PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Survey: how much should Brady be paid for him to stay next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for 6 championships, Tom. If you don't want 18 then get out. Sounds about right. Give me a break. You guys are lost. Nobody makes 18. If you guys really think Tom sucks that much you should be asking him to retire not to stay and take 18. Again, look at the schedule. We will not make the playoffs with Stidham next year and you can not bring anyone else in for 18mil a year. No one that is an upgrade.

maybe not 18M, but he’s not getting a raise

Brady has been taking under market deals for years and yes it has helped the team obviously. But after this season and belichick's failure to put any resemblance of weapons around him why would Brady not look for more money? I mean what has Brady's contract done to help the teams offense this year?

The way I look at it Brady has one last chance at a pay day because he only has one or two years left. Why would he not go for more money after being underpaid forever?

But I don't think it really matters at this point because Brady may very well play his last game in a Patriots uniform for Saturday night.

Brady, along with Giselle, has more money than some nations. They've got a combined net worth of something close to $600 million. Again, when has Tom Brady EVER had money as his primary motivation for contracts? The answer is: never ever. I see no reason why now, when he's focused 100% on winning a 7th SB title, he'd suddenly be after a ton of money. It's never ever been his M.O.

considering this year's performance, it seems 35million is too high for Belichick, 5million is too low for Brady.
in your opinion, at what middle-ground value, can Belichick and Brady both make a compromise to allow Brady to stay next year?
I am thinking 18 millions, which is 1 million per game for 16 regular season games and 2 possible playoff games.
what the number in your mind?
10 M

15 mill and a promise to pull of vast upgrades in various areas

Here is your original post.

Tom has said winning is the most important thing to him. That is a fact.

BB has done exactly that in building the roster and winning Super Bowls

You imply Tom expects BB to get him get weapons on O. Why on Earth would BB agree to that when he's focused on building a complete team he can win with. After all, that is what Tom wants.

That says nothing about stats. Where are you getting this stuff about stats? My original post said nothing about it.

All year long we've been complaining about the offense. You think Brady doesn't know very well the team is weak because of the lack of offensive personnel? The team building this year was really bad. In two distinct areas. Pass catchers and offensive line depth. Really, look at the OL. We only had Karras back there. The receivers we went into the season with were cut-rate guys and it's no surprise they didn't do much in New England, nor anywhere in the NFL after they were cut. This is what Brady wants. And he's absolutely right to want it, because the weakness he sees around him has hurt the team badly.

Survey: how much should Brady be paid for him to stay next year?

Whatever it takes

That says nothing about stats. Where are you getting this stuff about stats? My original post said nothing about it.

All year long we've been complaining about the offense. You think Brady doesn't know very well the team is weak because of the lack of offensive personnel? The team building this year was really bad. In two distinct areas. Pass catchers and offensive line depth. Really, look at the OL. We only had Karras back there. The receivers we went into the season with were cut-rate guys and it's no surprise they didn't do much in New England, nor anywhere in the NFL after they were cut. This is what Brady wants. And he's absolutely right to want it, because the weakness he sees around him has hurt the team badly.
Poor teambuilding is your argument? I don't think you understand how BB builds teams at all.

Its never a finished product. It's a continuous process. Not every move works out perfectly. Never have. Never will.

If Andrews and Wynn were healthy the entire year, do you think the line would have been good all 16 games? Fact is they did have injuries and the replacements were injured. Karras did fine.

When Wynn returned the line gave Tom all the time in the world and the rushing attack ran for 135ypg.

Harry was a #1 pick

Sony was a #1 pick whom the road to a SB

They signed AB. He blew it.

Teambuilding? They had the #1 D in the NFL.

They finished 12-4. Could have been 13-3 or even 14-2.

Quite frankly, you come off as entitled and nit-picky.

You guys keep saying that he'll return next year to chase after a 7th ring. What if he already has it?

Would be nice but no way Brady is taking 18 million.

The number the comes to mind is between 25-30 million which will leave this team with no way to upgrade the TE or WR positions.
If he won’t take eighteen (or whatever BB offers) he has two choices: retire, or find another team that will pay him an amount he finds acceptable.

If he chooses the latter I wish him well at finding a team that is not a dumpster fire that is willing to throw lots of money at a declining 43 year old QB.

I do hope that the Pats take a negotiating approach of saying “Tom, we want you back(*) at a reasonable price. We understand you may have a different idea of reasonable price than we do so we don’t want to insult you with a lowball offer. Have your agent solicit offers from other teams, and bring us any offer sheet you’re considering so we have a chance to match it.”
(*) assuming they do in fact want him back and haven’t decided it’s time to move on.

If they do sign him, I’d think a one year contract with a second year option makes the most sense. Could do a two or three year deal if structure so early termination doesn’t screw the cap badly.

Poor teambuilding is your argument? I don't think you understand how BB builds teams at all.

Its never a finished product. It's a continuous process. Not every move works out perfectly. Never have. Never will.

If Andrews and Wynn were healthy the entire year, do you think the line would have been good all 16 games? Fact is they did have injuries and the replacements were injured. Karras did fine.

When Wynn returned the line gave Tom all the time in the world and the rushing attack ran for 135ypg.

Harry was a #1 pick

Sony was a #1 pick whom the road to a SB

They signed AB. He blew it.

Teambuilding? They had the #1 D in the NFL.

They finished 12-4. Could have been 13-3 or even 14-2.

Quite frankly, you come off as entitled and nit-picky.

This is the modern-day NFL.

Going into a season without adequate backups on the OL and no one of consequence at WR other than Edelman is poor team-building.

This is a fantastic defense. But you need a good offense. You can't contain Baltimore and KC totally and then not be able to put up 27 against them. Which is how you win.

All season long we've seen a poor offense.

Let me say this again: Marshall Newhouse was eating Doritos on a couch before he found himself protecting Brady's blind side.

That is poor team building anyway you cut it.

& to top it off, while Newhouse was providing no resistance to rushers, giving Brady a second or two at best, the WRs couldn't get open, because they were substandard other than Edelman.

This is just poor.

If I were Brady, I'd be pissed at the lack of investment and poor planning after giving up so much in salary.

In all seriousness, what choice do they have? Brady on a 2-year contract at a fair market price is a win-win. Brady has definitely dropped off from where he was, but is it worth brining in a second-tier traveling QB like Fitzpatrick because QBs like that aren't cheap either. Do you have faith in Stidham to take the reins after one year of tutelage under Brady? It's a tough call, but if they can find a middle ground I believe keeping Brady for at least 1 more season is their best option.
Choice they have is a year too early or a year too late.

Brady on a 2 year deal that is FMV for this year won’t be a win for the team if his performance continues to decline.

Here’s a question to answer: would fair market value for his 2018 performance look like a good deal for what he has delivered so far in 2019? Factor in things like his pick-six last Sunday, the inconsistent accuracy, completion percentage, temper tantrums and sulking etc. Factor out O line instability, WR corps quality etc. and any/all other mitigating factors. Would Brady’s 2019 QB performance (in other words, how well he did his job as QB) be a good value if he were being paid based on his 2018 season?

For the record, my answer in no, not a good value on that proposition,

Let's not forget Belichick has loaded up the defensive side of the ball quite nicely for Brady as well.

Brady has been taking under market deals for years and yes it has helped the team obviously. But after this season and belichick's failure to put any resemblance of weapons around him why would Brady not look for more money? I mean what has Brady's contract done to help the teams offense this year?

The way I look at it Brady has one last chance at a pay day because he only has one or two years left. Why would he not go for more money after being underpaid forever?

But I don't think it really matters at this point because Brady may very well play his last game in a Patriots uniform for Saturday night.
With all due respect the way you look at it does not matter. What matters is the way Brady looks at it.

Do you really think Brady cares about bank? Not rings?

How many players are in Canton for the size of their paycheck?

Choice they have is a year too early or a year too late.

Brady on a 2 year deal that is FMV for this year won’t be a win for the team if his performance continues to decline.

Here’s a question to answer: would fair market value for his 2018 performance look like a good deal for what he has delivered so far in 2019? Factor in things like his pick-six last Sunday, the inconsistent accuracy, completion percentage, temper tantrums and sulking etc. Factor out O line instability, WR corps quality etc. and any/all other mitigating factors. Would Brady’s 2019 QB performance (in other words, how well he did his job as QB) be a good value if he were being paid based on his 2018 season?

For the record, my answer in no, not a good value on that proposition,
You want to compare Tom Brady's QB measureables like completion % and TDs while factoring in things like "temper tantrums and sulking", but factor out O-line stability, injuries and other "mitigating factors"? :confused::confused:

If he won’t take eighteen (or whatever BB offers) he has two choices: retire, or find another team that will pay him an amount he finds acceptable.

If he chooses the latter I wish him well at finding a team that is not a dumpster fire that is willing to throw lots of money at a declining 43 year old QB.

I do hope that the Pats take a negotiating approach of saying “Tom, we want you back(*) at a reasonable price. We understand you may have a different idea of reasonable price than we do so we don’t want to insult you with a lowball offer. Have your agent solicit offers from other teams, and bring us any offer sheet you’re considering so we have a chance to match it.”
(*) assuming they do in fact want him back and haven’t decided it’s time to move on.

If they do sign him, I’d think a one year contract with a second year option makes the most sense. Could do a two or three year deal if structure so early termination doesn’t screw the cap badly.

Ya, I can just imagine that meeting.

Kraft - Hey Tom, thanks for making my team the 2nd most valuable franchise in the league and improving my net worth by billions but I think the best move for us is to make you one of the lowest paid starters in the league at $18m

Belichick - Ya Tom, sorry about giving you nothing other then Edelman to throw to and those injuries you took because I had Newhouse protecting your blind side....ha, well, couldn’t see that coming...but, well...we think being the lowest paid at your position is the way to go. $18m take it or leave it. Oh, and by the way, thanks for helping make me the highest paid coach in football.

Tom - down year Bill. You gonna take a cut in pay also?

Bill - this is about you Tom, not me

Tom - ok, I’m off to the Chargers for $30m a year. Great RBs, great WRs, great TE, and I think I’ll take Josh McDaniels with me. Have fun rolling with Stidham against that schedule next year.

$0. Time to move on.

And god knows, he'd better get that payday before he quits. Otherwise, what will he and his wife do, forced to live on their ~750 million!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots