PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Team Receivers - rankings - Patriots #31

let me guess....based on fake PFF metrics?

Absolutely positively!!!! OL is the biggest concern on this team.. not WR, not JJ situation, definitely not coaching.

It just appears that out most physically gifted and imposing OL Trent Brown just doesn't care. He got his 60 million in FA a few years ago and hasn't been the same player since. We know BB and klemm have to know that he isn't in shape.. I don't know where the O line reinforcements come from. We know that Andrews and ownenu are the starters beyond that who knows what the line will look like.

Andrews, Onwenu, and Strange are starters. We drafted great backups and hopefully future starters for the IOL positions.

There are enough guys to patch things together at RT. LT is the major concern. Yes, I agree BB and Klemm are well aware of the T Brown situation and I am sure that Klemm is dealing with it. We can only sit back and watch. Let's hope it is not a bad as it presently appears.

Andrews, Onwenu, and Strange are starters. We drafted great backups and hopefully future starters for the IOL positions.

There are enough guys to patch things together at RT. LT is the major concern. Yes, I agree BB and Klemm are well aware of the T Brown situation and I am sure that Klemm is dealing with it. We can only sit back and watch. Let's hope it is not a bad as it presently appears.
Yes forgot about strange.. I just hope that the line doesn't turn out to be the reason we can't move the ball, sustain drives this season. Honestly it's my only concern. I'll say that on the defensive side I have some curiosity.. that is can we slow elite QBs..?? And WRs?we have no shortage of them this season.. Mahomes, hurts, Rodgers 2x, Allen 2xs.. I don't put Herbert in elite company he's a good QB not elite.

Can the defense slow those offenses this season... can we beat Buffalo? Can we win in Miami? Those are some curiosities I have for the season.

Here are some of your discussions from May and June.....

You are one miserable person. I feel really bad for anyone who has to spend time around you, because I’m sure no one does it willingly,

Every study of trolls concludes that they are mentally ill.

I think it’s true of every kind of forum, sports, politics, religious etc…. People who are miserable want to try and make others share that misery, and they get off by making people angry or upset

20 years of the miserable repeating themselves over and over and over and over and over and over………….and over and over and over and over and over …………..and over and over and over and over……….. Is more than enough.

It’s comical to watch those knocking this, they want so desperately for the Patriots to fail that adding a really good player would damage their hopes of failure. They really want the Patriots to lose, simply so they can claim they were right. Truly pathetic.

And the reason they take pleasure in it is because they are miserable. The studies that have researched have come to the same conclusions. Trolls are mentally I’ll people, and the highest correlation is to sadism.

Right on the money. And when they work out and become good to great players the same people who blasted them as bums, and wanted them cut, pretend they were “ with them all the way.” Most people on this site are able to be positive and critical, depending on the issue, but then, like every...who are always miserable and negative 99% of the time, with the exception coming when the team wins it all, and they pretend they were always with them. These people aren’t worth arguing with, because nothing will change their miserable outlook, which in most cases extends to life in general.

Coming from the most miserable person on this site I’ll take that as a compliment. Now, go scream at the kids walking by your lawn.

Actually, now that you mention it, that could explain your obsession with Belichick.

If they ever remake the movie Misery you would be perfect for the Kathy Bates role. Maybe they could even convince Belichick to play James Can’s part.

Oh brother, more misery. And my response to you merely reflects the way most here feel about the incessant negativity you and your fellow miserable bring to this forum. You are some honest broker of truth, you are a grievance seeking missile.

Sorry Ken, you know the rules. Giving players a chance is for pantywaists. Don’t succumb to the temptation Ken, don’t be a pantywaist.

I understand the responses completely. Then again, I used to run a daycare. When 2 and 3 year olds don’t get what they want it is very similar.

I have to laugh at those who consider a bad draft one where the Patriots didn’t pick the players they wanted them to pick. It’s completely idiotic. So I laugh. Ha.

Sports radio is like politics radio, both are geared completely towards negativity, and they attract the most miserable like flies to ****. At this point most media is simply clickbait, be as outrageous as possible to attract attention.

Ian needs to add a Loser choice, but I’ll give it to you anyways. Pathetic take.

I hope the *****es here have a good cry tonight.

I don’t think it’s a mystery Ken, he went to the Draft expecting to be a first round pick with a nice big signing bonus and contract, ended up not being taken in the first round, and was really pissed off about it. It’s hard to blame him for that. The stories about how miserable Brady’s Draft...

I have concluded that youre MISERABLE.

Yep, I have no tolerance for people like you bringing the most negative takes possible into as many threads as possible, and I say it when I see it. But what makes no sense at all to me is why people like you and your troll brethren follow a sports team you clearly hate so much? It doesn’t seem to matter what the topic at hand is, you always find the most negative aspect of it and cry about it. This was even true during their 20 year run as the greatest dynasty in NFL history, yet you were all were still just as miserable as you are now. It really begs the question of why you bother with them at all, when all you can do is find the negatives about them? So it’s no surprise that myself and many others here are sick to death of your whining and crying,

WR is not the problem.

Its the person throwing the ball.
You really have to let this go. Tom's retired, and the kid is what he is, and he's who we've got until something better comes along, or Zappe can start stringing enough good practices together to prove he's the better option. He hasn't come in guns blazing like everyone hoped he might, which, so far, hasn't made the QB spot much of a competition. Hopefully, that changes next month since competition makes everyone better.

I've said this repeatedly but elite QBs are few and far between. Unless one happens to fall into our laps, or they find another in an early-round stab at a guy they like (Mac's always going to be on the hotseat because Bill is going to keep drafting them), we've got to hope a new coordinator and a couple of pieces they've added will help push things forward.

Obviously, adding Hopkins to the mix would help, but as far as the QB, there just isn't a better viable option available - with the "available" being the key word there. So they'll have to hope he can be good enough - for now.

Tyquan Thornton needs to be able to run underneath routes, catch the ball, and withstand the punishment.

Right now he’s a one-trick pony, albeit as a very fast and explosive linear guy. Basically a 9 route runner.

But he’s the least scary 4.28 WR I can think of. Just put a physical corner on him and tell the FS to not let him get free deep.

Putting him in motion and in bunch formations will help him break free. But until the defense respects his quickness and toughness in the shorter to intermediate routes, he’ll never amount to much.

So while I like Parker, Schuster, and Bourne as complimentary NFL receivers, the lack of a bona fide #1 hurts the overall group. They need a speedy X guy who can draw attention away from these other guys.

That was the idea, I think, in drafting Thornton in the second round. They reached, though. There’s a lot of pressure on the kid. You can see why he was slated to be a third or fourth rounder.

I don’t think Thornton rises to the occasion, but he should certainly be more productive than last year.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back