PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Super Bowl Game Day Pregame/Game Thread (Eagles vs Chiefs)

This game is good news for us Pats fans. You can too win with a mediocre roster if you have a really good QB. How the Chiefs scored 31 points with just Kelce was insane. How they slowed down Philly's offense with Frank Clark, Chris Jones and Jags was something else. Philly's front 7 and the rest of the defense had a horrible game considering they had 70+ sacks on the season and 4 guys with 10+ sacks. O sacks on a guy with a bum ankle. Big let down. I certainly thought that call at the end was horrible and would've at least left time for Philly to answer with a potential 3 point deficit.

Chiefs are going to be around for a long time.

Last edited:
Don't get the Davonta Smith and Boney T comparison Smith have more meat and muscles on his body than Boney T.

I don't know what Smith looked like coming out. Maybe he was as slight as Thornton was at that point. They guy is two years into the league now. This is what he looked like in college. He looks as thin as Thornton. He might have bulked up during the offseason last year/

devonta-smith-dance-td.jpg

devonta-smith-feature-inline.jpg

If hands on the back look like a hold to you, then there should be at MINIMUM 100 holding calls a game.
The contact was legal. At no point in that play was there illegal contact. There's nothing there that warrants a flag for holding either. And then the pass was uncatchable anyway, which I know is irrelevant to a defensive holding call.

I have a hard time believing a ref could be this grossly incompetent to throw a flag on that play in that spot. I don't like going down this path but it looked very much like an intentional act by the ref to secure a win for the Chiefs. If it's on the up and up then at the very least the officiating crew should have gotten together and picked up the flag. This Super Bowl result has an asterisk in my record book for sure.

I don't know what Smith looked like coming out. Maybe he was as slight as Thornton was at that point. They guy is two years into the league now. This is what he looked like in college. He looks as thin as Thornton. He might have bulked up during the offseason last year/

devonta-smith-dance-td.jpg
Wow! he was Slight he's way Bigger is everyway now.

This game is good news for us Pats fans. You can too win with a mediocre roster if you have a really good QB. How the Chiefs scored 31 points with just Kelce was insane. How they slowed down Philly's offense with Frank Clark, Chris Jones and Jags was something else. Philly's front 7 and the rest of the defense had a horrible game considering they had 70+ sacks on the season and 4 guys with 10+ sacks. Big let down. I certainly thought that call at the end was horrible and would've at least left time for Philly to answer with a potential 3 point deficit.

Nothing about this is good for the Pats, absolutely nothing. The one tiny silver lining is that the Chiefs get fat and happy about winning their second and have a letdown going forward thinking that they're a dynasty already and they just have to show up. That's the risk for them. They aren't pissed off like they were after blowing the AFCCG last year.

Wow! he was Slight he's way Bigger is everyway now.

Are you sure. I look at them and don't see much diffence. Smith might have a littler more definition in his arm muscles, but I think Thornton has a thicker lower body.

ZJGPQUF4Q5ELDNI4M5HYAIARX4.jpg

1435022803.0.jpg

Are you sure. I look at them and don't see much diffence. Smith might have a littler more definition in his arm muscles, but I think Thornton has a thicker lower body.

Wow! Thornton have long arms I hope he puts them to good use this upcoming season.

Nothing about this is good for the Pats, absolutely nothing. The one tiny silver lining is that the Chiefs get fat and happy about winning their second and have a letdown going forward thinking that they're a dynasty already and they just have to show up. That's the risk for them. They aren't pissed off like they were after blowing the AFCCG last year.
Bill has slowed down Mahomes in past, but didn't have an offense worth a damn. The story of many teams from the Pats past.

They seemed pretty pissed off post game saying thought they'd even get past their Daddy and then win the Super Bowl.

1435022803.0.jpg
He needs to put on 10 pounds of muscle at the very least. It's not that difficult to do - especially with the resources he will have available.

If Mac Jones made a pass like this, people would be killing him for his noodle arm.
Yeah, and the game-ending Hail Mary, WTF was that?

I'm rooting for John Metchie by the way, I really liked him coming out of the draft.

I'm praying that the Chiefs get feeling too high and mighty going forward. Because they had a chip on their shoulder all year because of how last season ended and then the "disrespect" of people thinking Hill leaving would kill them and that the Broncos would beat them for the division. That clearly helped them. Now? They are going to be the UNANIMOUS pick to repeat. It's hard to repeat. Pats did it only once.

Yeah, and the game-ending Hail Mary, WTF was that?
Bad throw
I wonder if his shoulder injury wouldn't let him throw that far

Tugging the jersey was the holding part. The defensive player admitted he did it.

The DBs hands are allowed on the WR, that is how the game is being called these days.

The DB can have hands on to keep track of where the WR is relative to himself, but can't grab or reroute the WR.

The defensive player did a bit of that too, thinking he'd get away with it, but he didn't.

The defensive player probably thought they'd let things go like they were all game long, but they didn't.

Yep, yet ******* Goodell just said it's the best it's ever been.

This game is good news for us Pats fans. You can too win with a mediocre roster if you have a really good QB. How the Chiefs scored 31 points with just Kelce was insane. How they slowed down Philly's offense with Frank Clark, Chris Jones and Jags was something else. Philly's front 7 and the rest of the defense had a horrible game considering they had 70+ sacks on the season and 4 guys with 10+ sacks. O sacks on a guy with a bum ankle. Big let down. I certainly thought that call at the end was horrible and would've at least left time for Philly to answer with a potential 3 point deficit.

The slippery as ice field might have had something to do with that, worst super bowl field ever and they planned it for two years.

Yes it was a bad throw. It only went 50 yards. Meanwhile, his earlier throw that went to the 1 yard line was also a 50 yard throw, so a big hail Mary heave should at least have gotten 10 or more yards.
One Super Bowl ending that hasn't happened yet is a team winning on a 60 yard Hail Mary heave, that would have been some ending if it happened.

He literally had no impact on the game the refs had more. Impact than he did

He only engineered 4 touchdown drives and 5 scoring drives overall. But yeah he did nothing...

Hard-hitting analysis right there

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back