so restless and cagey. 8p.m. is a long way away, it seems! :mad:

For me, it's more of a realization that Amendola is in the last year of his contract, and that both Edelman and Amendola are on the "wrong" side of 30 now. Better to be prepared a year too early than a year too late?

Also: anyone else unduly agitated today? I feel so restless and cagey. 8p.m. is a long way away, it seems! :mad:

I am, but that's because I'm also on the politics forum we started when Ian got rid of ours. I'm much happier chilling with the Bros on the draft forum. I am bored however. 7 and a half hours to go :(

I am, but that's because I'm also on the politics forum we started when Ian got rid of ours. I'm much happier chilling with the Bros on the draft forum. I am bored however. 7 and a half hours to go :(

I'm too scared to discuss politics online with strangers; what if they don't like me after they know more about my beliefs? Football is a little safer. ;)

Would be so much fun. That'll keep me awake through the night.

I'm too scared to discuss politics online with strangers; what if they don't like me after they know more about my beliefs? Football is a little safer. ;)

I just get bolshy as Fletch and BobDigital will acknowledge. My draft persona is the real me.

I just get bolshy as Fletch and BobDigital will acknowledge. My draft persona is the real me.
So basicly Mel Kiper 2.0? If thats the case, then ill advise you to visit a barber :)

So basicly Mel Kiper 2.0? If thats the case, then ill advise you to visit a barber :)

Well I'm not quite as coiffured as he is but I do have quite the head of hair. No middle age hair loss for me.

Edelman is also UFA at the end of the season.

The "slot WR" position may not be filled for 2018 yet, but they may have a lot of offensive players who can fill the slot role for most of the plays in the playbook (maybe).

At least 3 RBs (possibly 4, if you count Foster), Dwayne Allen, Cooks.

Frankly, after totaling up the pass targets by positions for last year, and seeing how many of them were to the RBs, I'm wondering of were about to witness a significant change in the passing scheme akin to the 2-TE scheme inaugurated with the arrival of Gronk and Ahern.

Would be so much fun. That'll keep me awake through the night.

Hate to be the buzzkill.....my Pats mole who has fed me well the past decade says not to expect any major moves by NE tonight.

Hate to be the buzzkill.....my Pats mole who has fed me well the past decade says not to expect any major moves by NE tonight.

I don't think any of us truly expect any big moves. It's just fun to speculate. All of this draft talk is just trading on hopes, anyway. It's the ultimate "what if" scenario to bandy about with strangers online.

. . . but thanks for ruining everything :p

Reports are Conley could fall to the 3rd round.....please

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News