PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl 57 PreGame Discussion: Chiefs vs. Eagles (Andy Reid bowl)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who will win Super Bowl 57?

• Eagles

Votes: 60 74.1%
  • Chiefs

Votes: 21 25.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do watch. They are complimentary for sure. I have never ever heard anyone say he is the greatest quarterback of all time over brady.
Here you go. He's just better than Montana, Elway, Manning, and all of the old time greats. LMAO

Fair enough. But presumably you know that he's trolling you for twitter views by leaving Montana off.

Football started in 1983.

The general feeling from nfl reddit etc is most are cheering against the Eagles. Mostly due to the Eagles fans and because a large contigent of the sub are made up of Giant and Cowboys fans.

I can understand where Patriots fans are coming from. Eagles are in a different conference. Won't win 6 SB titles. Hurts is not going to win three or four more of these. He may not even get back. How good is he without talent everywhere? I am personally not sold on him yet.

Meanwhile, a Mahomes win will get talk shows discussing GOAT etc. And no...Mahomes winning four or five SB's does not make him GOAT. Win 8. Then, a real conversation can be had. But it won't shut up stupid analysts.

As for the game, Hurts is the X factor here. If he does not turn the ball over, or take a dumb sack giving the punter no room to really boot it, the Eagles will win imo. Take what is given. No overthrows for a sure TD (See Jimmy G to Sanders in SB 54), etc.

But...I think Hurts has two picks minimum. One of which will be a pick six. Or a pick close to the Eagles end zone. Ultimately resulting in a KC TD. This keeps Mahomes on the field too. Btw, I believe the two picks will be on him. And not necessarily great plays by the Chiefs D.

That is where I am getting at. I do not believe Mahomes and Reid are dumb enough to go into this game thinking they are going to have time to create magical plays. Eagles DL is too good. I believe the plan will be take what is there. No rocket balls unless a guy is clearly open. Use the rb in the screen game. Three step drop to alleviate the Eagles pass rush.

The game really resembles SB 54 where SF had the advantage in most areas. Except the advantage at the QB position. If this were Brady or Burrow behind this Eagles OL, I would definitely take Philly. I just don't believe in Hurts. Ultimately I have KC winning 28-19.

Super Bowl Experience is way overrated as we saw in both Super Bowl 42 and 52. It's not NOTHING but it's overrated.
I believe experience is overrated too.

SB 44 is an example. Saints had zero experience. Colts were there a few years earlier. Didn't help Indy. Inexperienced Arizona was a great Holmes catch away from possibly beating experienced Pittsburgh.

No level of experience helps a QB when massive pass rushers are consistently getting after you. The Eagles OL won't suddenly become so nervous they cannot block. It is a narrative that needs to die. Especially in a sport like football with so many moving parts. Experience may really help in sports like basketball or hockey though..

I really hopes Hurts wins the Super Bowl with 80+ rushing yards and 1 or 2 rushing TDs so I can crow some more about dual-threat quarterbacks.

Here's what Hurts has done in the running game for the last two seasons...

2021: 784 yards, 5.6 Y/A, 10 TDs
2022: 760 yards, 4.6 Y/A, 13 TDs

Not Jackson level but still pretty impressive.

Hurts is much improved as a passer this season too. Literally everything got better: cmp%, Y/A, TD, TD%, INT%, passer rating, etc.

I thought Allen (because he's also a prolific passer) or Jackson (because he's such a prolific athlete) would be the first of the dual-threat QBs to get a SB ring but of course Hurts has got a golden opportunity now.

He's my prediction... If Hurts surpasses 80 rushing yards and a 100 passer rating then the Eagles will win. <80 and below 100 then they lose.

Cincy choked away this win even the bogus officiating :rolleyes: they had the football with 2:00minutes left.
Late here. But....

Run the ball on 2nd and 2 and pick up a first down. Maybe run it again. You kill clock and work toward scoring a TD. Worst case scenario is the Chiefs tie it and you go to OT.

What actually occurred was the worst case scenario for the Bengals. An incomplete pass stopped the clock. Not only did they get no points. They punted with KC having more time.

Coaches can lose a game in the NFL. This is an example of it kind of occurring. Not completely terrible. But there is no opportunity for the refs to give KC another down on offense if Taylor does his job. Especially throwing with the way that OL was playing. Just mind boggling.

I really hopes Hurts wins the Super Bowl with 80+ rushing yards and 1 or 2 rushing TDs so I can crow some more about dual-threat quarterbacks.

Hurts is much improved as a passer this season too. Literally everything got better: cmp%, Y/A, TD, TD%, INT%, passer rating, etc.

I thought Allen (because he's also a prolific passer) or Jackson (because he's such a prolific athlete) would be the first of the dual-threat QBs to get a SB ring but of course Hurts has got a golden opportunity now.

He's my prediction... If Hurts surpasses 80 rushing yards and a 100 passer rating then the Eagles will win. <80 and below 100 then they lose.
This would definitely ensure Philly wins. I don't see my team putting up TD after TD after TD in this one. So if the bolded happens, yeah...I'd even say Eagles win by like ten or so in this scenario. Having a 100 QBR would probably mean he isn't throwing picks or anything either.

It’s annoyingly cliched as all hell and I almost hate myself for saying it but this game will be won in the trenches. Most games now a days aren’t! This one actually will be.

Looks like Mecole Hardman won’t be playing. That’s not insignificant.

Looks like Mecole Hardman won’t be playing. That’s not insignificant.
If I'm PHI, I'm putting CJ Garner-Johnson on Kelce all night long. Force Mahomes to beat you throwing to JuJu, MVS & Toney.

If I'm PHI, I'm putting CJ Garner-Johnson on Kelce all night long. Force Mahomes to beat you throwing to JuJu, MVS & Toney.
KC can open them up with the scheme they run. If KC wins this game it'll be because the Oline plays the game of their lives

2007 Patriots beat:

Washington
Cleveland
Dallas
Jags
Chargers x 2
Colts
Steelers
Giants

Including postseason, they beat a team with a winning record nine times. They beat 8 teams who made the postseason.

They beat the Jets twice who were a playoff team a year previous.

That 16-0 record was very much deserved. They did not beat up on a bunch of bums that is for sure.

Eagles need to ensure Mahomes does not make a bunch of plays scrambling outside the pocket. Keep him in the pocket, and bring pressure up the middle. Chiefs will scheme guys open. So D needs to ensure Mahomes does not get a chance at throwing it to them. I have a feeling the Chiefs will use RB's as pass catchers more than ever in this game. Screen game is key.

Chiefs need Chris Jones to wreck havoc. But that is a tall order against Eagles OL. So if Hurts does get time, double Brown and make someone beat you.

Is Jalen Hurts even good? I’m dead serious. I just can‘t pick the Eagles.

Is Jalen Hurts even good? I’m dead serious. I just can‘t pick the Eagles.
Hurts is 16-1 this season and considered MVP-2 so he's doing something right. He's got 35 total TDs w/ 6 INT and a 101.6 rating. I guess we'll see.

Hurts is 16-1 this season and considered MVP-2 so he's doing something right. He's got 35 total TDs w/ 6 INT and a 101.6 rating. I guess we'll see.
Mahomes has more playoff appearances. Sometimes that makes the difference

The internet: please be respectful of my finite bandwidth and only post what's necessary

Yahoo Sports:

1675633070881.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back