PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank you Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom is not going anywhere. The best "win now" team in the league for Tom Brady are the Patriots. I think there is serious brinkmanship being undertaken by Brady against the Patriots to get himself a 2 or a 3 year contract after which he would retire. (Brinkmanship is the practice of trying to achieve an advantageous outcome by pushing dangerous events to the brink of active conflict)

Even less teams win 6 rings. He’s earned the right to play to 50 here if he wants.
If Brady wants to come back, he should absolutely be back assuming he's not trying to be the highest paid QB or something (at which point that basically means he doesnt want to be back anyway)

He proved tonight that however many problems this team has, he's not one of them. And while this isn't a sentimental business, he's our ****ing quarterback.

But I could easily see either Brady or Belichick deciding it's time to move on. And if that happens I'll absolutely keep rooting for Brady. He's my all time favorite athlete no matter what uniform he's wearing

Last edited:
Remember that TB during his tenor as a QB for the Patriots, he has given the home-team a discount on his salary , many times. For the sole purpose of getting quality players to improve the team and get to the SB.

Brady made a comment along the lines of “unlikely, hopefully” when asked if he’ll retire.

If he wanted to play next season he could. There will be a team, Patriots or otherwise, who wants him.

His comment is revealing because (and I’m reading between the lines here), he’s indicating he’ll play next season if the Patriots want him.

I doubt either Tom nor Giselle want to uproot and move to an entirely new location with school-aged children, and does Tom want to learn a new offense in an unfamiliar environment at this stage of his career? It doesn’t seem ideal at his age and given how family oriented he’s become.

Yes, hypothetically moving on from McD would be a challenge, but certainly not a bigger one than learning a brand new offense.

So it seems contingent on BB wanting him and them reaching mutually agreeable compensation.

I suspect we’ll see him in a Patriots uniform next season.

Last edited:
People need to step back and realize this franchise was gunning for a 4th Superbowl in a row.

I mean damn, that's amazing.

Ehhhh...I want Brady to come back as much as anyone, but it isn’t hard to read between the lines and conclude that he told Romo (and probably Schefter) that he’s done with the Patriots. I just broke up a business partnership after ten years. We both agree, mutually, it’s been a great run but people grow and change. I think, honestly, Tom may be better served playing for a coach whose less of a hard ass and an offense that already has some proven talent. He can be very successful in many different systems.

Tom’s priority will always be winning, but another priority is proving he can play longer than anyone else. It’s like a David Blaine stunt, but everything he’s said has been consistent that this is like his religion, the TB12 health stuff. I think he wants a team that will commit to him and believe in him. If it’s true that the Patriots weren’t willing to extend him, than the parties have different goals.

My guess:

70% chance he’s with another team
25% chance he returns to Patriots, with a very unique contract for Pats players
5% chance he retires

Ehhhh...I want Brady to come back as much as anyone, but it isn’t hard to read between the lines and conclude that he told Romo (and probably Schefter) that he’s done with the Patriots. I just broke up a business partnership after ten years. We both agree, mutually, it’s been a great run but people grow and change. I think, honestly, Tom may be better served playing for a coach whose less of a hard ass and an offense that already has some proven talent. He can be very successful in many different systems.

Tom’s priority will always be winning, but another priority is proving he can play longer than anyone else. It’s like a David Blaine stunt, but everything he’s said has been consistent that this is like his religion, the TB12 health stuff. I think he wants a team that will commit to him and believe in him. If it’s true that the Patriots weren’t willing to extend him, than the parties have different goals.

My guess:

5% chance he retires

Selling his custom-built mansion in Brookline, MA this year is probably a precursor to what will happen in 2020 NFL season...

Selling his custom-built mansion in Brookline, MA this year is probably a precursor to what will happen in 2020 NFL season...
He moved to CT. You do realize Brady had a mansion in California for a huge chunk of his career in New England, right?

He moved to CT. You do realize Brady had a mansion in California for a huge chunk of his career in New England, right?

I guess I forgot about a spouse whose net worth is in 100's millions... :oops:

Dak is a free agent
Jerry clearly wants to win now
Great oline and back
Extremely talented roster
Vacant head coach
Type of franchise that can mesh with Tom's greatness

I can certainly see the Cowboys as a landing spot for Brady and possibly JmcD

I agree.

I just hope they don't drag this for months, I hope they address this as soon as possible, I can't stand the media already trying to create narratives,
It won’t drag on for months. The moment Brady’s contract hits the autovoid date in March NE takes a $13.5mil dead money cap hit for 2020 whereas if they extend him its $6.75mil each in 2020 and 2021. So if they do want to keep him there’s a big incentive to get it done before the March void date. So we should know something by then as it makes no sense to let the contract expire if NE is going to keep him.

My guess:

5% chance he retires
Yeah, as much as I want Brady to come back I really don't think he will be and won't blame him at all in the likely event that he leaves. Tonight put an exclamation point on what's become increasingly clear over the last two months: that in the short time he has left, if he's looking for immediate success New England probably isn't the best place for him to be.

I won't blame him of Belichick if/when the divorce occurs. It's just a reality of the sport, I think the Pats need a soft rebuild and Brady doesn't have time to be part of one. Incidentally, I too ended a long-term business partnership (9 years) last year. It was good while it lasted, but it was time for it to end.

Yeah, as much as I want Brady to come back I really don't think he will be and won't blame him at all in the likely event that he leaves. Tonight put an exclamation point on what's become increasingly clear over the last two months: that in the short time he has left, if he's looking for immediate success New England probably isn't the best place for him to be.

I won't blame him of Belichick if/when the divorce occurs. It's just a reality of the sport, I think the Pats need a soft rebuild and Brady doesn't have time to be part of one. Incidentally, I too ended a long-term business partnership (9 years) last year. It was good while it lasted, but it was time for it to end.

I still think his best chance of success is here. Whatever upgrade in talent he’d get elsewhere would be offset by the drop off in coaching, and Brady knows that.

I think Brady wants to be here and will be if BB wants him here.

Last edited:
This was a heck of a fantastic 20 years, I hope we have some. But if not, Thank you Tom for all the memories.

Brady has been in 2/3 of my life. I can’t imagine losing him.

yikes, too many drinks. I sound like a crazy ex.

r81m has left the chat

Brady has been in 2/3 of my life. I can’t imagine losing him.

yikes, too many drinks. I sound like a crazy ex.

r81m has left the chat
it's okay man, literally everyone here understands where you're at. I mean, it's only half of my life, but I totally get where you're coming from and I'm sure everyone else does too.

Tom is not going anywhere. The best "win now" team in the league for Tom Brady are the Patriots. I think there is serious brinkmanship being undertaken by Brady against the Patriots to get himself a 2 or a 3 year contract after which he would retire. (Brinkmanship is the practice of trying to achieve an advantageous outcome by pushing dangerous events to the brink of active conflict)
Tom isn’t gonna take a hometown discount, he’s gone. Do you think he’s worth 25 mill in cap space next year (He’s not worth 25 mill) ? I doubt he’d take 15 mill.

it's okay man, literally everyone here understands where you're at. I mean, it's only half of my life, but I totally get where you're coming from and I'm sure everyone else does too.

like I can’t imagine a Patriots teams without Brady. I know it’s coming. I want to ignore it. I want to look away. Whether it’s next year or the year after. I will ALWAYS be a Patriots fan forever. I’m from Iowa. Grew up a Bledsoe fan. But, I can’t come to terms.

Brady is everything.

I got drunk and cried about Tom Brady playing for someone else.

Yes, that's stupid. But it's also not. At the very least I can be content to know that I appreciated the very special situation we had here. We got to root for THE GOAT for more seasons than made sense.

Tom Brady doesn't know who I am and I'm forever grateful for the fact that out of the 34 years I've spent being a Pats fan 19 of them I got to watch Tom Brady in some capacity while I endured some of the worst personal hardships I will ever encounter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes