PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stidham haters know more than James White!

Appeals to authority are always fun.

I wonder how many pick 6’s Stid will throw to that Bills secondary.

Two? Or more than that?

So I guess James White thinks he knows better than Bill Belichick.

The audacity.

See? Everyone can do this "so and so thinks he knows better than so and so" thing

So I guess James White thinks he knows better than Bill Belichick.

The audacity.

See? Everyone can do this "so and so thinks he knows better than so and so" thing
I wonder if they wait till the 4th quarter to pull Stid and put Hoyer in like a reverse of the Chiefs game- or if they do that at halftime.

Belichick doesn’t want to start Stridham because if he does and he plays well people will see that he should have went to him earlier and question why he had Stridham in the doghouse and didn’t play him even though it hurt the team just like people questioned him not playing Winovich earlier in the season.
Good post but it’s Stidham

Belichick doesn’t want to start Stridham because if he does and he plays well people will see that he should have went to him earlier and question why he had Stridham in the doghouse and didn’t play him even though it hurt the team just like people questioned him not playing Winovich earlier in the season.
He did go to him. If Stidham showed any semblance of promise against the Chiefs when he got his chance- which of course he didn’t- the switch would have been made already.

So, how do you like them apples?

You're seriously arguing that James White's comments about Stidham both count as an endorsement for the starting job and carry more weight than the guy who decides who the starter is?

Good Lord.

He did go to him. If Stidham showed any semblance of promise against the Chiefs when he got his chance- which of course he didn’t- the switch would have been made already.
Yeah you need to perform in the first game else you are bust...

You're seriously arguing that James White's comments about Stidham both count as an endorsement for the starting job and carry more weight than the guy who decides who the starter is?

Good Lord.
It's legitimately crazy.

You need to show in practice you deserve to start. If you don't, you don't start. If you don't and you somehow get an opportunity due to an injury or a poor performance, you need to actually perform well when you come in. If you don't, you aren't going to get the coach to give you the job.

Stidham has done neither.

Here's just reality, there's been a thousand guys drafted in this league that have been a back up, showed absolutely nothing like Stidham and got washed out of the league. The only difference between Stidham and most of those guys is that the guy in front of him isn't the answer either so you have a quite frankly desperate fanbase that is at the point of throwing **** on the wall to see what sticks.

• Winner
Reactions: sb1

Good Lord.

Wait. What? Isn't White your best friend?

You’re assuming that the only way to evaluate a quarterback in the NFL is for that to be on TV in front of fans.

There are no Stidham haters. There are those of us who believe the Patriots can do a lot better than Stid in their search for the answer at QB - and have seen zero evidence to date to prove we are wrong. Or even might be wrong.

Finding the answer at QB won’t be as easy as the Stiddy fans assume it will be. It’s a lot of work. A guy like Brady falling into the Pats hands is a once in a century occurrence.
There are definitely Stidham haters and you are at the front of the line.

*shrug* Bunch of nothing. Frankly we have no idea what Stidham can do. No, 40 snaps in part time play doesn't actually prove anything.

Stidham is still in that weird Schrodenger state where people can argue will he or won't he until they're blue in the face. It's accurate and fair to state that Stdham really hasn't had an actual chance to prove anything one way or the other. He may never get a chance, lots of mid-tier QB talents don't.

Personally I see Stidham as the team's longterm backup going forward. I think our starter next year is probably Andy Dalton, and our top pick is either traded for, or used to draft, some linebacking talent which is, squawking about the QB aside, probably our single most desperate need for this franchise right now.

We need a QB desperately, but we need 2 premium linebackers* even more desperately and I expect the draft stock to bend that way. We should have our pick of second rate starting QBs nexst year if we can fix our linebacking woes, and I'd bet all the money I don't have that that's the way Belichick sees it.

*That number goes down by one if Winovich moves position and plays linebacker full time. A bit undersized for an edge guy, Winovich is built almost perfectly for OLB or even ILB and there's no doubt about the attitude either. We still need at least one more LB though even if Winovich moves, and if he doesn't, yeah we need 2, we need to replace both Hightower and Van Noy from our Superbowl winning roster

Last edited:
As I think I've said before, I don't think the plan was "We are starting Stidham, no matter what."

But it's also worth noting that they didn't seem in any hurry to sign a QB this offseason: they didn't take one in the draft, and they didn't seem particularly interested in spending money on the other FAs available. Heck, they didn't even sign Cam until he agreed to play for vet minimum + incentives.

And another thought: given that Stidham was apparently injured when TC ended, they certainly could have placed him on IR—even for the entire season, if need be—at the end of TC. But they didn't.

Stidham has haters? What has he done to deserve haters? Keeping it 100 percent ... If you have haters usually you've done something good for a bit. Cam has haters...that came with the territory of being a #1 pick who had a successful start to his career + multiple accolades coming in.

4th rd pick with a not so nice body of work. I think people are being REALISTIC when they say Jarrett likely isn't the next guy.

Sure at this point give him run. I think it's more about do we keep Stidham or Cam as our #2 going into the future more than "Is Stidham our next guy?". I think there is an element of truth to If Stidham WAS the next guy, he'd be the guy. Esp THIS season.

As far as White goes, probably the last player we will have who is fully immersed in "the Patriot way" (besides Mccourty) ..did you expect him to say anything less? Come on.

Can Stidham BECOME the guy? Maybe...stranger things have happened.

*shrug* Bunch of nothing. Frankly we have no idea what Stidham can do. No, 440 snaps in part time play doesn't actually prove anything.

Stidham is still in that weird Schrodenger state where people can argue will he or won't he until they're blue in the face. It's accurate and fair to state that Stdham really hasn't had an actual chance to prove anything one way or the other. He may never get a chance, lots of mid-tier QB talents don't.

Personally I see Stidham as the team's longterm backup going forward. I think our starter next year is probably Andy Dalton, and our top pick is either traded for, or used to draft, some linebacking talent which is, squawking about the QB aside, probably our single most desperate need for this franchise right now.

We need a QB desperately, but we need 2 premium linebackers* even more desperately and I expect the draft stock to bend that way. We should have our pick of second rate starting QBs nexst year if we can fix our linebacking woes, and I'd bet all the money I don't have that that's the way Belichick sees it.

*That number goes down by one if Winovich moves position and plays linebacker full time. A bit undersized for an edge guy, Winovich is built almost perfectly for OLB or even ILB and there's no doubt about the attitude either. We still need at least one more LB though even if Winovich moves, and if he doesn't, yeah we need 2, we need to replace both Hightower and Van Noy from our Superbowl winning roster
Nice post, but I think BB is higher on Uche than you are. Jennings, too. Both are seeing upticks in play time. Yeah, they're making rookie mistakes, but if BB is bringing in another LB, my guess is that it's a vet.

I think Bentley's play improved as well. It takes time in that position more than most others,a s LBs are asked to read quickly and do so much.

Just my opinion, but my guess is that Uche, Jennings and Bentley are all there next year and beyond, and Dugger plays in the box almost like an LB, even though they call him a safety. To me, DL is the bigger issue. I'd really like to see a true NT, maybe with that first pick, so they can go 3-4, with Cowart, Guy, and Butler/Wise, all of whom seem a better fit to that scheme (although I think the latter 3 are all FAs).

For some reason if you want to see Stidham start a game to see what he has given a week of prep and practice with the starters that means you think he's a "stud" and "the next guy"

In reality most just want to see if he's even backup quality because cam newton has no future on this team. But apparently to some that's a cardinal sin

Gostkowski was a rookie playing in the playoffs. BB decided to not kick a field goal ( I think it might have been 40-45 yards) and let Brady go for it on 4th and long.
I dislike you for reminding me of occurrence. I will be incoherent for the remainder of the day.
Angry Season 3 GIF by The Office

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back