PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sunday Games Thread: Bills/Jaguars and Panthers/Saints

what about unintentional grounding that was called IG from yesterdays game when mariota wasnt trying to avoid a sack

Unintentional grounding? I'm not sure what that is. Did Mariota get call for international grounding? If so, there's a runoff in the final 2 minutes.

It's been so long since the Patriots beat Tennessee in the PO's there will be another entire group of nfl fans that hate us again...it makes me warm and fuzzy inside...

Pats are gonna be pissed after the BSPN story...I kinda feel bad for the Titans. They are about to get torn a new *******.

So the ball is going to the city hall in Jacksonville. I'm happy that the two fans will be able to see it there.

Pitts D has more sacks than Jax? Wow
Jacksonville only had 4 sacks in the last two games, including 1 in their game against Jimmy. Steelers had 13 against Kizer and Yates/Heinicke over those two weeks.

Unintentional grounding? I'm not sure what that is. Did Mariota get call for international grounding? If so, there's a runoff in the final 2 minutes.
no it was in the middle of game. looked like he overthrew the reciever but got called for IG and he was not pressured, the sideline wasnt too happy with ref

no it was in the middle of game. looked like he overthrew the reciever but got called for IG and he was not pressured, the sideline wasnt too happy with ref

Ah. Well, there is no runoff at that time of the game anyway. If he's in the pocket and throws it where there is no eligible receiver in the vicinity, it's intentional grounding, whether a sack appears imminent or not.

The Steelers offense will have issues as they do every January. Great defenses shut down their big play offense. It’s happened more than once for a reason. The Jags D is going to beat them up. The problem is Bortles will have to do much better than today, or they won’t win. I don’t fear Pittsburgh. Their D isn’t anything special and their offense gets shut down every January. They might survive against the Jags, but that will be it for them.

Taint time.

This is easy and I think the 10 secs is actually conservative and not punitive enough considering the QB's intention was to avoid a sack which helps the clock in moving.

I don't disagree. There SHOULD be a clock run off for intentional grounding under 2 minutes. I just don't understand why spiking the ball specifically to stop the clock, is ok.

Jacksonville only had 4 sacks in the last two games, including 1 in their game against Jimmy. Steelers had 13 against Kizer and Yates/Heinicke over those two weeks.
Yeah but imagine how many they'd have with Deebo..

:p

I don't disagree. There SHOULD be a clock run off for intentional grounding under 2 minutes. I just don't understand why spiking the ball specifically to stop the clock, is ok.

For the same reason that running out of bounds stops the clock after the 5 minute mark of the 2nd half - to make the game more dramatic.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back