PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stidham haters know more than James White!

Fan opinions matter a lot less than the coaching staff.

Clearly they have seen Stid plenty of times in practices, in game situations and in preseasons and it seems they are not impressed with what they see. For a guy approaching 25 when next season starts - that’s not good. He isn’t a raw rookie anymore.

Tebow was 25 when he was here in a preseason. The career trajectories are comparable I think, with the exception that Tebow has at least won in this league and Stid hasn’t.
Fans opinions don’t matter at all, except when fans are discussing their opinion. In this case YOUR opinion, which you are discussing can only be based upon seeing him on the field.
For the millionth time, there were no pre season games, he does not get reps with the 1s and not being the starting qb in year 2 is not proof of looking bad in practice.
Basically you are just making things up to for you bizarre hatred of Stidham

Fans opinions don’t matter at all, except when fans are discussing their opinion. In this case YOUR opinion, which you are discussing can only be based upon seeing him on the field.
For the millionth time, there were no pre season games, he does not get reps with the 1s and not being the starting qb in year 2 is not proof of looking bad in practice.
Basically you are just making things up to for you bizarre hatred of Stidham
I don’t hate Stidham. I believe he is not very good and the Pats can do much better if they’re evaluating QBs’ for the future.

The obsession with seeing him in a game is just odd to me. If he was actually a promising rookie I’d get it.

Cam can’t pass. He’s looked horrific at times trying. The offense is clearly crippled, like a race car with blown out tires trying to compete.

In these situations, other teams with young QB prospects get elevated as a starter. At least to see what they have. And yet... Bill keeps the backup on the bench. Unless in a blowout where we can see the backup throw for 27 yards total in 7 passes and throw a pick 6 or two.

Says a lot about the backup. And not much of it is flattering.
Belichick is not like “other teams”.
For your argument to be correct, belichick would have had to cut Stidham and sign Rosen or one of the many other available QBs. He did not.

Belichick is not like “other teams”.
For your argument to be correct, belichick would have had to cut Stidham and sign Rosen or one of the many other available QBs. He did not.
Might happen. Give it a couple of months.

I don’t hate Stidham. I believe he is not very good and the Pats can do much better if they’re evaluating QBs’ for the future.

The obsession with seeing him in a game is just odd to me. If he was actually a promising rookie I’d get it.
Of course you do.

There is no “obsession” with seeing him in a game there is the fact that it is the only way to evaluate him properly and he is a player who evidently will be here in the future while the stuff under center right now won’t.
There is no logical reason not to test him.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back