PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank you Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t see Brady leaving NE with his last throw being a pick 6 lol. He’ll want to come back with a vengeance.

I can’t see Brady leaving NE with his last throw being a pick 6 lol. He’ll want to come back with a vengeance.

This team seemed very dysfunctional. Specifically the way Tom handled what was clearly a transitional year to a new group of skill position players and OL in a post Gronk era. BB has clearly laid out his team-building philosophy but I'm positive after taking relatively team-friendly contracts for years Tom was highly frustrated with the supporting cast he was given.

My heart is telling me that Tom is aware of Father Time closing in and isn't particularly enthused about the Belichickian approach to team building.

My current theory is that he's most likely to be a Patriot next year but a close second I could see him being a NYG next year if Josh goes there. Tom is almost certainly not going to want to learn a new system at this point in career. Mara would love to hurt Kraft - it is one of his favorite things - and taking our OC and GOAT QB would certainly accomplish that enough that making their 2019 #1 draft pick sit for 1-2 seasons would be worth it.

If Josh goes to Cleveland all bets are off - Mayfield has a ton of potential in the right system and Haslam won't want to see him sit behind Brady.

But if Josh goes to NY then all ****ing bets are off.

Tom made me watch and like this sport. i dont know what the NFL looks like without him. For that alone a big thank you is in the books.
But i dont think i will say it just yet. I think i still have a couple more years of Tom Brady to watch, in NE or somewhere else.

If NE doesn’t give him a proper ofense to play with, i certainly hope he goes somewhere else and wins it all.

This team seemed very dysfunctional. Specifically the way Tom handled what was clearly a transitional year to a new group of skill position players and OL in a post Gronk era. BB has clearly laid out his team-building philosophy but I'm positive after taking relatively team-friendly contracts for years Tom was highly frustrated with the supporting cast he was given.

My heart is telling me that Tom is aware of Father Time closing in and isn't particularly enthused about the Belichickian approach to team building.

My current theory is that he's most likely to be a Patriot next year but a close second I could see him being a NYG next year if Josh goes there. Tom is almost certainly not going to want to learn a new system at this point in career. Mara would love to hurt Kraft - it is one of his favorite things - and taking our OC and GOAT QB would certainly accomplish that enough that making their 2019 #1 draft pick sit for 1-2 seasons would be worth it.

If Josh goes to Cleveland all bets are off - Mayfield has a ton of potential in the right system and Haslam won't want to see him sit behind Brady.

But if Josh goes to NY then all ****ing bets are off.

I can't see a scenario where Brady wants to go to a place that is constantly going to remind him of the 2007 and 2011 Super Bowls. Unlike Peyton who was too much of a loser to make enemies, there's certain places that just outright don't like Brady and want to build up their heroes at his expense. The NYG fanbase LOVES Eli, and they would like nothing more for him Brady to come their and fail so they can talk up how Eli could win there and Brady just doesn't do well when the Giants were involved. Also as bad as NE media is, NYC media is so much worse. It would be really sad to watch them trash Brady on the way out when he does inevitably decline, whether that's next year or two years from now.

Also beyond that, the Giants are trash. They haven't won anything in 3 years and they are going to have to pay their only talented player a fortune. That player being an RB who plays the least valuable position.

Colts are another spot for Brady, but I can't see him wanting to go to a place where they are constantly going to compare him to Peyton.

Right now this team has a killer defense and has clear needs on offense they can target in the off season and it's with a coach and ownership that he is comfortable with. Kraft will protect Brady if he does start declining soon. Somewhere else? Brady likely ends up a scapegoat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft