SOURCE:theday.com

SOURCE:Boston.com

SOURCE:NESN

SOURCE:ESPN Boston

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Survey: how much should Brady be paid for him to stay next year?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by cusan, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Boomer B

Boomer B Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2,988
    There’s no way Brady takes a bottom tier salary like $18m, nor should he.

And what’s the alternative? With that schedule the likelihood of us making the playoffs with Stidham and subpar offensive talent around him isn’t favourable. Start the rebuild if Brady isn’t here next year. If you want one more run you sign Brady, if he’s interested in coming back here. Simple as that.

2. robertweathers

robertweathers PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +81,048
    Pats havent finished lower than 10th in points per game since 2003 and this year are 7th which is the first time out of the top 4 since 2009.

I really don't understand your issue. You act like the offense has sucked and Brady has been neglected. He hasn't. Not even close for a long time. What more do you want? They've won 6 freaking SBs and played in 9 in the last 19 years. That's almost 1/2 of ALL SBs. They've won them with O and D. Do you care how they win them only if Tom has his stats?

• Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  3. Zuma

Zuma PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5,721
    ZERO Super Bowls since 2019...tired of this crap! Don't pay him nothin!

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. stcjones

stcjones Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +3,062
    GOAT by far of course.....GREATEST Patriot Team player of ALL TIME ....and always put the team first financially...Hopefully Krafty Bob rewards him after the fact with some paid consultant position that he doesn’t even have to show up for....But getting back to topic...I don’t think they will offer enough money to bring Brady back and secondly I think this year has shown that Tom doesn’t really want to work with younger, new draftees anymore. He just doesn’t have the patience he used to and isn’t going to be spending the extra time with them to get things coordinated better for season....and also is starting to demonstrate a drop off in skills because like all of us....he’s getting older....

I will forever love Brady for everything he has done for NE ....he is a legend and the primary reason for their winning 6 SB.....but his big time payday will NOT happen here....he will have to decide if he wants to take a bunch of cash to play 1-2 years for another team....or retire.....A good part of me wishes he retired after SB 6 last year.....God Bless Tom fcking Brady....THE GREATEST QB OF ALL TIME!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. upstater1

upstater1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +5,511
    This is absurd.

You're accusing me of saying this is all about stats when we've spent an entire year complaining about the offense.

I don't even know where your stats argument comes from.

You've said it twice and it's absurd.

6. skinnydog

skinnydog Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,107
    A big yes. Brady will want a legit top 10 QB deal (and so does the NFLPA), but what he really wants is a quality o-line and some quality skill position players. A Golden Tate type of receiver or the TE that went to the Saints in free agency. The happiest he was all season was when they signed AB.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. robertweathers

Ratings:
    +81,048
    Here is your original post.

Tom has said winning is the most important thing to him. That is a fact.

BB has done exactly that in building the roster and winning Super Bowls

You imply Tom expects BB to get him get weapons on O. Why on Earth would BB agree to that when he's focused on building a complete team he can win with. After all, that is what Tom wants.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  8. cmasspatsfan

cmasspatsfan Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +3,985
    I don't think TB is going to hold the team hostage for every last dollar, its a matter of what BB wants to pay and if TB is willing to accept it, I'm going to say 20mill gets its done.

• Like Like x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1
  9. Foxypats

Foxypats Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +5,212
    We would need to pay him at a minimum 25 m, anything less will be a huge insult to him and it will be a very poor look for the organisation. The guy can still play, maybe he is not elite anymore but with a few more pieces on the O , we will always reach the playoff with him. We have no one at this moment that is better than him. If the Pats don't mind a couple of sub par years, then by all means let him go and start Stidham. otherwise we need him back at a fair market value.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. lancerman

lancerman Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2,289
    This forum can be insane sometimes.

Reality.

1. Brady isn’t taking 18 million. That’s an insult

2. There’s likely no free agent coming up that will be an improvement to Brady

3. Even if there was a free agent out there, he’s costing more that 18 million and will be well above any team friendly contract. At that point, Brady is the most likely value deal

4. This team is going nowhere with Stidham. If you are considering him, you might as well just admit a total rebuild (team is 12-4 and just made the playoffs so that’s absurd) and then just give Brady a Kobe deal to retire while you work on rebuilding.

5. Unless you outright think this team has no shot next year, Brady is likely the best deal and it would be foolish to take a hardline stance to lowball him.

6. The most realistic option is draft a QB. Which would have no effect on any ability to keep Brady

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Hyped

Hyped PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,339
    2 year, 70M deal with a 30M signing bonus and salaries of 15 and 25....and a cap hit of 30 & 40 the next two years....at worst...we spend 30 then a dead money hit of 15 in year two should we cut Brady or he retires.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Confused Confused x 1
  12. patsbrasilpatriotas

patsbrasilpatriotas Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,226
    1) Brady has already 13 in gtd money left. 6.5M each season. So if they give him this contract. 15M each year SB + 15M + 25M Base salary his cap = 36.5M / 46.5M (21.5M in dead money) so basically more than Patrick Mahomes will get per year ...

2) I would not touch Brady for 35M per. I love him and i think the decline is not all his fault but for 35M they will have a JV team to field with him and if the decline is real ( i got see how he will do with his C/WR2 and TE) than this will kills them for at least 2 years.

My offer (i am nothing i just like cap stuff) would be:

45M SB (he would get 45M in his pocket right away) for 5 years. Base salary of 2 /3 full gtd, and 2/2/2 not gtd.

So basically a 2 year 50M (25M per all gtd) + 13M that they already own him so:

9M +6.5M + 2M/3M = 17.5M / 18.5m and 27M in dead money (we would need to rebuild probably anyway or get luck with a rookie QB and that dead would be no problem).

That would leave a lot of money to adress the key FA IMO: Thuney, KVN and DMac.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. robertweathers

Ratings:
    +81,048
    Good thoughts but there is no realistic scenario which has the NEP accounting for $27m in dead money if he is not on the team.

As you say there is already $13.5m in dead money next year. That is not owed to him.

They are going to want to keep total cap liability for Tom in 2020 around 12-13% of total cap.

I think they'll offer him ~$20m in new money w ~$10m counting in 2020 and push ~$10m in dead money for 2021.

Regardless what you believe his "down" season to be attributed to, it was a down year nonetheless. He's not seeing $25-$35m in 2020 here. Won't happen

I would be shocked if they offer him a "3 year deal" in which there is substantial dead money in 2021

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. DaBronxPats14

DaBronxPats14 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,305
    At one point, so did I.

EEhe8KPXsAEgYOl.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Sad Sad x 1
  15. fair catch fryar

fair catch fryar In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2,551
    In all seriousness, what choice do they have? Brady on a 2-year contract at a fair market price is a win-win. Brady has definitely dropped off from where he was, but is it worth brining in a second-tier traveling QB like Fitzpatrick because QBs like that aren't cheap either. Do you have faith in Stidham to take the reins after one year of tutelage under Brady? It's a tough call, but if they can find a middle ground I believe keeping Brady for at least 1 more season is their best option.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. ivanvamp

ivanvamp In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,825
    Why on earth would you say that? When has Tom Brady EVER demanded a ton of money? Like, never. Not one time has he done that. If Brady is going to return, it's not for the money. It's for another chance to win a 7th SB championship. Of course he wants to get paid beyond peanuts (NFL peanuts is different than normal human peanuts), but he's smart - he knows that if he demands 30 million, the Pats won't have the resources to upgrade the roster and so it will be a likely futile attempt at a 7th title.

There's no evidence - and there never has been - that Brady will demand big dollars. None.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. ensoul

ensoul In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1,256
    Brady has been taking under market deals for years and yes it has helped the team obviously. But after this season and belichick's failure to put any resemblance of weapons around him why would Brady not look for more money? I mean what has Brady's contract done to help the teams offense this year?

The way I look at it Brady has one last chance at a pay day because he only has one or two years left. Why would he not go for more money after being underpaid forever?

But I don't think it really matters at this point because Brady may very well play his last game in a Patriots uniform for Saturday night.

18. Biffins

Biffins In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,765
    Makes sense. Hopefully Brady takes a discount again and sticks around at $25m

19. Biffins

Biffins In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,765
    $25m isn’t big dollars when top contracts are $40m per year. It’s not even top 10.

20. IllegalContact

IllegalContact PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13,796
    He never got 25-30M before, he ain’t getting it now

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1