PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

That loss is on the coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
The coaching staff either didn't have the defense prepared for Philly's RPO style offense, or the defense simply couldn't handle it under the pressure of a real game. After seeing some of the all-22 film clips being posted, a common theme is LB and safeties misreading the play, biting on the fakes, chasing the wrong guy, and by the time they realize it, they are way out of position and contribute to giving up a big play. And besides switching the Gilmore over to Jeffry, there were no adjustments made, at least none that had any visible effect.

All that and the pathetic job of tackling just looks like a team that wasn't prepared; coaching, physically, and mentally.

Some may think that the Pats got to the super bowl with a lesser talented roster due to coaching and TB.

Tyhere's no doubt in my mind that this years defense cost the SuperBowl for the Pats. Tom had an outstanding day. Usually you win when you get 500 yards and 3tds and no ints..Usually!
But that D could not get off the field. Time after time 3rd downs keep getting converted. QB pressure was non existant(That Philly Oline is to be respected though)
Our linebackers being burnt in coverage and other dbs playing out of position because...yeah that.
I can't help but think this D would have stopped at least one or 2 of those Philly drives with Malcolm in there.
Nothing we can do. I still hope we get our coach back next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back