PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Terry Glenn Jr Tragedy-Very sad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is so sad. It sounds like the loss of his father affected him more than anyone knew.

They are together now and can watch all the football they want side by side. I bet Terry Sr. would have gotten a kick out of the Pats - Cowboys game last week...

Terrible news. Love to all who were affected.

so sad...:(

As much as I think it is sad that this happened or sad that anyone dies of a drug overdose, not sure it is because of his father's alcohol induced death..

Probably a bigger factor in all of this was that Terry Jr. was a third generation substance abuser, and never broke the cycle..

Always believed in "generationally transmitted dysfunctions", while some folks avoid the pitfalls of their families many do not..

Terry Jr. was "born to the breed" and in that breed they coped with stress by excessive drug/alcohol use..

Strange. Shmessy and we're just talking about Glenn last week.

Can't imagine what the mother is going through

As much as I think it is sad that this happened or sad that anyone dies of a drug overdose, not sure it is because of his father's alcohol induced death..

Probably a bigger factor in all of this was that Terry Jr. was a third generation substance abuser, and never broke the cycle..

Always believed in "generationally transmitted dysfunctions", while some folks avoid the pitfalls of their families many do not..

Terry Jr. was "born to the breed" and in that breed they coped with stress by excessive drug/alcohol use..

There were stories of Terry locking himself in his room and not answering the door for anyone before practice and games. While not knowing specifics, it seemed elder Glenn suffered from depression, and perhaps more.

That would likely been the root of substance abuse, and the possible combination of depression, Terry's death and the holiday season might have made it difficult for Terry Jr. to cope.

Sad.

There were stories of Terry locking himself in his room and not answering the door for anyone before practice and games. While not knowing specifics, it seemed elder Glenn suffered from depression, and perhaps more.

That would likely been the root of substance abuse, and the possible combination of depression, Terry's death and the holiday season might have made it difficult for Terry Jr. to cope.

Sad.
This is something that happens everyday. We feel it more when we see a celebrity’s name but we still don’t truly feel it.

it’s not until it’s a friend or family member do we really FEEL it. I’ve seen this close up on more than one occasion and it digs deep. A long time has passed since I’ve experienced this, but it never goes away.

The reality is, There but for the grace of God go I...

I met a surgical device rep in the OR last year that played for the Buckeyes. He told me stories about how Terry Glenn would be unstoppable in practice. He was such a natural talent.
So said to have his story and legacy become more about addiction/death than his superhuman talent.

Sad. Substance abuse issues e.g. alcoholism can run in families. Hard to beat.
I remember a young Terry Glenn at Smithfield, RI training camp. Players and some of us fans would head to Parentes after practice for food & libations. Players would unwind. Bledsoe would sit with his OL. In marked contrast, Terry Glenn sat alone in the back, away from any other players. He did not seem to be a happy person.
Condolences to the remaining Glenn family members.

Somehow I forgot Terry Glenn senior died. Damn, hate to see this happen.

Such a waste. This **** is totally out of hand these days. Anyone who thinks that this can't happen to anyone they know or love is a complete fool.

Sad.

As in the Josh Gordon the toxic stew of substance abuse and depression is very hard to deal with.. but there are ways that the substance abuse can be dealt with.. depression may have more of a neurological/physiological basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes