PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Team Receivers - rankings - Patriots #31

Tackle, esp LT, actually.

LT and RT are a concern for me. McDermott does not make the cut IMO, and if he does then we have a problem. Fortunately OT is our last position with a large concern. IOL should be OK for years to come. Hopefully the Pats are right about Sow and he plugs the RT positional hole. This year we need T Brown at LT and hopefully next year we draft someone or sign someone in FA to replace T Brown.

#31 seems abit extreme. but orur receiver core is really just a bunch of #2's

its why getting Hopkins is so important. It really sets everyone up in their roles perfectly.

Even though I like Skyy Moore as a prospect the Chef’s WR unit is all projection and no production. Valdez-Scantling is their “#1” and then Toney, Moore, and Justin Watson? The only reason they aren’t rated among the worst is because Mahomes is great, so no one is even looking at how poor the unit is on their own.

Sack Jones threw an INT to Poyer when Agahlor was open.

Sack threw another at Miami last season when Parker was open. Had his guy beat.

It goes on and on and on.

Actually what goes on and on and on and on and on is you repeating the exact same things over and over and over and over…………

Even though I like Skyy Moore as a prospect the Chef’s WR unit is all projection and no production. Valdez-Scantling is their “#1” and then Toney, Moore, and Justin Watson? The only reason they aren’t rated among the worst is because Mahomes is great, so no one is even looking at how poor the unit is on their own.
I love Watson (Christian) but tend to agree after a shaky start from Moore. You have to add in Kelce even though his blocking has improved. He's a big slot. And Toney is a headcase/ache.

Its the Mahomes show though. Like you said a lot of projection.

Actually what goes on and on and on and on and on is you repeating the exact same things over and over and over and over…………
Like you Igor.

20 years of the same blather.

I love Watson (Christian) but tend to agree after a shaky start from Moore. You have to add in Kelce even though his blocking has improved. He's a big slot. And Toney is a headcase/ache.

Its the Mahomes show though. Like you said a lot of projection.

I think it shows how great Mahomes is, like Brady he can win Lombardi’s even when he loses great skill players.

Like you Igor.

20 years of the same blather.

I respond to the topic being discussed, you respond by trolling the forum by beating the same point to death a million times. Example, I’m no fan of Bill O’Brien, but I don’t go into thread after thread posting about “ Bill O’Brien suckssssssss……..” Whereas you hate Mac Jones, and go into thread after thread beating that to death. Now, realize that you are far too ignorant to understand that distinction, but that’s just the way it goes.

I think it shows how great Mahomes is, like Brady he can win Lombardi’s even when he loses great skill players.
There aren't many QB's that can elevate the talent around them. What he did last year was impressive after losing arguably WR1 in the entire league in Hill.

PFF joins the party. They rank them 29th in the NFL.

"We need to take into account Hunter Henry and Mike Gesicki, but overall, it’s just not a group that strikes much fear in the eyes of defensive coordinators."

You guys watched the games last year. How many times did analysts repeat that line during the broadcast? Many times.

Last edited:
A little harsh on the WR crew. Bottom line is it won’t matter who the WRs are because with this OL I’m more worried our QB is going to be on IR before week 3. Criminal to be going into the season with this OT situation.

There aren't many QB's that can elevate the talent around them. What he did last year was impressive after losing arguably WR1 in the entire league in Hill.

Not as much when one remembers the league greasing the skids for him.

Surely you can't be serious.
dont-call-me-shirley-shirley.gif

I respond to the topic being discussed, you respond by trolling the forum by beating the same point to death a million times. Example, I’m no fan of Bill O’Brien, but I don’t go into thread after thread posting about “ Bill O’Brien suckssssssss……..” Whereas you hate Mac Jones,
Here are some of your discussions from May and June.....

You are one miserable person. I feel really bad for anyone who has to spend time around you, because I’m sure no one does it willingly,

Every study of trolls concludes that they are mentally ill.

I think it’s true of every kind of forum, sports, politics, religious etc…. People who are miserable want to try and make others share that misery, and they get off by making people angry or upset

20 years of the miserable repeating themselves over and over and over and over and over and over………….and over and over and over and over and over …………..and over and over and over and over……….. Is more than enough.

It’s comical to watch those knocking this, they want so desperately for the Patriots to fail that adding a really good player would damage their hopes of failure. They really want the Patriots to lose, simply so they can claim they were right. Truly pathetic.

And the reason they take pleasure in it is because they are miserable. The studies that have researched have come to the same conclusions. Trolls are mentally I’ll people, and the highest correlation is to sadism.

Right on the money. And when they work out and become good to great players the same people who blasted them as bums, and wanted them cut, pretend they were “ with them all the way.” Most people on this site are able to be positive and critical, depending on the issue, but then, like every...who are always miserable and negative 99% of the time, with the exception coming when the team wins it all, and they pretend they were always with them. These people aren’t worth arguing with, because nothing will change their miserable outlook, which in most cases extends to life in general.

Coming from the most miserable person on this site I’ll take that as a compliment. Now, go scream at the kids walking by your lawn.

Actually, now that you mention it, that could explain your obsession with Belichick.

If they ever remake the movie Misery you would be perfect for the Kathy Bates role. Maybe they could even convince Belichick to play James Can’s part.

Oh brother, more misery. And my response to you merely reflects the way most here feel about the incessant negativity you and your fellow miserable bring to this forum. You are some honest broker of truth, you are a grievance seeking missile.

Sorry Ken, you know the rules. Giving players a chance is for pantywaists. Don’t succumb to the temptation Ken, don’t be a pantywaist.

I understand the responses completely. Then again, I used to run a daycare. When 2 and 3 year olds don’t get what they want it is very similar.

I have to laugh at those who consider a bad draft one where the Patriots didn’t pick the players they wanted them to pick. It’s completely idiotic. So I laugh. Ha.

Sports radio is like politics radio, both are geared completely towards negativity, and they attract the most miserable like flies to ****. At this point most media is simply clickbait, be as outrageous as possible to attract attention.

Ian needs to add a Loser choice, but I’ll give it to you anyways. Pathetic take.

I hope the *****es here have a good cry tonight.

I don’t think it’s a mystery Ken, he went to the Draft expecting to be a first round pick with a nice big signing bonus and contract, ended up not being taken in the first round, and was really pissed off about it. It’s hard to blame him for that. The stories about how miserable Brady’s Draft...
and go into thread after thread beating that to death. Now, realize that you are far too ignorant to understand that distinction, but that’s just the way it goes.

I have concluded that youre MISERABLE.

LT and RT are a concern for me. McDermott does not make the cut IMO, and if he does then we have a problem. Fortunately OT is our last position with a large concern. IOL should be OK for years to come. Hopefully the Pats are right about Sow and he plugs the RT positional hole. This year we need T Brown at LT and hopefully next year we draft someone or sign someone in FA to replace T Brown.
Absolutely positively!!!! OL is the biggest concern on this team.. not WR, not JJ situation, definitely not coaching.

It just appears that out most physically gifted and imposing OL Trent Brown just doesn't care. He got his 60 million in FA a few years ago and hasn't been the same player since. We know BB and klemm have to know that he isn't in shape.. I don't know where the O line reinforcements come from. We know that Andrews and ownenu are the starters beyond that who knows what the line will look like.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back