PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2012 season: the Jets [Mod Edit: STILL] suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take that job immediately. Clear the dead cap, start McElroy, get what you can for guys like Santonio Holmes et al, and start again from the bottom with what would be sure to be a great position in the draft. You're going to suck in your first year, but it wouldn't be that hard to rebuild the Jets so long as you have a brain in between your ears (which, thankfully, the chiefs in charge do not).

Of course the one guy who you couldn't get rid of is the guy who is the biggest problem; Woody Johnson.

A bad owner is usually terminal.

Not so sure about that. Vick needs to be protected well if he's to flourish, and the Jets OL doesn't look very capable of doing that. Vick would get killed on the current Jets offense.

Vick CANNOT be protected, because he doesn't know how to stay in the pocket and he makes bad pressure reads all the time and misses his alert calls. The OL cannot create a pocket for him because he is never where he is supposed to be and they cannot look behind them to locate him.

Watch one game with Nick Foles under center, and you will see that the Eagles OL is not all that bad when they are trying to protect an actual pocket passer.

They are not good by any means, but Foles gets sacked once every 15.6 pass attempts or so, which is only a bit below NFL average. Vick gets sacked once every 12.7 pass attempt which is closer to NFL bottom (Rodgers and Cutler get sacked once every 11.5 pass attempts). And that is not even counting all the times he manages to escape the pressure.

Last edited:
I would take that job immediately. Clear the dead cap, start McElroy, get what you can for guys like Santonio Holmes et al, and start again from the bottom with what would be sure to be a great position in the draft. You're going to suck in your first year, but it wouldn't be that hard to rebuild the Jets so long as you have a brain in between your ears (which, thankfully, the chiefs in charge do not).

Et tu, kontra. Et tu. :mad:

The last thing we need is someone with half a brain running the Jets.

His error as a starter is probably over, but he'll be a dead cap hit even if they let him ride off into the sunset this offseason. That still counts for something.

Awesome Freudian slip.

welp...it was a great ride BUT...it looks like the glorious "Jets Suck" ride is coming to an end if this weather report is accurate....

weatherforecastn.jpg

Rayge Rayge 19 finally came out of hiding and proclaimed all is well...the Jets are still the best...all players are the best...Sparano the best...Rex the best...cavanuagh is a POS though...AND...the MEDIA did it ...if not for the media, the Jets are the big winners...

The biggest change needs to be Cavanaugh, they tried to do this last year with Haley and David Lee, both were in the building, and it didn't happen for whatever reason.

They need to finish the job this year, they need a new QB coach and a bonafied passing coordinator to work with Sparano.

I'm fine with keeping Sparano as long as Cavanaugh is gone.

I think too many are focusing on the fallout of the roster and blaming Tanny for injuries that are not his doing.

I have no problem with the regime as it is getting one more year to right this wrong.

I still think bringing in Parcells in some capacity can restore order with the front office as well, as he has worked with everybody that is currently on the staff.

start here and read forward....has to be a space alien...has to be

Mort on Kay - Jets Insider.com Forums

Food for thought: the offensive side of the ball has been woefully neglected coaching wise since RR's arrival in NY, with Westhoff's departure after this season it's quite likely that STs follows suit. We've seen what happens when the Jets have average STs play, if it falls to the depths of the O... they might really become a 2-3 win team.

The Jets should just cut Sanchez/Holmes, eat the dead cap hell for 2013, and tank the season for Manziel. They are too stupid to do that so they will try to win and have another great 6-10 season.

Last edited:
The Jets should just cut Sanchez/Holmes, eat the dead cap hell for 2013, and tank the season for Manziel. They are too stupid to do that so they will try to win and have another great 6-10 season.

This sums up my feelings on that possibility.

Attachments

• Maya11.jpg
    Maya11.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 105
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe