PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TE Take Cole Kmet in the 1st round?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A veteran and Kmet would be a good package ?.......we can't be any worse

There are a decent amount of good pass catching TEs in the 2020 draft. Saw one mock with us taking Kmet at 23. Me personally, I rather take Albert Okwuebunam from Missouri. Kmet doesn't seem explosive to me. I think Albert O is way more physically talented.

That being said, I'd be thrilled if we take a PASS CATCHING TE before round 4. There are plenty that could make a difference in our offense. Colby Parkinson- Stanford, Hunter Bryant- Washington, he's only 6'2" though. Small school TE Adam Trautman from Dayton (EXTREMELY productive, watch him in the Senior Bowl). Matt Bushman- BYU, Jacob Breeland- Oregon, Brycen Hopkins- Purdue, just a bunch of pass catching TEs.

I'd be thrilled if they take one early (first 3 rounds), and I'd be REALLY psyched if they take 2 of them. This offense really was unstoppable when they play the 2 TE offense. Gronk & He who shall not be named, and Gronk & Bennett. Even though G&B was only for 8 games, they were unstoppable.

No, we need to sign or trade for a TE that has already proven himself. what we need is Receivers

Has BB ever drafted a player from Notre Dame?

Henry Ruggs is my dream 1st round pick, something we haven't had in a long time, deadly speed and can run routes.

WR is the biggest need and Alabama is supposed to have 2 of the best in the country.

Right now you have 34 year old Edelman, Harry and Sanu. WR with that 1st pick

WR is the biggest need and Alabama is supposed to have 2 of the best in the country.

Right now you have 34 year old Edelman, Harry and Sanu. WR with that 1st pick

How’d that work out last year? TE is the straight up the biggest need. Blocking and red zone. The two biggest issues this year.

He also played baseball at Notre Dame and could be an MLB prospect. Imagine if he was drafted by the Knew Kyork Kmets.

I know your playing on the spelling on Kmet, but you just had yourself a Krusty's Komedy Klassic moment.

How’d that work out last year? TE is the straight up the biggest need. Blocking and red zone. The two biggest issues this year.
Blocking TEs are a dime a dozen and the chance of finding another Gronk isnt good.

WR is the biggest need. The best and only true NE WR who is a threat is 34 years old.

No, we need to sign or trade for a TE that has already proven himself. what we need is Receivers
Based solely on NE history - especially in the last 20 years - doesn't it make more sense to draft a TE & acquire a WR via trade ?

Too bad they cant take a TE in the 2nd round.

We say this every year, I guess, but this year's WR talent in the first round is through the roof.

We say this every year, I guess, but this year's WR talent in the first round is through the roof.
2020/2021 are loaded but both look like top heavy classes. Not sure I'd want to wait around if I was in need.

In this loaded wr class a great prospect can falls to us and it would be crazy not to take it. TE might be a bigger need, but talent might not be there. Better take Bryant or that Iowa guy in the 3rd than kmet in the 1st for example.

And, other than Bavaro, they never live up to their promise in the NFL.

So we avoid ND TEs simply because of past history? Hey, Michigan QBs never did well in the NFL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes