PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Still smiling even 11 weeks later

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at my buddy's house for the first time since the Super Bowl...definitely happy memories. I recently taught an Army course on resiliency and I used 28-3 as my example...to the groan of most of the soldiers in there. Three of us were smiling, though. :cool:

Nonsense...

Sounds like you found some "volunteers" for latrine duty.

I was at my buddy's house for the first time since the Super Bowl...definitely happy memories. I recently taught an Army course on resiliency and I used 28-3 as my example...to the groan of most of the soldiers in there. Three of us were smiling, though. :cool:

Nonsense...
That might be considered torture, if they are from Atlanta.

I keep noticing how, one the Hightower Strip sack, just how close Chris Long was from being there too. That never gets mentioned.

Chris Long may would have disrupted the play but I doubt he would have gotten the strip.

upload_2017-4-22_7-41-4.png

You know. I just don't get it. It would be one thing for a fan of a team with no history of winning to be down. But with 16 years of winning. I don't understand. This is what they do! We've seen it time and time again. And it's not homerism or arrogant to think this way, this thinking is backed by 16 years of winning.

I also don't get how people in the stands can just leave a game early. Such as the 2012 Cardinals game or the 2013 Saints game. Ridiculous! This is what they do! Until the clock hits zero, you don't leave the stadium if you're a pats fan.(unless you have an actual need)

What don't you get? It was a ******** excuse to eat cupcakes. @robertweathers probably replays the game every few days and pretends he doesn't know the outcome just so he can gorge on cupcakes... actually, this is a great idea...

What don't you get? It was a ******** excuse to eat cupcakes. @robertweathers probably replays the game every few days and pretends he doesn't know the outcome just so he can gorge on cupcakes... actually, this is a great idea...

For Easter my 12 year old made spiced carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting . She drew little ducks and bunnies on the top.

I had one b/c the Celtics lost.

For Easter my 12 year old made spiced carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting . She drew little ducks and bunnies on the top.

I had one b/c the Celtics lost.

At some point, your love of cupcakes will exceed your love of Boston sports and you'll be cheering for losses to justify your habit ;)

You know you have to do that every time the Pats are losing now, right? ;)

While I'm in pretty good shape and have very good eating habits, during the high stakes games and the home team is down I'm a nervous eater. Most of the time I chew gum but when it's not around I snack and I never snack.

During the 04 Sox playoffs I was burning through a 1/2 a dozen popsicles a night.

At some point, your love of cupcakes will exceed your love of Boston sports and you'll be cheering for losses to justify your habit ;)

It'll be a sad day if that happens.

Moderation is key. Only when the home team is losing. In this town one when losing won't bust anyone's diet.

11 weeks?
Those of us who watched this remarkable game will be "still smiling" 11 years from now.
This game will be talked about as long as Professional Football is played in the US...we still talk about Cy Young's records, set well over 100 years ago.

Moderation is key. Only when the home team is losing. In this town one when losing won't bust anyone's diet.

Exactly. I only reserve cupcake binges for being down by 3 TDs in Super Bowls.

Love hearing the mic'ed up banter.

I never noticed before at the OT coin toss Matt Ryan telling our guys great job. Classy.

Was he talking to the refs??? LOL

While I'm in pretty good shape and have very good eating habits, during the high stakes games and the home team is down I'm a nervous eater. Most of the time I chew gum but when it's not around I snack and I never snack.

During the 04 Sox playoffs I was burning through a 1/2 a dozen popsicles a night.
I'm pretty much just like you but substitute "nervous drinker" instead of "nervous eater."

Keeps me fit... and got me incredibly hammered during the SB.

th

I'm pretty much just like you but substitute "nervous drinker" instead of "nervous eater."

Keeps me fit... and got me incredibly hammered during the SB.
Yea I used to be a nervous drinker too but the older I get I feel the booze more in the morning. Not hungover but just tired.

I think for the 2011 Bruins Stanley Cup run I was blowing through celery sticks like no tomorrow.

11 weeks?
Those of us who watched this remarkable game will be "still smiling" 11 years from now.
This game will be talked about as long as Professional Football is played in the US...we still talk about Cy Young's records, set well over 100 years ago.
So true. Just an amazing game. And the butt hurt anti Pat's fans will always say the Falcons lost the game, the Pat's didn't win the game. Like Brady having a legendary 4th qtr and OT had nothing to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back