PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TE Allen's deal reworked, lowered cap hit .. as expected

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Allen as a player for what he does. I just think he is being over paid here.

I would be happy if this turned out to be an 3 year deal worth 9 million with a few incentives thrown in so he could make more if he improves. That seems more than fair for both sides.

At 2 million less than what he was making he’s great value for his blocking alone.

An obvious move for the Pats. Allen was very much overpaid for what he brings to the table.

The NFL is funny.

“We don’t think you’re as good as your salary warrants. Please take less money or we’ll cut you”.

“OK”.

Headlines are all “Pats, Allen agree to paycut”. Yeah I’m sure Allen ‘agreed’ and thought it was totally reasonable.

I like Allen as a player for what he does. I just think he is being over paid here.

I would be happy if this turned out to be an 3 year deal worth 9 million with a few incentives thrown in so he could make more if he improves. That seems more than fair for both sides.

Agreed. If Allen makes around 3m this season, I will still consider it good value (in the month of August, of course). Anything below that is icing on the cake.
He's a $2M player, if that.

Eh, 2m—3m. It’s Bob Kraft’s money, so we don’t have to agree. I’ll meet you in the middle at 2.5. I think if we get a solid, experienced blocking TE at 2.5m, things are looking good.

If he can catch a few passes the daily trifecta...

People here told me he was worth 5 mill lol. Won’t complain about not cutting him for Dola if it’s a reasonable number. I do want him here.

The NFL is funny.

“We don’t think you’re as good as your salary warrants. Please take less money or we’ll cut you”.

“OK”.

Headlines are all “Pats, Allen agree to paycut”. Yeah I’m sure Allen ‘agreed’ and thought it was totally reasonable.
FO: Allen do you want 3 mil instead of 5 mil?
Allen: No
FO: Do you want 3 mil instead of no mil?
Allen: I agree.

We’ve had this discussion a lot last year about him. Good player but cost too much for just a blocking tight end.

If Jason McCourty gets cut along with Allen’s reworked deal we are looking at about $15 million in cap space. Plenty for a WR trade & reserves for the year/incentives.

That's not quite true Sir. They can cut JM and save 3M + they can restructure Allen. But according to overthecap the maximum is $3,710,000, so $6,710,000. And our cap would be $14,394,086

That's not quite true Sir. They can cut JM and save 3M + they can restructure Allen. But according to overthecap the maximum is $3,710,000, so $6,710,000. And our cap would be $14,394,086
Can they restructure Jason Mc? Has it been more than a year since his last contract action?

Can they restructure Jason Mc? Has it been more than a year since his last contract action?
Is JMac in the mix to make this roster? Did he play last night?

He played. Hes in the mix I guess.

Playing the last pre-season game usually means that you are NOT in the mix. The only player on the 53 who played defense in last year's final game was Grissom.

Playing the last pre-season game usually means that you are NOT in the mix. The only player on the 53 who played defense in last year's final game was Grissom.
Traditionally but Rivers played b/c they wanted the kid to get more snaps.

I'm hoping with JMc they wanted him to get more snaps at FS to either evaluate him more or get him reps b/c that will be his role in2018.

...or he'll just get wacked.

Looks to me like JMac is S4 and CB depth if (when ?) Rowe suffers his annual injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News