PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Still smiling even 11 weeks later

Status
Not open for further replies.
That might be considered torture, if they are from Atlanta.

I hadn't been tracking any Georgia natives in attendance, but it turned out that two of the newer soldiers in the unit actually were from Atlanta.

I was on the game thread here the whole game. Some of us were referencing miracles, etc...My adrenaline just kept rising, especially after the missed PAT, time was becoming a bigger and bigger factor every minute.

But it was nothing like, say, for example the 1984 Super Bowl, where I knew the Redskins had zero chance in the game. Yes, I hated them, but more importantly, they were simply a vastly inferior (and overrated) team.

I think, in a little over one quarter of football plus the overtime, Bill Belichick got to see all the hard work and effort invested over years with this team, going over procedures and fundamentals and dealing with challenging, time-pressure situations over and over with players and coaches, pay off in a big way. We got that one, huge turnover and won the coin toss. The rest was purely grinding it out.

So your into S&M? :D

I can only imagine how much of a sh*tshow that thread turned into.

Mind blowing when you think about the storyline of the season and that game.

Brady wrongfully suspended by the league, team docked first rounder. They proceeded to complete the revenge tour against Goodell and closing it off with the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history.

I believe there were only a handful of games (six or seven) of which teams overcame a greater deficit than the Pats. That's out of thousands of games. Unreal for it to happen on the biggest stage. Then there were the legacy implications. Brady, Belichick and the organization officially reached undeniable GOAT status.

Pretty much the perfect script and manner of which to win #5. Incredible.

So your into S&M? :D

I can only imagine how much of a sh*tshow that thread turned into.
Yeah, I got a lot of grief for staying positive, but you can't blame people for being pissed with a score like that.

I didn't bet on it, but obviously had too much emotionally invested in the game to ever give up. More important, we were still in it. Really, like everybody, we took it one play at a time. I had a lot of fun on that thread. It's the only full game thread I ever stayed on from start to finish.

Last edited:
I'd like to hear more about this, and other people's thoughts on where our country is headed.

Thanks for reading my post!

LOL. Not sure Ian wants to see yet another thread turn into a political battlefield.

LOL. Not sure Ian wants to see yet another thread turn into a political battlefield.

I don't let that little puke push me around. Last week me and Pissah dunked his head in the toilet during 6th period. That's what we do to nerds.

Every time I come home...i see my My SB ticket stub...framed Herald front page and my White autograph of the game winner. I smile every time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down