PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl LI .. PRACTICE news & misc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can u spell "play
If you read the new Football outsiders column, they are really emphasizing the inability of the Falcons to stop the run. I wonder if the Pats will approach this game a lot like the Luck Indy games.
can u spell " Play Action"?

Tony Mazz thinks Brady's parents will be a distraction :confused:

I don`t think that was the general feeling back then. We had a rough one against the Jaguars (who weren`t exactly considered a threat), tied at HT and pulled away in 3rd quarter. And AFFCG was sluggish as well, Brady threw 2 or 3 INTs and offense looked out of sync on most drives.
Not sure about the JAX game since I remember Brady setting a completion percentage record with something like 26/28 on the day, but I definitely think the team looked flat at times heading down the stretch.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

QUESTIONABLE
TE Martellus Bennett (knee)
DT Alan Branch (toe)
DB Nate Ebner (concussion)
LB Dont'a Hightower (shoulder)
WR Chris Hogan (thigh)
WR Malcolm Mitchell (knee)
DT Vincent Valentine (back)

ATLANTA FALCONS

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
DE Dwight Freeney (calf)
WR Julio Jones (toe)
C Alex Mack (fibula)

Any early reports on what the crowd is like down in Houston? The last three Super Bowls I feel Pats fans were outnumbered, so I am curious. Atlanta sports fans are notoriously awful, so I wondering how that will affect things.

Quinn's press conference comments on Alex Mack: "I'm concerned, but not panicked."

As a Falcons fan, this is game changing news. His absence would reduce our win chance by 50%. As I stated in an earlier post, Quinn doesn't play games with injury news, he considers it an issue of player respect. You can be sure this is a major issue.

On page 14 of this thread you can see my breakdown of how this impacts both the offensive and defensive lines (the backup center is normally in our DT rotation).

The Ringer has an excellent article on how huge Mack has been for that offense, with lots of video breakdown. His health is a key factor.

Over the decades I have learned that the team fortunate enough to be healthier in & through the game is a strong favorite for the W.

Any early reports on what the crowd is like down in Houston? The last three Super Bowls I feel Pats fans were outnumbered, so I am curious. Atlanta sports fans are notoriously awful, so I wondering how that will affect things.
I'm curious about this as well...

Well I work at hotel in the Downtown part of Houston. So far I've seen way more Pats fans than Falcons fans! There are a good bit of Falcons fans here too! I can only imagine what the atmosphere is going to look like as we get closer to Sunday!

Over the decades I have learned that the team fortunate enough to be healthier in & through the game is a strong favorite for the W.

Brady-Shoulder-Probable

:p

Well I work at hotel in the Downtown part of Houston. So far I've seen way more Pats fans than Falcons fans! There are a good bit of Falcons fans here too! I can only imagine what the atmosphere is going to look like as we get closer to Sunday!

Thanks, dude. can't imagine patsfans won't be able to find Houston.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

QUESTIONABLE
TE Martellus Bennett (knee)
DT Alan Branch (toe)
DB Nate Ebner (concussion)
LB Dont'a Hightower (shoulder)
WR Chris Hogan (thigh)
WR Malcolm Mitchell (knee)
DT Vincent Valentine (back)

ATLANTA FALCONS

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
DE Dwight Freeney (calf)
WR Julio Jones (toe)
C Alex Mack (fibula)
Now I can relax. The Patriots are in their accustomed position of having more players plagued with injuries than their opponent.

The news today was better. However, today was not a full speed practice and their was no camera footage of Mack limping around. While I've said Quinn doesn't play games with injury reports, either there was a quick recovery or Mack is still hurting. I suspect the later.

He will play. Their is a 100% chance of that. He will make good line calls and take that pressure off Matt when he is in there. His ability to get to the 2nd level in the run game is what I question. He may be adequate in pass protection. If that is the case, we may just adjust the game plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes