PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2012 season: the Jets [Mod Edit: STILL] suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I took from this move is that McElroy produced 1 touchdown on a whopping 29 passing yards of offense, and the Jets fans are all ready to jump on the bandwagon and believe he is the future and conclude that he is MUCH better than Mark Sanchez.

Awesome sample size! SOJF.

I know what he was scribbling.
64680_10151279546681100_375817490_n.jpg

Thanks AD!

So FirePud Ed can return now with a McElroy jersey???:confused:

Well he is half right ... the Cardinals were not prepared for McElroy and once teams scheme on him it will be different. That being said they might as well rebuild and Sanchez is not the answer. He needs to be on a team that has a strong running game which is why he looked good when they had the ground and pound stupidity going.

I'm sure Rah! Rah! will spin this to prove how great Sanchez and Rex had to pull him because he was just too much for the Cards' defense and he felt bad.

His ceiling is still unlimited..... as a clipboard holder. He is so versatile at it. He can hold it with his left hand. He can hold it with his right hand. He can hold it with both hand. He can take notes on it. I bet by the end of the season, he will be the best clipboard holder in the league.

So how much is Sanchez going to be getting paid to hold a clipboard next year? 8m or something like that?

We should start a campaign writing into the Jets HQ posing as Jets fans in defense of Tannenbaum. I think he is, by far, the ultimate cause of their ills.

I'm calling it now the QB for the Jets next year will be ... Vick.

Eagles will cut him and Woody will do anything to get another controversial QB. This year QB class is rather weak so I really think this could happen

I'm calling it now the QB for the Jets next year will be ... Vick.

Eagles will cut him and Woody will do anything to get another controversial QB. This year QB class is rather weak so I really think this could happen

I don't think the Jets can afford Vick with Sanchez costing so much.

I don't think the Jets can afford Vick with Sanchez costing so much.

After giving Sanchez this kind of contract I really wouldn't underestimate how "special" that FO is and they still have Goodell for getting more Cap room.
Also Vick won't get a big contract anymore. His performances and injuries have put him in a bad situation for contract negotiations.

I could see them going after Vick but that's only if Tannenbaum is kept on because he'll be desperate and looking for a quick fix.

If they demote/fire Tannenbaum and bring in someone else to be head of personnel I doubt they do that. But you can hope.

After giving Sanchez this kind of contract I really wouldn't underestimate how "special" that FO is and they still have Goodell for getting more Cap room.
Also Vick won't get a big contract anymore. His performances and injuries have put him in a bad situation for contract negotiations.

Vick won't get a top QB contract, but I think someone will give him decent starter money. The Jets are going to have to find someone who is looking for really good back up money with Sanchez counting over $12 million towards the cap and their roster very top heavy capwise and only having like 38 players under contract when they start the cuts.

I could see them going after Vick but that's only if Tannenbaum is kept on because he'll be desperate and looking for a quick fix.

If they demote/fire Tannenbaum and bring in someone else to be head of personnel I doubt they do that. But you can hope.

I think Tannebaum will be demoted to a position where he does contracts and deal with the cap. He won't be outright fired. There will be a new GM and any GM worth anything knows you have to build around a franchise QB in this league. Neither Sanchez nor Vick is that guy at this point.

I think the next GM will bring in a Henne or someone of that ilk to compete with Sanchez for the starting job. Either one of them work or he will use another failed year to oust Ryan and the start completely over hoping 2014 is a QB rich draft since from what I am hearing 2013 won't be.

Rob, see if you can nail down the real cap figure for Sanchez next season...so far today I've read 9 million, 10.5, 12 mil and 13 mil....what is the actual bona fide cap number?

Rob, see if you can nail down the real cap figure for Sanchez next season...so far today I've read 9 million, 10.5, 12 mil and 13 mil....what is the actual bona fide cap number?

According to Jason over at NYJetsCap, it is $12.8 million or so. I find his numbers as good as Miguel's were when he was actively updating the Pats' cap page (Jason does it for every team in the divsion to boot). Here is the mess that is the Jets' cap in 2013:

New York Jets Salary Cap

They will easily get under it by $10-20 million, but will have a lot of roster spots to fill that will make that money go really quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down