PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Still no Collins? [Update: Over the Bug, But Needs to Regain Strength]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do those "numerous reports" have any independence or was the source for all of them Collins's agent?
There were several, I don't remember exactly who they were but one was his agent and the others were various reporters I follow on twitter.

"I've just come down with a little bug..."

the-fly-david-cronenberg-jeff-goldblum-geena-davis-john-getz-joy-boushel-leslie-carlson-george-chuvalo.jpg

o_O
Gawd I hated that movie.

Do those "numerous reports" have any independence or was the source for all of them Collins's agent?

Well one of them was from Bus Cook. The others were from sources with the team So someone can either think the team and Bus Cook got together and conspired to lie to the media or they didn't.

Last edited:
I wonder if he in fact really did have actual influenza. That can wreck you for a week or so and then even when you kick it you can be pretty weak for several weeks.
I'd like to think it's just that but wouldn't he be back with the team by now? I assume after two full weeks he would not be contagious.

I'm worried about if he'll lose too much weight.

A cousin of his said it was just a Virus & his sister had flew to NE to take care of him. She said he was feeling better but his throat was still very sore & he was still weak as of Sunday but he was over the Virus, But she also said they didn't expect him to play this week.

the original....jeez, these screen writers HAD to be stoned...

return+of+fly+halsey.JPG
LOL. Total B movie.

Awful and I don't like Jeff Goldblum to begin with

The Pats have an extra day this week. They may be giving him an extra day to get back into shape. Let's see if he is in tomorrow.

If it is a contagious virus, he should stay away from the team while he heals up. Even though Collins is a dynamic play-maker on the defensive side of the ball, we don't need the whole team getting sick. Maybe Mr. Kraft can invest in a plastic bubble like that episode of Seinfeld :)

This is one bad-ass virus. I don't get it though...

Were there any reports of him being hospitalized? Is he just sitting home watching Price is Right and Wendy on TV in bed getting IVs, team doctors or a visiting nurse coming in to help get him healthy?

I'd go with the Jerry Springer Season 13 re-run instead.

A cousin of his said it was just a Virus & his sister had flew to NE to take care of him. She said he was feeling better but his throat was still very sore & he was still weak as of Sunday but he was over the Virus, But she also said they didn't expect him to play this week.
Really? Is this first hand?

Hope these guys get flu shots...

Were there any reports of him being hospitalized?

Hospitals aren't going to admit an otherwise young and healthy person with the flu unless he's having major organ failure. They won't even admit people from nursing homes who have the flu unless it is life threatening. They don't want it anywhere near them.

I wonder if he in fact really did have actual influenza. That can wreck you for a week or so and then even when you kick it you can be pretty weak for several weeks.
Yeah and there were rumors that he was so sick that he was eating very little. Definitely could have knocked him out of shape a little. Maybe not quite back to form.

Hospitals aren't going to admit an otherwise young and healthy person with the flu unless he's having major organ failure. They won't even admit people from nursing homes who have the flu unless it is life threatening. They don't want it anywhere near them.

Does he have the flu? Has that been ruled out?

Please tell me it was a real life bubble boy!
I work from home most of the time and hardly ever watch TV.

...but when I do TVLand have some good programming....

Gilligans Island and Threes Company in the am, Bonanza in the afternoon and Facts of Life at 5pm.

I would suspect a young buck like Jamie Collins is not watching Tootie and Fat Nat and Mrs. Garrett get in an argument over how many cookies they are making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes