PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl 57 PreGame Discussion: Chiefs vs. Eagles (Andy Reid bowl)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who will win Super Bowl 57?

• Eagles

Votes: 60 74.1%
  • Chiefs

Votes: 21 25.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahomes is honestly a better QB without relying on Hill so much BUT Hill was that break glass in case of emergency quick strike weapon that was absolutely terrifying because everyone knew it was coming and there was nothing anyone could do if just ONE corner or safety slightly stumbled in the open field.

I like the Chiefs to win this by a fairly comfortable margin, like 10-13 points. I heard the Eagles had an easy schedule, but ************, you've got to be kidding me. Not that a team needs a battle tested schedule to beat a great team in the SB, but it does make me wonder. The QBs they faced this year, in subjective descending order: Rodgers, Prescott (2x), pre-breakout Lawrence, Cousins, Goff, Murray, Tannehill, D. Jones (2X), Ryan, Mills, Wentz, Fields, Dalton, Pickett, Heinicke, Webb, Josh Johnson. That's some serious dogshit right there.

Also I still never trust these running QBs. I like Hurts, but I question if he can really pick apart the Chiefs if they can contain the run (a big IF but bottom line is KC can still move the ball if they're one-dimensional while PHI probably can't.)

This isn't a deep analysis...I just liked the 49ers chances against the Chiefs a lot more and sense the Eagles aren't as great as they're cracked up to be.

If we’re gonna play the schedule game the Chiefs needed OT to beat the Texans and only barely beat the Raiders, Titans, and Broncos AT HOME. So if we’re gonna play this dumb game then we need to pick apart them too.

If we’re gonna play the schedule game the Chiefs needed OT to beat the Texans and only barely beat the Raiders, Titans, and Broncos AT HOME. So if we’re gonna play this dumb game then we need to pick apart them too.

Suffice to say the Chiefs over the last five years have faced and overcome many great QBs, including this season.

Suffice to say the Chiefs over the last five years have faced and overcome many great QBs, including this season.

So? This is literally the same crap we said to help us sleep at night prior to facing the Giants, Eagles, and Falcons (who should have beat us in all honesty but holy christ what a combination comeback/choke job). Ultimately the path isn't that important. Or the "Big Game Experience"

I mean, look back two years ago the last time the Chiefs were here. On one side you had a Chiefs team which had an entire roster of players and coaches who won the Super Bowl the prior season. On the other side you had a Bucs team which was full of players who had never even made the playoffs except Tom Brady. What happened?

I mean there aren't that many great QBs in the league. They lost to the only two top QBs (Allen & Burrow) they faced and to Ryan ( :eek: )

They beat: Murray (w/o Hopkins), Herbert x2 (combined 6 pts), Brady, Carr x2, Garopollo (40-burger), Willis (lol by 3), Lawrence, Perkins (lol), Wilson x2 (combined 9 pts), Mills (6 pts), Geno. They won 7 of these games by an average of 3.6 pts. Their most impressive win was against 49ers (44-23).

SOS:
PHI: .474
KC: .453

SOV:
PHI: .460
KC: .422

How many times did both local and national reporters (and opposing fans!) argue that the Patriots had a cakewalk schedule every season when we went deep into the playoffs? We used to make fun of them! Now you're using that same argument?

How many times did both local and national reporters (and opposing fans!) argue that the Patriots had a cakewalk schedule every season when we went deep into the playoffs? We used to make fun of them! Now you're using that same argument?

Ehhhh...I'm just saying the Eagles, as a real, cohesive team are really unknown. This isn't like some team that's been in the mix year after year. If they get into a deficit, is Hurts really the guy that's going to carry them on his shoulders throwing 40+ times? They're a good team but I'm always skeptical of teams built around the run game in today's league.

Ehhhh...I'm just saying the Eagles, as a real, cohesive team are really unknown. This isn't like some team that's been in the mix year after year. If they get into a deficit, is Hurts really the guy that's going to carry them on his shoulders throwing 40+ times? They're a good team but I'm always skeptical of teams built around the run game in today's league.
I think the Eagles preference is to always win by running the ball. We're familiar with that formula: run it, control the clock, win TO diff. = Dub.

If a team sells out to stop the run, like TEN did in Wk 13, Hurst passed for 380 yds / 3 TDs + 1 rush TD w/ a 130.3 rating. They did the same when WFT stopped the run, passing for 340 yds / 3 TDs & a 123.5 rating. Now clearly TEN & WFT are not KC, but the Chefs have a suspect secondary and they can be had. I'm interested in seeing if refs let them play or if they start calling out KC DBs which are known for grabbing. They called them out against the Bucs. If they don't, it'll be a long night for the Eagles. That may decide this game imo.

to be fair, the same stuff a lot of people are saying about PHI is the same thing they were saying about 2016 NE. easy schedule, weak QBs faced

I know the difference is Brady vs Hurts but PHI is loaded. I’m curious if the refs let KC DBs hold Brown and Smith the whole game. probably

Of course he thinks so. :D

Of course he thinks so. :D

Honest to God I was expecting him to put him at 2. 5 isn’t THAT crazy for Nick Wright.

And to be fair, I think Mahomes is gonna have a real damn good shot at 3. I don’t think he reaches Montana status but he can get out of that murky 3-6 group to establish himself it’s not unreasonable. Like, can he get past Rodgers? Absolutely. Peyton? Yes. Elway? Tougher, but he certainly can. But then Montana and THEN Brady are just so much higher.

1000003503.jpg

I think the Eagles preference is to always win by running the ball. We're familiar with that formula: run it, control the clock, win TO diff. = Dub.

If a team sells out to stop the run, like TEN did in Wk 13, Hurst passed for 380 yds / 3 TDs + 1 rush TD w/ a 130.3 rating. They did the same when WFT stopped the run, passing for 340 yds / 3 TDs & a 123.5 rating. Now clearly TEN & WFT are not KC, but the Chefs have a suspect secondary and they can be had. I'm interested in seeing if refs let them play or if they start calling out KC DBs which are known for grabbing. They called them out against the Bucs. If they don't, it'll be a long night for the Eagles. That may decide this game imo.
The most money I ever won on any bet was Hagler-Leonard. As soon as I heard the fight was at Caesars, I just knew (and it was easy to find bettors for Hagler in MA - hey, I loved Marvelous Marvin, but I needed the money).

This Superbowl has that vibe for me. Brady's out? Well, the league needs a new SUPERSTAR. The NFL is all about "stories."

I'm going to bet KC, just a bit, so that when they win, I won't be so pissed (although, to be fair, there is a kid from my hometown -Leominster - on that team).

The 14 - 3 Eagles beat 4 post season teams over the 2022 regular season - Dallas, Minnesota, NYG and Jacksonville.

The 14 - 3 Chiefs beat 4 post season teams over the 2022 regular season - Tampa, San Francisco, Jacksonville and Seattle.

Mahomes is really good, no question. He's incredibly consistent, and I'd love to have a QB like him on my team.
But I hate when all the media world anoints someone who's 27 years old and played 5 seasons (as a starter) as a top 10 QB in history.
Let's wait until he's played 10+ seasons, and see where he is.

I've been on the fence, but now I've fallen on the side of the Eagles.
As much as they irk me, I can't stand the slobber-fest that would happen if the Chiefs win right now.
They'd start calling Mahomes the GOAT already since Brady just retired. It'd be wonderful if Mahomes could start out 1-2 in SB's.

Mahomes is really good, no question. He's incredibly consistent, and I'd love to have a QB like him on my team.
But I hate when all the media world anoints someone who's 27 years old and played 5 seasons (as a starter) as a top 10 QB in history.
Let's wait until he's played 10+ seasons, and see where he is.
Was even Tom annointed the Goat when at 27 he had won 3 SBs in 4 years? I don't remember that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes