PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Storybook Ending Possibly Coming in 2 weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if he wins his sixth he is going to want his seventh. I do not think he will leave us high and dry without mentoring another QB of the future. Even for a year or so. I think he wants to go at least 2 more years. Just my opinion. I mean who would want to stay at home with Giselle every day ;)

True. But Giselle has not endorsed that statement. There have been some hints she may not be totally on board with it.

Brady is smart enough to know the truth of that old adage “happy wife, happy life”.

And she is the top wage earner in the household.

We have been hearing this exact same argument for years and it simply isn’t the case. Brady will retire when he’s not willing to put in the work anymore, not until then.

If he retires, what would the Max Kellermans of the world do????They would have to find another drum to beat other than " he's about to fall off the cliff."

Brady wouldn't say he's playing til 45, watch garapallo walk out the door, and then retire without drafting a replacement. Unless he knew for a fact Foles wants in. I think Brady cares dearly about the organization, not just his storybook.

With that being said, drafting a QB is a top priority, especially because we have "extra" top picks with Wynn and Dawson

On February 3rd 2002 a young 24 year old QB Named Thomas Edward Brady took a team that was expected to be at the bottom of the AFC East to the Super Bowl which they ended up winning vs the team called The Rams as Adam Vinatieri's kick sailed thru the uprights.

During the next 16 years after that win, this Brady guy took the team to multiple AFC East division titles one after the other and made multiple Super Bowls winning 4 more of them.

As Brady goes into his 41st year of his life,he once again is taking a Patriots team to the Super Bowl,once again that date is February 3 and once again that opposing team ironically is The Rams again.

While Brady has nothing to prove as he is clearly the best quarterback to ever live and we will probably never see another of his caliber in this sport or any for that matter,one has to imagine the distinct possibility that if he wins this one and his 6th ring he may potentially decide to retire while on top and knowing he has distanced himself so far from the other athletes in this sport that he will never be challenged as the G.O.A.T. probably as far ahead as one can see.

While Brady continues to deny retirement is coming soon he may decide in the offseason to spend time with his wife and children more often as they grow up so quick and decide go out into the sunset as champion.

Whatever he decides we as Patriots fans will never see an athlete of this level for the rest of our lives....go Brady and get that 6th and if you decide to hang up those cleats Patriots Nation will stand behind you and love you as we have for almost 2 decades.
STOP. BRADY IS NOT RETIRING.

I think Brady is also really excited about the potential of the 2019 team with a good draft and FA. He won't retire now.

I don’t think Brady retires, but the coincidences between this year and 2002 are fun:

11-5
2 seed
Divisional game against AFC West
Underdog road game in AFCCG
High powered Rams offense in Super Bowl

No one wants Brady to go out like Peyton Manning who clearly lost his level of talent in his final years - I want to see him go out with a bang and for everyone to say he's as good or better at 41 then he ever was in his 20s - sone athletes play too long until they just look mediocre and almost embarrassing distant from when they were once elite...I hope we never see that with Tom even though his stats this year were not as good as normal but hes still elite as we saw tonight.
I want him to go out after squeezing every ounce of winning out of his career.
I do want him to go just a little too late rather than leave early.

Was thinking Brady goes out with 7 SBs. Can't do that after this year.

Maybe we should wait for Patriots to actually win the SB before we start counting rings and talking retirement. Just this past week there were dozens of posters that gave Patriots no chance of winning last night. Jeez.

Its not impossible I guess but I think we would have heard talk or rumors about it by now like there was for Fivehead.

No matter what happens in Atlanta I think it’s a certainty he’s here until the end of his contract after the 19 season.

I don’t think Brady retires, but the coincidences between this year and 2002 are fun:

11-5
2 seed
Divisional game against AFC West
Underdog road game in AFCCG
High powered Rams offense in Super Bowl
It was 2001.

My initial prediction was that if he wins in 2 weeks, he’s going out on top. However, Gisele recently said she’s given up trying to convince him to retire.

I remember John Elway's last game at Mile High (1998 AFCCG) - he didn't announce his retirement at the time, but he went around doing the victory lap at the stadium after the game.

Brady isn't going anywhere for awhile.
Yeah really like having you back but mentioning Tom and Elway in the same sentence, unless pointing out the drastic contrast, is nauseating

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST