Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you be in favor of adding Tebow to the Pats

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tebow would not be a QB with us, however, he could play goal line FB or TB. He may be able to pass catch (I assume he can if we actually trade for him). While we don't use the Wildcat, we could occasionally (except, I admit I'd be scared). What really interests me is using him like Tampa Bay used FB Mike Alstott. I would favor his pickup for a lowish pick and a reasonable contract (renegotiate?).

That said, I agree with "Andy Johnson" that Tebow would not want to come here under the conditions that would be required.

Last edited:
I'm glad you're tapped in with all the GMs of the league. Shouldn't I be asking you for a source or something...

Yeah, I'm sure Kraft would be furious that we acquired a bunch of new fans...

Players improve and he's already proved to be capable of winning games. I doubt Tebow is finished developing as a player.

Also, in the red zone, you could use Tebow as any of the following... Tight end/hback blocker, QB sub, full back, running back, even WR. And I'm not sure why you'd be concerned with Tebow's ego...

Bill has shown no hesitation to use players as he seems fit, conventional wisdom be damned.

Dan Klecko played full back, Mike Vrabel played tight end, Richard Seymour played full back, Don Davis doubled a safety, Troy Brown and Edelman played CB (although those 2 were more out of necessity)... I'm sure there are others that I'm forgetting.

To this point you made, "He won't be a decoy if you know he going to run." Who says he always going to run?

You want to take Brady out of the game when we're in the red zone and put Tebow in there to throw it?
Think about what you just suggested for a moment, it may be the most completely insane thing ever posted on this board.

How many QBs has BB had play other positions?

Tebow's ego concerns me because he is a glory hound.

While Kraft might like new fans, I highly doubt Bill Belichick gives a **** and he's the one who makes the decision on player acquisitions.

Last edited:
AT VERY LEAST:

I hypothesize if Tebow comes to NE, he will never play behind Brady. Therefore, if Tebow is never playing we never have to hear about him. If we never have to hear about him, sports news will be bearable again.

I actually think he will become a good QB one day, but trading for him when we have Brady and a developing Mallett just makes no sense.

TE/H-Back?

Only reason for him, then I'd only give them a 7th round pick.

You'd give up a 7th for Tim Tebow?

I wouldn't trade an old newspaper.

The team could recycle the newspaper, and earn maybe a thousandth of a cent. That would do more for the franchise than Tebow.

No, no, no.

I'd rather be a Jest fan. **** Tebow

You want to take Brady out of the game when we're in the red zone and put Tebow in there to throw it?
Think about what you just suggested for a moment, it may be the most completely insane thing ever posted on this board.

How many QBs has BB had play other positions?

Tebow's ego concerns me because he is a glory hound.

While Kraft might like new fans, I highly doubt Bill Belichick gives a **** and he's the one who makes the decision on player acquisitions.

BB is indeed making player personnel decisions. He's also employed by Kraft. It'd be ignorant to say Kraft's word doesn't carry weight. And Bill was genuinely interested in drafting Tebow from the get go.

I wouldn't want Tebow throwing in the red zone often but trickery can be very valuable in key spots.

Tim Tebow jump pass - YouTube

You'd legitimately be more comfortable starting one of Hoyer or Mallett than Tebow if Brady had to sit out a game or two?
Absolutely. 100%. Without question.

I'll take the guy that's already started double digit games and won in the playoffs, that's for damn sure.
And I will take the guy who hasn't played over the guy who played poorly, even if the team won despite him.

And you seriously need explained to you how he could be an effective decoy or useful in the red zone? You may be even less creative than Brian Schottenheimer.
No, I just don't live in a fantasy land. Let me guess, you want to put him on the field in the red zone instead of a real player because you might scare someone into thinking he might pass the ball? Wow, what a genius move. :rolleyes:

I also never suggested that Brady would have to leave the field for Tebow to be an effective asset in the red zone. Not sure why you think they're always gonna be mutually exclusive.

Either your wording or my comprehension was poor, because it sounded like you were saying put Tebow in to run QB sneaks.

Last edited by a moderator:
BB is indeed making player personnel decisions. He's also employed by Kraft. It'd be ignorant to say Kraft's word doesn't carry weight. And Bill was genuinely interested in drafting Tebow from the get go.

I wouldn't want Tebow throwing in the red zone often but trickery can be very valuable in key spots.

How can you possibly claim to know that?

For once, I agree with Andy.

If by some miracle they acquired Mario Williams from the Bills, Jared Allen, Mike Wallace, and resigned Welker and BJGE all at the veteran minimum, getting Tebow would cancel all of that out and make this the worst free agency haul in history.

You're wasting your time trying to get an honest discussion of this kid here.

I for once would welcome Tebow with open arms!

if the price was right i would say go get him. He is not going to play QB, but the kid is a winner. I like having winners on my team. He could be used as TE/H back, emergency QB, Wild Patriot formations etc. He is tough as nails and you could stick him on ST.

There is no down side to getting him if the price is right.

Absolutely. 100%. Without question.

And I will take the guy who hasn't played over the guy who played poorly, even if the team won despite him.

No, I just don't live in a fantasy land. Let me guess, you want to put him on the field in the red zone instead of a real player because you might scare someone into thinking he might pass the ball? Wow, what a genius move. :rolleyes:

Either your wording or my comprehension was poor, because it sounded like you were saying put Tebow in to run QB sneaks.

In 6 of the 13 games he started he had a QB rating of 90 or better. He also rushed for 49+ yards in 8 games. His style is not pretty, but results are all that matter.

Hoyer has never thrown a meaningful pass at the professional level. Brian could very well end up being a better QB than Tebow, but anything past this season is irrelevant to discussion since he only has one year left on his contract, Mallett is being groomed to take his spot and by all indications he's looking to get a chance at starting somewhere.

I think it would be a complete mistake to start a guy who has only 43 passing attempts in garbage time if you've got Tebow on your roster.

Ok... decoys are useless. Wonderful point. You're totally right that coaches rarely, if ever, use players as a decoy and find success even less of the time... Cool story.

Also, QB sneaks happen at places all over the field, not just the goal line.

yes ..tebow ...as a full back....nothing else ....he cant hit a side of a barn

How can you possibly claim to know that?

BB isn't going to waste his time doing stuff like this if he has no interest in the guy.

Tim Tebow Says Pre-Draft Meeting With Bill Belichick Was 'Phenomenal Experience' - New England Patriots - NESN.com

From the horse's mouth....
"We brought Tim in and spent a whole day with him here in addition to our other interactions with him," Belichick said. "He's an impressive young man. He had great success in college. I think all his attributes are pretty well-documented. He's a strong guy, smart, works hard, a great leader, great football character. He made a lot of big plays for Florida and won two national championships."

He's also shown a propensity for drafting just about any product from Urban Meyer's system.

Last edited:
BB isn't going to waste his time doing stuff like this if he has no interest in the guy.

Tim Tebow Says Pre-Draft Meeting With Bill Belichick Was 'Phenomenal Experience' - New England Patriots - NESN.com

From the horse's mouth....

He's also shown a propensity for drafting just about any product from Urban Meyer's system.

1) BB meets with many players that he doesnt draft, even when they are available in the slot they would have been projected to go to the Pats.
2) Are you seriously telling me that BB praising a player means anything? Do you listen to his press conferences? I guess that 2-14 Colts team really was very good, huh?
3) He has drafted a few guys from Florida. He isn't drafting people BECAUSE THEY WENT TO FLA, he drafts them because he wants to draft them. We are talking about what, 3 players?

Keeping trying, so far, no dice.

TE/H-Back?

Only reason for him, then I'd only give them a 7th round pick.

My best offer would be Ochostinko and a bag of unsalted popcorn. Tebow would also have to restructure his contract to minimum.

1) BB meets with many players that he doesnt draft, even when they are available in the slot they would have been projected to go to the Pats.
2) Are you seriously telling me that BB praising a player means anything? Do you listen to his press conferences? I guess that 2-14 Colts team really was very good, huh?
3) He has drafted a few guys from Florida. He isn't drafting people BECAUSE THEY WENT TO FLA, he drafts them because he wants to draft them. We are talking about what, 3 players?

Keeping trying, so far, no dice.

Wow, Great post. You 100% convinced me that BB has a tendency to spend his time interviewing players he has no interest in. That is a strong strategy.

BB trusts Meyer and believes in his system/the way he grooms players. Meyer and BB are confidants. The same thing was true when Saban was at LSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents