PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TB12 Taking a Shot At Goody

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertWeathers

Member of the Seattle 7 & Roadie for Metallica
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I noticed that too. That's probably the strongest language Brady has used about anything remotely controversial (including his own situation) in more than a year. Most of the time he just defers the question and says he doesn't want to talk about it. Here he is saying, with subtle language, that he thinks it's f'd up and that the NFL totally bombed on it. You have to read between the lines, but I've heard him interviewed often enough that it's clear when there's something more behind what he's saying.

I actually thought Brady could've been a little more forceful in his words about domestic violence. But I understand his reluctance to comment. He's been through a lot already with the media hanging on his every word.

But they DO take tough stances, when they manufacture scandals and steal draft picks because one of their teams wins too much.

Plus when a big mouth like DeAngelo Williams -who actually wants to do something heartfelt and honor his mother who died from breast cancer wear something pink, the Nazi Football League doesn't allow it.

Asinine.

Last edited:
I actually thought Brady could've been a little more forceful in his words about domestic violence. But I understand his reluctance to comment. He's been through a lot already with the media hanging on his every word.

He has been through alot.. like going to 6 super bowls and 10 AFC title games.. and married to a rich and beautiful woman, is already known as if not the greatest QB of all time, he is one of them. I wish I could go through alot.. Not to mention he is Rich, Good looking, and at least somewhat intelligent... damn man it really must be tough

And of course some idiot lady takes his words and spins them.....Screen-Shot-2016-10-24-at-5.01.42-PM-1024x976.png
They are using the quote "stay in my lane" to say he was soft on the topic....HE SPOKE FOR 5 DAMN MINUTES NONSTOP ON IT. ****ty journalism at it again.

He has been through alot.. like going to 6 super bowls and 10 AFC title games.. and married to a rich and beautiful woman, is already known as if not the greatest QB of all time, he is one of them. I wish I could go through alot.. Not to mention he is Rich, Good looking, and at least somewhat intelligent... damn man it really must be tough

hahaha, good point.

But that's not what I meant. Media hasn't done him justice....I can't blame him for not making stronger comments.

I'm hoping Brady didn't comment on the disparity of HIS suspension with the one Brown got, because he doesn't want any public comments out there UNTIL he files his defamation suit down the line.
why not until then?

why not until then?
I think we will have to wait until the off season at the earliest and more likely when Tommy retires. You see, while Tom has a LOT going for him in this suit, there is going to be a cost, and its not going to lawyer fees. The cost would be to his privacy.

Remember who he is dealing with here. He would be taking on a multi billion dollar entity that is corrupt and self serving, and it DOES have very deep pockets. It doesn't matter if Tom is right here. There is a risk to his privacy, because just like Tom will want to claim discovery about all the communications that went on, and those "leaks" that occurred, the NFL will want the same and more. They certainly aren't above "creating evidence" and then they have the media resources to spin the message in any way they choose.

So doing a suit now could be a huge distraction while he is still playing. My biggest worry is that by the time he retires, he might not care enough to risk the disruption in his life for his wife and children to get his (and our) pound of flesh.

Although, it would be nice to sue the NFL, I think of this now as more than a PR problem than a legal problem. If he could get some respected, but open minded reporter (someone like Peter King) to talk to Brady, Jastremski, McNally, Goodell, Vincent and write a book on the subject -- and do it honestly -- he could shift public opinion.

If we could get where the public perception becomes that Brady was railroaded by a corrupt and power hungry commissioner -- and force the NFL to force him out, Brady wins.

And of course some idiot lady takes his words and spins them.....View attachment 14608
They are using the quote "stay in my lane" to say he was soft on the topic....HE SPOKE FOR 5 DAMN MINUTES NONSTOP ON IT. ****ty journalism at it again.
Yea, like all the other pawns, I mean players, who spoke up for him:oops:. Nobody supported TB. They all "stayed in their lanes" or attacked him. F' the league, F' the players, especially F' the media. It's baby steps. You slowly see the players, fans and even the media, to some extent, getting fed up with the leagues arrogance. Long live Mark Cuban... I mean seriously, who gives a flying FvK what anyone thinks about the Pats anymore? Just win

I think we will have to wait until the off season at the earliest and more likely when Tommy retires.

Statute of limitations is 3 years, IIRC, so unless you think Brady's retiring in 2018, no lawsuit is coming.

Statute of limitations is 3 years, IIRC, so unless you think Brady's retiring in 2018, no lawsuit is coming.

Even better, I would love to see Brady suing Goodell and the NFL while he's still playing. The lawyers willl do 99% of the work anyway.

Unless he sues Goody in Maine (Goody has a house there) and the statute of limitations in Maine is 6 years not 3.

he seems to open up a little more during those interviews with WEEI

Unless he sues Goody in Maine (Goody has a house there) and the statute of limitations in Maine is 6 years not 3.

No, I think you're getting it confused with the age of consent in Maine, which is 6. No, wait... maybe that's West Virginia...

As much as many of us would love to see a defamation suit from Brady against the cronies, I doubt Tom would do it. He says he's moved on (in that "Zen" way of his). I believe him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes