PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2012 season: the Jets [Mod Edit: STILL] suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
This poster is a very solid one on TGG, and has a unique take on Brady:

Brady Watch - Playoffs since the injury - TheGangGreen.com Message Board

This line alone is completely out of left field:

I'm looking at the last few years and I think Bill Belichik is going to have a shocker in the works for us. Not this year, but in 2014 when Brady is easily cuttable in the last year of his contract.

I think Brady's playing for his job in the playoffs this year and if he plays the way he's been playing since the injury Belichik is going to let him go, just like he has with every other star who suddenly looked mortal and had a real price tag attached.

The OP projects his own hopes and fantasies onto the Pats and Brady. But, the rest of his post, however, is a pretty good run-down of Brady's most recent playoff history.

Good item available on eBay:

Attachments

• Jetsuck.JPG
    Jetsuck.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 56
jets dumped all of their dead weight today..pace scott smith ect. Freed up 26 mill and still over cap i think :D

jets dumped all of their dead weight today..pace scott smith ect. Freed up 26 mill and still over cap i think :D

Is that right? Are they still over? All I keep seeing is they "freed up $30M in cap space." Seems to me that if you're still over, you haven't "freed up" anything.

They're about $7 million under now from what I've seen, but they've got a lot of signings to make.

And they've still got Captain Buttfumble running the ship...

Is that right? Are they still over? All I keep seeing is they "freed up $30M in cap space." Seems to me that if you're still over, you haven't "freed up" anything.

I was wrong..they are 5.7 under it at the moment as they freed 30.7 million. but now they have to fill those spots but will free up more $$ when they trade revis

Tanny was a cap genius according to jets fans....hilarious

They're about $7 million under now from what I've seen, but they've got a lot of signings to make.

And they've still got Captain Buttfumble running the ship...

I bet all my money McElroy ends up being starter by week 1.

God, they're a mess. :D

I was wrong..they are 5.7 under it at the moment as they freed 30.7 million. but now they have to fill those spots but will free up more $$ when they trade revis

Tanny was a cap genius according to jets fans....hilarious

Ah, excellent. Yeah, when reports say they "free up $30 million in cap space," it makes it sound like they now have that money to spend. Sounds like that's not quite the story.

I can't wait for all the rancor, booing, hilarious futility and lopsided losses for the Green Beans this coming season. Should be a classic year for them (and us). Watching them flounder mightily will be almost as fun as watching the Patriots win. :singing::singing::singing:

The Jets cut starters Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, Eric Smith, and Jason Smith to create 30.7 million in cap relief to get them an amazing 5 million under the cap.

Now all they need is to get...

-two starting OLB
-two starting S
-starting RT
-starting LG
-starting RG
-starting QB
-starting RB
-starting WR
-starting TE
-starting LDE

And that is completely ignoring all depth which they have none of at every position except corner.

I recently have seen Jets mock that stated...
-Vollmer signs for 3 years 4 mill per year
-Mike Wallace signs for 4 years, 5 mill per year
-DRC signs for 1 year 1.5 mill
-Greg Jennings signs for 2 years 7 mill

This is the fan base that I saw Mario Williams going for 5 years 25 million last off season. Completely delusional. A+ grade entertainment though.

Jets are a joke.

Rex is never one to disappoint with the unintentional laughs. Now he is comparing Stephen Hill's bust of a rookie season to Jerry Rice's rookie season.

“I’m always reminded that Jerry Rice never started as a rookie,” Ryan said. “I don’t know who was coaching him, but it does show you the greatest receiver of all time never even started as a rookie.”

Rex Ryan says Stephen Hill “needs to be a lot better” | ProFootballTalk

Rice had 49 catches for 927 yards and 3 TDs as a rookie. Hill had 21 catches for 252 yards and 2 TDs (both TDs coming in the first game vs. the Bills). Also, as pointed out, Rice did start for four games as a rookie and the only reason he didn't start more is because he had two pretty good WRs in front of him (Rice transplanted Solomon late in the year).

In what alternative universe is Hill's rookie season remotely related to Jerry Rice's. The only reason Hill started last year was because the waterboy was a better receiver than any of the outside receivers behind Hill.

Rex is never one to disappoint with the unintentional laughs. Now he is comparing Stephen Hill's bust of a rookie season to Jerry Rice's rookie season.

Rice had 49 catches for 927 yards and 3 TDs as a rookie. Hill had 21 catches for 252 yards and 2 TDs (both TDs coming in the first game vs. the Bills). Also, as pointed out, Rice did start for four games as a rookie and the only reason he didn't start more is because he had two pretty good WRs in front of him (Rice transplanted Solomon late in the year).

In what alternative universe is Hill's rookie season remotely related to Jerry Rice's. The only reason Hill started last year was because the waterboy was a better receiver than any of the outside receivers behind Hill.

To be fair to Hill, he also was injured, played in only 11 games, and had Captain Buttfumble throwing him the football. The kid gets open, a lot, and he gets wide open quite a bit. He just needs someone to cast a stone-to-flesh spell on his hands.

To be fair to Hill, he also was injured, played in only 11 games, and had Captain Buttfumble throwing him the football. The kid gets open, a lot, and he gets wide open quite a bit. He just needs someone to cast a stone-to-flesh spell on his hands.

Well, his major hands of stone are a big problem with him. Also, how much would he get open if teams were actually worried about him catching the ball? They could leave him wide open because they knew the only way he was going to catch the ball is if Sanchez lobbed it underhand to him and even then either Sanchez would over throw him by ten yards or he would drop the ball.

Of course typical Rex "Rice never started as a rookie" when he started 4 games.
And "I don't know who was coaching him" ummmm, that would be HOFer Bill Walsh who did more thinking the first day of camp than Rex does in a season.

Well, his major hands of stone are a big problem with him. Also, how much would he get open if teams were actually worried about him catching the ball? They could leave him wide open because they knew the only way he was going to catch the ball is if Sanchez lobbed it underhand to him and even then either Sanchez would over throw him by ten yards or he would drop the ball.

If Hill was a member of the Patriots, we'd be salivating about the possibilities in his sophomore season. Since he's a Jet, I'm going to take a "concerned' approach. Mornhinweg loves slants, and this kid has the size and speed to make a living off of them.

It all comes down to how much work he did with his hands. Will he end up as a Demaryus Thomas/Calvin Johnson kind of receiver, or a Darius Heward-Bey? That's the question, IMO.

Well, that and the question of whether MM can teach Sanchez to at least hit the broad side of a barn more often than not...

If Hill was a member of the Patriots, we'd be salivating about the possibilities in his sophomore season. Since he's a Jet, I'm going to take a "concerned' approach. Mornhinweg loves slants, and this kid has the size and speed to make a living off of them.

It all comes down to how much work he did with his hands. Will he end up as a Demaryus Thomas/Calvin Johnson kind of receiver, or a Darius Heward-Bey? That's the question, IMO.

Well, that and the question of whether MM can teach Sanchez to at least hit the broad side of a barn more often than not...

Hill would have been lambasted as a pick for his inability to pick up any pro offense, let alone the Pats'. Trivia question: who is the last Pats WR to have more than 252 yards in his rookie season?

Hill would have been lambasted as a pick for his inability to pick up any pro offense, let alone the Pats'. Trivia question: who is the last Pats WR to have more than 252 yards in his rookie season?
Since there were only two WR's who followed him, and they played for a combined one game between them, I believe that would be young Mr. Edelman.

Unless you mean the last player who played in college as a WR, rather than a QB. . . .

Look back to before the draft. I was on record that I absolutely wanted the Pats to avoid Hill at all costs. Why? Because he couldn't run routes or catch the ball in college. That was his knock in college. So far it is proven to be true in the Pros.

If he was a Patriot, I would be concerned my fears were correct. Since he is a Jets I am excited that he is on the way to be a big bust. He could turn it around, but so far he is confirming my reasoning why I wanted the Pats to avoid him.

Julian Edelman. I think he had over 300 yards.

EDIT: After looking it up I was correct. He had 37 catches for 359 yards and 1 TD in his rookie season in 2009. And that was his first year playing WR at any level (well, he might have played WR in high school, but I am not sure).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back