PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TE Allen's deal reworked, lowered cap hit .. as expected

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Just a blocking tight end?” It’s a pretty important job in a football offense.

Yeah it’s very important. The issue was being paid to doing more than block. That’s why they restructured because they can get a good blocking tight end for a lot less than they were paying him.

Yeah it’s very important. The issue was being paid to doing more than block. That’s why they restructured because they can get a good blocking tight end for a lot less than they were paying him.

I get that, but he’s exceptional as a blocking TE. It seemed to me like you were belittling that fact.

I get that, but he’s exceptional as a blocking TE. It seemed to me like you were belittling that fact.

He’s a good blocking tight end. No one here has had any issue with that. He was being paid to be a receiving threat too. No belittling, just facts, and that’s why they restructured. This just brought back memories of the many threads about this topic.

He’s a good blocking tight end. No one here has had any issue with that. He was being paid to be a receiving threat too. No belittling, just facts, and that’s why they restructured. This just brought back memories of the many threads about this topic.

The many threads that showed how a substantial segment of people have no ****ing clue what a TE is supposed to do.

But then again its the same segment of people that want to cut one of the best kickers of all time whenever he dares to miss a FG.

The many threads that showed how a substantial segment of people have no ****ing clue what a TE is supposed to do.

But then again its the same segment of people that want to cut one of the best kickers of all time whenever he dares to miss a FG.

Don’t know why there is even an argument now since his contract was restructured to reflect what he brings to the team. Which is a good blocking TE that can occasionally be used in the catching game. This restructure says it all.

If Hollister and Gronk clicks I think we will only want to see Allen on a situational basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back