PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Still angry af over SB 52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait so...all of a sudden being still angry over a SB loss means a troll post? Not sure if you are the trolls yourselves or may have room temperature IQs.

Wait so...all of a sudden being still angry over a SB loss means a troll post? Not sure if you are the trolls yourselves or may have room temperature IQs.
You’re most likely just coming back to the forum to try and get a rise out of people. I hate to judge you, but your record kind of speaks for itself.

Yes, it sucked losing the big game, but it’s a sport with a ball. Life goes on.

Wow if you think that was bad, pull up a chair and let me tell you about Super Bowl 42 and the 2007 season, you whippersnapper.
Exactly this. I actually cried real tears and wept like a baby after that loss. My heart felt ripped out. Then 2011 sucked really bad but not as much as 2007. I got over this last superbowl quicker than I though I would. It helps a lot that Brady already has 5 rings and he's considered the GOAT by the majority of fans. Plus I was still riding high off of the greatest superbowl performance in SB LI.

No, creating this thread when there is currently an active first page thread on the subject that you posted to after creating this one is certainly a self indulgent 'room temperature IQ' move though.

Last edited:
You’re most likely just coming back to the forum to try and get a rise out of people. I hate to judge you, but your record kind of speaks for itself.

Yes, it sucked losing the big game, but it’s a sport with a ball. Life goes on.
I’m back because pre season is coming.

Still hate the whole Butler thing but I’m getting over it slowly but surely. Still not as bad as Ohara’s non hold call. But what can you do?

Just move onto the next season and know that their chances of getting to SB 53 are better than anyone’s right now. (And Vegas agree’s with me)

Last edited:
Alright, man. If true, I apologize. In the meantime, your posting history has been negative enough that it makes people somewhat skeptical, that’s all.

Alright, man. If true, I apologize. In the meantime, your posting history has been negative enough that it makes people somewhat skeptical, that’s all.

You were right the 1st time, that post made me curious, it appears that skepticism is well founded. You and @Crazy Patriot Guy called it, the last half dozen thread titles alone don't leave much room for doubt...

Still angry af over SB 52

Okay I’m done. I’m done.

I will be downvoted to oblivion and banned, but this dynasty is over

This off-season has been so disappointing

No seriously...release all of those scrub defenders

Why do people call Patriots' fans bandwagoners?

I am not sure why anyone would apologize to TBSB5. As maust has pointed out he is nothing but a miserable, ****-stiring, pathetic troll.

I am not sure why anyone would apologize to TBSB5. As maust has pointed out he is nothing but a miserable, ****-stiring, pathetic troll.

It's kind of amusing for all the back and forth going on in some of the threads with a less than gracious Millennial or two, one thing true sports fans can agree on regardless of generation is the fellowship of the miserable are a collection of douches.

You were right the 1st time. You and @Crazy Patriot Guy called it, the last half dozen thread titles alone don't leave much room for doubt...
I know. I’m well aware of his posting history. At the same time, I included the words “if true, I apologize” because there’s still some small part of me that wants to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe he’s got some kind of personal problems or something. I dunno.

Exactly this. I actually cried real tears and wept like a baby after that loss. My heart felt ripped out. Then 2011 sucked really bad but not as much as 2007. I got over this last superbowl quicker than I though I would. It helps a lot that Brady already has 5 rings and he's considered the GOAT by the majority of fans. Plus I was still riding high off of the greatest superbowl performance in SB LI.
Can’t say that I ever remember crying over losing a sporting event, but I do recall breathing into a Burger King bag that happened to be sitting on the table during the helmet catch drive.

And damn if my eyes don’t well up a bit sometimes during the replays of the SB51 comeback versus ATL. :cool:

Losing a Super Bowl is never pleasant. But it is so much easier when you root for such an amazing team like the Pats.
Its easier to take a SB loss in when in the last 18 years the Pats have..
15 division titles FIFTEEN! That is freakin obscene!
12 conference championship games. Again..just..WHAT??!! 12 in 18 years??!!!
8 Super Bowl appearances. Still..just unbelievable. You can't realistically expect to win those ccg games every time. They are always great teams on the other side in that game.
Of those 8 Super Bowls. Pats have come away with FIVE victories. One win away from the Steelers NFL SB win record. I guess there always has to be a fly in the ointment somewhere, eh.
And now we look forward to another season where our boys are favored to return to the SB yet again and tie those Steelers up. Go Pats!

I know. I’m well aware of his posting history. At the same time, I included the words “if true, I apologize” because there’s still some small part of me that wants to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe he’s got some kind of personal problems or something. I dunno.

That says good things about you man, endeavoring to give the benefit of a doubt is why I looked. Personally I have always held it to be axiomatic that every member of the fellowship of the miserable has serious personal problems.

Wow ... and here I was thinking we are in June.

I’m done. This was such a depressing loss. I just am done with football right now. I can’t take it right now. No football news. Avoiding everything till September. Don’t even want to see the pre season games.

I’m very emotional right now and saying too much crap that I don’t mean. Depressing depressing depressing loss. See you in September.

I said the same thing about 2007 but time wounds all heels and the sure cure is winning another one (or 2!).

2007 we got beat. It hurt but you can accept it.

This one? This one is still mystifying a lot of us. Even if you believe that Malcolm got drunk/high and then threatened a coach I'm not sure effectively punishing the whole team by playing Richards over Butler will ever sit right with me. Maybe a regular season game, but the playoffs or a goddamn SB?

That's Belichick, though. The hard-headedness that has made him great does have a downside. I'll take it considering I'm grateful for this run, but it still hurts.

This one is still mystifying a lot of us. Even if you believe that Malcolm got drunk/high and then threatened a coach I'm not sure effectively punishing the whole team by playing Richards over Butler will ever sit right with me.
Please correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think it was necessarily a decision to play Richards over Butler. Jordan Richards received approx. 15 or so snaps per game in 2017, so I believe that he actually received less reps in the SB than what he was averaging throughout the year.

Where Richards really stuck out was when one of the DBs got hurt for a handful of plays (Chung or Bademosi—can’t remember) and he was forced to cover one of their roles, which he failed miserably at. So, ultimately, I think it was a decision to play Eric Rowe over Butler, and I’ve just never been much of a fan of Rowe. As we know, choosing Rowe over Butler had the terrible trickle down effect of forcing different mismatches and looks that Philly may not have been able to exploit had Malcolm played, and I think that’s probably your main point.

Not meaning to nitpick. Just trying to get some clarification. It should also be noted that I haven’t put myself through the torture of rewatching it again, so my memory may be incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST