PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tampa Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Good news it that their defense is nearly as bad as NE’s, being ranked 30th and giving up 400 yards per game. There are definitely holes that can be exploited. The 0-4 Giants were able to move the ball on them.

Bad news is that offensively they are ranked 9th, much higher than Carolina’s. They will be tough to handle with good players like Evans, Brate, Howard and Jackson. Doug Martin returns from suspension today.

I think this can definitely be a bounce back game.

Edit: I forgot they had TJ Ward. Gronk is going to have to look out.

Last edited:
If we put up 50 we might have a chance.
Brady going to throw for 5500 yards and 50 TDs just because he is going to need to this season.

In reality, I think that the Pats will get the Defense to the middle of hte pack by the end of the year. But it will require a masterful piece of work to get them there this time.

Brady going to throw for 5500 yards and 50 TDs just because he is going to need to this season.

In reality, I think that the Pats will get the Defense to the middle of hte pack by the end of the year. But it will require a masterful piece of work to get them there this time.

It would be a heck of an accomplishment. This defense can't stop a nosebleed right now.

Points won't be a problem this season even against good defenses. Pats offense wasn't even near its best yesterday and still hung 30 on a good defense and likely would have had more and won the game if 1 of these things goes their way-

phantom OPI on Amendola

Allen not securing the ball

Brady 2 misses to Cooks

Amendola OPI play was 3rd and 5. Brady connects with Gronk for 14 and puts Pats at the CAR 45. Flag puts the ball at the NE 31 and 3rd and 15. Likely at least 3 points off the board there.

Dwayne Allen drop. I think it would have had the Pats inside the CAR 20. Instead its 3rd and 4 and Pats get stopped. At least 3 off the board there

First miss to Cook was a walk in TD. Got a FG out of it, but 4 points off the board

Cooks overthrow was on 3rd and 10. Had that connected Pats are inside the CAR 15 at least another 3 points off the board

And none of those plays were "well Carolina just played it well".

I mean had Amendola fell down before even reaching the Carolina player Gronk still catches that ball.

There wasn't a Carolina player around Allen

Cooks on both plays was open

Case Keenum put up nearly 400 on that defense. Not saying Brady will because obviously anything can happen but I mean Case Keenum

Will 40 be enough?

Tough getting this game now on a Thursday, especially being a road team when you have a bit of a hike to go play this one.

Good news it that their defense is nearly as bad as NE’s, being ranked 30th and giving up 400 yards per game. There are definitely holes that can be exploited. The 0-4 Giants were able to move the ball on them.

Bad news is that offensively they are ranked 9th, much higher than Carolina’s. They will be tough to handle with good players like Evans, Brate, Howard and Jackson. Doug Martin returns from suspension today.

I think this can definitely be a bounce back game.

Edit: I forgot they had TJ Ward. Gronk is going to have to look out.
I'm in favor of resting Cooks Gronk and Brady this game.
TJ Ward is the player you love having on your team but hatee seeing him go after your guys.

Bill should just find the biggest guys he can and have them lock arms about 20 yards deep.

The red rover defense couldn't be worse than what he's putting on the field

I'm in favor of resting Cooks Gronk and Brady this game.
TJ Ward is the player you love having on your team but hatee seeing him go after your guys.

So rest the 3 best players on offense and concede a loss to go to 2-3? F*king why?

All because Ward? Guy is injured and might not even play on Thursday.

Bad news is that offensively they are ranked 9th, much higher than Carolina’s

New Orleans is ranked 8th and this Pats defense went into the Superdome and held them to 13 points + 7 garbage time points.

I am betting the over..no matter what it is...this will be a shootout. They have very good WRs...WRs we can't match up with..so we need some good schemes going into this one.

Players need to have that short memory and move on to TB..I don't want to see the O at least come out flat..we know the D does every game but I like what I see from the O.
Gronk has been killing it while being held every play...Mike G is so close to breaking one to the house...he ran well yesterday

They have very good WRs...WRs we can't match up with

Butler matched up Jackson pretty well the last time the two faced each other.

3 rec on 6 targets
15 yards

Butler matched up Jackson pretty well the last time the two faced each other.

3 rec on 6 targets
15 yards

But that's when the D was actually communicating with each other..with this D..not sure he ends the night with that

The D will be tested in Florida. Its either sink or swim

If that D or what D :rolleyes:can make the 31st Ranked Offense look like the 3 Offense.:confused: I would hate to imagine what they would make the #9 Ranked Offense look like on a short week, color me not optimistic. The timing of this Game is worse thing for this D at the moment the Problems on Defense won't be fixed on Thursday Night. Thank our lucky stars we play in the AFC Least...this D or what D needs a breather.

Is TE Alan Cross any good? never mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft