PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Still angry af over SB 52

Status
Not open for further replies.
@convertedpatsfan The change wasn’t for the SB, it was for the entire playoffs.

It was clear they were using a different standard on replays all playoffs long.

Ironically, it was the standard they should have been using for the regular season.

All season long Riveron was clearly using an “illegal” standard and it’s pretty obvious someone told him to cut it out for the playoffs.
Actually you have it completely backwards.
During the season riveron called it strictly to the rule and correctly. Goodell was upset that fans wanted what they think a catch is to be a catch instead of what the rule is so he told riveron in the SB if it’s close give the guy the catch that’s what fans want. (I can speak for the other playoff games because I dont recall the examples. Also Goodell publicly discussed “making sure our great players get credit for the plays they make” and not being technical about it during Sb week)

No, the “af” stands for an abbreviation of two words. The first word is “as.” Angry as___. I’ll let your imagination decipher what the “f” stands for.

Ahhh...Got it.

Thanks. :D

48c1c86e749d62620a43bc7770222fe5.jpg

This is me...making the list. :eek:

NarrowUnnaturalGentoopenguin-mobile.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm Black Irish, for those who're wonderin'. ;)

@convertedpatsfan The change wasn’t for the SB, it was for the entire playoffs.

It was clear they were using a different standard on replays all playoffs long.

Ironically, it was the standard they should have been using for the regular season.

All season long Riveron was clearly using an “illegal” standard and it’s pretty obvious someone told him to cut it out for the playoffs.

I don't recall seeing any specific instances of that until the Super Bowl. I didn't watch every single playoff game mind you, so it might have happened, but I just didn't see anything on it anywhere until after the game.

NFL responds to question of whether it used new catch rule for Super Bowl LII replay

I don't recall seeing any specific instances of that until the Super Bowl. I didn't watch every single playoff game mind you, so it might have happened, but I just didn't see anything on it anywhere until after the game.

NFL responds to question of whether it used new catch rule for Super Bowl LII replay

I thought Gene Steratore's explanation of the clement TD on sound fx was just dumb. "Control all the way baby" is what he said. "He bobbled it but still maintained possession." Really? How can you maintain possession while bobbling the ball?

I thought Gene Steratore's explanation of the clement TD on sound fx was just dumb. "Control all the way baby" is what he said. "He bobbled it but still maintained possession." Really? How can you maintain possession while bobbling the ball?

It's especially ridiculous to hear that from the ******* who used an index card to precisely measure a 4th down play

NFL says ref's use of index card within rules

But that bobble? No big deal. Control all the way baby. Holy ****...

No, the “af” stands for an abbreviation of two words. The first word is “as.” Angry as___. I’ll let your imagination decipher what the “f” stands for.
I just got educated...thanks!

Actually you have it completely backwards.
During the season riveron called it strictly to the rule and correctly. Goodell was upset that fans wanted what they think a catch is to be a catch instead of what the rule is so he told riveron in the SB if it’s close give the EAGLES PLAYER the catch that’s what fans want. (I can speak for the other playoff games because I dont recall the examples. Also Goodell publicly discussed “making sure our great players get credit for the plays they make” and not being technical about it during Sb week)
Agree with the post, just wanted to include the capitalized above.

Meh, got over it a long time ago.

Meh, got over it a long time ago.
I can get over the loss to Philly without issue, but I have a much harder time getting over the fact that they should have 6 rings, and that they’d have put the final stamp on the greatest dynasty in NFL football history.

I can get over the loss to Philly without issue, but I have a much harder time getting over the fact that they should have 6 rings, and that they’d have put the final stamp on the greatest dynasty in NFL football history.

IMO the missing one was the Giants loss in Superbowl XLII... that one hurt the most.

They really should have 9 rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey