Still no Collins? [Update: Over the Bug, But Needs to Regain Strength]

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgssand

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Wed 11/18: Still no Collins?

Collins has not been seen in the locker room or even at the facility..........this bummer update was from a Twitter post by WEEI's Ryan Hannable.

He said he would know more within a hour or so when they hit the field for practice.

This is getting scary........

Considering how trash the coverage was between the numbers Sunday, Collins can't come back fast enough.

Considering how trash the coverage was between the numbers Sunday, Collins can't come back fast enough.

i agree but against buffalo i'm not too worried. against denver if he's not back i'd be worried

i agree but against buffalo i'm not too worried. against denver if he's not back i'd be worried

Of those two teams, Buffalo's offense would easily pose the bigger threat. That's not necessarily a compliment to the Buffalo offense. But Denver's offense hasn't shown anything to be concerned about yet.

"I've just come down with a little bug..."

the-fly-david-cronenberg-jeff-goldblum-geena-davis-john-getz-joy-boushel-leslie-carlson-george-chuvalo.jpg

o_O

Of those two teams, Buffalo's offense would easily pose the bigger threat. That's not necessarily a compliment to the Buffalo offense. But Denver's offense hasn't shown anything to be concerned about yet.

it's not denver's offense that i am worried about but that he'd have missed 3 games at that point

Collins has not been seen in the locker room or even at the facility..........this bummer update was from a Twitter post by WEEI's Ryan Hannable.

He said he would know more within a hour or so when they hit the field for practice.

This is getting scary........

I wonder if he in fact really did have actual influenza. That can wreck you for a week or so and then even when you kick it you can be pretty weak for several weeks.

Last edited:
it's not denver's offense that i am worried about but that he'd have missed 3 games at that point

True.

I would have assumed that he was still trying to regain the muscle mass he lost. But since he wasn't even spotted at the facility, I'm not sure what's going on.

Obviously, there's something really wrong with this...really wrong. I've never heard of a professional athlete getting smoked by the flu for this long.

"Illness" is becoming a scary word (Wendell, Collins...).

EDIT: And I believe that the team can't say anything the player doesn't okay because of legal medical regulations.

Could it be mono?

FWIW his agent Bus Cook said last week , he is fine and recovering. Leads me to believe its not a serious thing.

Could be getting an extra day of rest seeing is how basically this game is a day and a half later than they normally would play.

FWIW his agent Bus Cook said last week , he is fine and recovering. Leads me to believe its not a serious thing.

If you paid attention to what Cook said, it's that he is just starting to recover but is extremely weak because he hasn't been able to eat or exercise. If that's true, it would likely take a few days or a week for him to show up again, as he would need to rehab and get up to par nutritionally first.

If he isn't even at practice by next week, I'll begin to think Cook was blowing smoke, which leads to some unsettling questions about why he would cover it up and what is wrong with Collins.

Could it be mono?
Could be. When I had mono, the only movement that I could execute to get off the couch would be toward the toilet or to the bed. I was basically dead for a week.

No it's not obvious. Numerous reports, including his agent, said it's nothing serious.

Do those "numerous reports" have any independence or was the source for all of them Collins's agent?

I'm less worried about the Patriots at this point, more worried about him. Hope he's OK.
This is one bad-ass virus. I don't get it though...

Were there any reports of him being hospitalized? Is he just sitting home watching Price is Right and Wendy on TV in bed getting IVs, team doctors or a visiting nurse coming in to help get him healthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes