PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tampa Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now weather is on the unpredictable side. There's a conditional tropical moisture maker south of Cuba that could push rain bands into the area at any time starting Thursday. Current forecast is less than 40% chance rain at game time, however, keep an eye on changes. How the tropical moisture (for a lack of a better term) gets thrown toward here is a ???.
For any Patriot fan coming in for the game -- you won't feel a chill :). But one thing to watch for the Patriots: game time temp will be around 80, likely on the semi humid side, possibly on the very humid side. With the Northeast having pleasant dry days with cool nights, October Florida weather will not be what the Patriots are acclimated to (it isn't Summer humid brutal here but that tropical mixer in the south can send warm humid (and rain -- even heavy rain) air into a gulf coast area in less than 10 hours),

Definitely their best defensive performance this year, although they still allowed 8 plays of 20+ yards through the air.

I agree with what you're saying about Winston, and would like to see more pressure. They're getting picked apart back there.

We may get more pressure this week, if they're not overly concerned about Winston running.

Actually, he is everything to this team. If he is not "on" 110% this team will get blown out.

But right now he’s IS playing 110% and so what his record is on Thursday nights is the least of our worries. That was my point.

But right now he’s IS playing 110% and so what his record is on Thursday nights is the least of our worries. That was my point.

Looking at the past 5 years, Brady has not really played great on Thursday night games (except for 2015). Game is going to be a dog fight.

Looking at the past 5 years, Brady has not really played great on Thursday night games (except for 2015). Game is going to be a dog fight.
Brady has also never won in Tampa. Concerning to say the least...

As per Mike Reiss here is Pat's update for Thurs Nite:

RB Rex Burkhead (ribs) and CB Eric Rowe (groin) have officially been ruled out by the Patriots for Thursday's game vs. the Buccaneers in Tampa. Meanwhile, CB Stephon Gilmore (ankle) and TE Rob Gronkowski (thigh) are among seven questionable.

Buccaneers have 1 sack on 127 dropbacks by opposing qbs. that includes getting to play the giants and vikings

if our line can't protect Brady against them...

Buccaneers have 1 sack on 127 dropbacks by opposing qbs. that includes getting to play the giants and vikings

if our line can't protect Brady against them...

Tampa’s D is not great statistically but they have an active front 7. Noah Spence is an underrated player that could give Marcus Cannon some trouble.

How has Brady played on Thursday nights?

9-1. The 1 loss being the season opener.

2,872 yards
24 TD
2 INT
62.2%
109.9 QB Rating

If you take out this season's game

2,605 yards
24 TD
2 INT
72.6%
126.0 QB Rating

Last edited:
Case Keenum turned this team into dogmeat. Thursday night games are Thursday night games, but this is hardly the 85 Bears.

I'm definitely anxious about this game. On a short week it is hard to trust that they have stabilized the situation on defense. I expect the defense to struggle once again against a highly ranked Bucs offense. Hopefully not to the extent that they did with Carolina.

A big time game from the offense is going to be necessary. We have the advantage here, just like the Bucs have against us on defense.

Gotta believe that Brady coming off a loss will be firing on all cylinders. I think we need to score at least 35. Hopefully the defense doesn't keep Brady off the field for long stretches.

9-1. The 1 loss being the season opener.

2,872 yards
24 TD
2 INT
62.2%
109.9 QB Rating

If you take out this season's game

2,605 yards
24 TD
2 INT
72.6%
126.0 QB Rating

Thanks. For some reason, I was thinking back to those Thursday night Jets games where the Pats struggled. Good to know, we will most likely get the same GOAT. This defense should feel embarrassed. Actually, the Carolina D is very good and see what Brady did makes it even more impressive. If this D can even get a little bit better - this team will be unstoppable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back