PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Team Receivers - rankings - Patriots #31

cupofjoe1962

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Bulletin board material. The staff knows how to make this motivational ammo - maybe it's the start of Phase 3 of the dynasty.

I'm not falling for the clickbait, but I assume #32 is Houston?

We they're saying the Patriots WRs are worse as a unit than Tennessee, Carolina, NY Giants, Arizona, Green Bay? That's a hell of a stretch.

I'm not falling for the clickbait, but I assume #32 is Houston?

We they're saying the Patriots WRs are worse as a unit than Tennessee, Carolina, NY Giants, Arizona, Green Bay? That's a hell of a stretch.
Carolina is ranked #32 and with Thielen, DJ Chark, we are lucky we are not #32

You sure you didn’t peek?

32 - Carolina
31 - Patriots
30 - Houston
29 - Tennessee
28 - NY Giants
27 - Packers

Hopkins was still on Arizona when the list was created, so we may have moved to #30.

Panthers could use Hopkins too, even as they're denying it...

I wonder if the Vagiants aren't secretly in on him too; that could make them serious WC contenders...

I also wonder what DHop really thinks of young Mr Love in GB...

WR is not the problem.

Its the person throwing the ball.

I think you over-rate the WRs but under-rate the QB... Though in both cases not by much probably.

Last edited:
Lists… for the small minded.

If healthy they have a good WR group, even without Hopkins… if Tyquan, and/or Douglass emerge they could be great, Marcus Jones is a weapon already.

The OLine has to block well, the QB’s have to play efficiently. They were the 6th highest scoring offense in 2021, coaching should help them return and improve upon that.

This would be taken more seriously if it was a reputable source.

Since they are grading as a group which includes TE's, they shouldn't be 31. Schuster, Bourne, Parker and Thornton are a lot better than other teams #2's and #3's. Henry and Gesicki are a very good tandem at TE.

There's a lot of if's here, but if Hopkins has anything left in the tank and signs with the Pats, their receiving group is looking fairly good for Mac Jones. Schuster, Bourne, Parker, and Thornton can be a very good supporting cast getting better matchups then they would get without a threat like Hopkins.

Some notable rankings: Seahawks, Vikings, Raiders and Ravens are too high. Bills are way too high. Steelers are too low.

Last edited:
Our cast of Wide outs who in big games cannot get open or make clutch catches..
Sack Jones threw an INT to Poyer when Agahlor was open.

Sack threw another at Miami last season when Parker was open. Had his guy beat.

It goes on and on and on.

They objectively have had one of the weaker WR rooms for the last 5 years. It's frustrating as hell to constantly see fans dismiss it and balk at making any big investments in that position. Granted it's mostly because they lack a true a number 1 and that could open up a lot of players, but it is a serious issue.

They are on the lower half without a true #1 guy for sure but 31 is too low ESPECIALLY if you’re including te’s. They are probably somewhere around 20- 25 depending on how you feel about other teams te’s and how much thatll weigh in.

bears at 12? Lmao

Olave and Wilson are borderline, what look like top 10 WR's. They're both getting help back. Those two corps could be higher by years end.

Ravens are depending on a lot of young players and a old Odell. It could work but they need a healthy corp and that's something that hadn't been the case w Bateman and Beckham.

Seattle could be legit top 5-10. Lockett, DK, JSN are all terrific complements to each other. Diss can ball. Seattle lowkey can draft WR with the best of them.

NEP would look A LOT like Oakland if we get Hop. JuJu > Kobi. Bourne > Renfrow. Adams > Hop but it's not a huge gap at all. Hopkins makes this corp A LOT better.

Sack Jones threw an INT to Poyer when Agahlor was open.

Sack threw another at Miami last season when Parker was open. Had his guy beat.

It goes on and on and on.
Eh...those are things he can work on to react faster. The Poyer throw was his rookie year. Parker was the first game of his 2nd season. But it's not like those guys were open all the time. Pats WR's have been graded out as being among the worst separating groups since 2019. Even Tom couldn't work with that by the end of the 2019 season.

As Jason McCourty said on their show "Good Morning Football", "Mac needs some guys to throw the ball to".
The OLine has to block well, the QB’s have to play efficiently.
The O-line is a big concern.

I think you over-rate the WRs but under-rate the QB... Though in both cases not by much probably.

And I think the OL and OC need some mentions. One should definitely be much improved, at least.

Eh...those are things he can work on to react faster. The Poyer throw was his rookie year. Parker was the first game of his 2nd season. But it's not like those guys were open all the time. Pats WR's have been graded out as being among the worst separating groups since 2019. Even Tom couldn't work with that by the end of the 2019 season.

As Jason McCourty said on their show "Good Morning Football", "Mac needs some guys to throw the ball to".

The QB makes the WR or TE.

Gronk would not have been Gronk without Brady.

1. You need to know where to throw the ball.
2. You need to have the arm to pull off the throw.
3. Defenses need to fear the QB.

No defense fears Macaroni. That's why BB inquired about Rodgers.

Assuming health I don't see the big concern.

We want some young guys to contribute, (Russey, Sow, Mafi, Jake Andrews) but beyond that the Patriots have never had a hard time converting college linemen to pros.

Last edited:

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back