PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stidham haters know more than James White!

He was actually good against the rams. Even in face of pressure he was able to complete 2-3 darts. If cam had been longer he would have racked another 4 sacks and ended the drive quickly.

He looked good in preseason and there has never been a gameplan around his skills . If you ask him to come behind and play what do you expect.

This year he was injured , fell back o qv 3 due to the Texas wedding and Bill started hoyer against chiefs and refused to let stidham take charge even after first half.

If we say he is no good, there is nothing that is apparent to the eye when stidham played that he looked worse than cam or hover. He definitely looked more poised. Yes he has interceptions but every young player has the first year blues.

They are not even giving stidham the chances that minshew or Mullens got.

Yes we all have so far agreed to bill the coach we trust . But that was with brady in tandem. Now with losing season, screwed up drafts , cam looking like the worst qb , as a fan I am not able to see bills checker moves . Playing cam makes no sense. It need not be stidham, it can't be CAM. If we don't have a choice beyond cam then that's on Bill .
You keep calling him first year. He isn’t. That’s the problem.

He had a nothing game against the rams - 5/7 27 yards, 3.8 yards per attempt is a nothing performance. I wouldn’t call it “good” when that’s the best you can do in garbage time. Looked like he couldn’t handle an NFL pass rush. That’s not unusual for a QB picked where he was in the draft.

”He’s not Cam” is not a reason to think this guy is going to be any good. I’ve seen no evidence of that and I’m holding my breath we ever will. Pats could replace Stidham very easily, there are lots of guys in the draft just like him and very few of them amount to anything in the NFL.

when did he have a chance? he has never even practiced with the team prior to a game. the one start he got Cam got the practice week but could not go due to covid and Stidham started.
He had a chance when he was QB1 entering preseason practices and fell behind Hoyer on the depth chart. He was reportedly terrible in those practices too.

And Stidham didn’t start in KC, Hoyer did. What does that tell you.

Belichick doesn’t want to start Stridham because if he does and he plays well people will see that he should have went to him earlier and question why he had Stridham in the doghouse and didn’t play him even though it hurt the team just like people questioned him not playing Winovich earlier in the season.
Yeah , BB is worried about "people" saying something after 20 yrs.

The general support for stidham here is because people think he will throw the ball much better than newton. I actually agree with it. But if he is consistent with it to offset the run threat cam provides is the the question. and throwing better than cam isnt a high bar right now.

Yeah , BB is worried about "people" saying something after 20 yrs.
Competitive people worry about their performance today not yesterday. I know that is hard for non-athletes to relate to.

He did go to him. If Stidham showed any semblance of promise against the Chiefs when he got his chance- which of course he didn’t- the switch would have been made already.
Late in games when the defense is teeing off and the game plan is designed for a different QB is not the same as being the starter all week.

Late in games when the defense is teeing off and the game plan is designed for a different QB is not the same as being the starter all week.

These concepts are foreign to some apparently...and their not bashful in showing it.

He had a chance when he was QB1 entering preseason practices and fell behind Hoyer on the depth chart. He was reportedly terrible in those practices too.

1608844960869.png

You’re assuming that the only way to evaluate a quarterback in the NFL is for that to be on TV in front of fans.
That is the only way for fans to evaluate a QB. What do you use clairvoyance?

It's hilarious that fans think Jimmy G is somehow coming through that door. The 9ers aren't going to walk away from him yet and if they traded him this offseason they'd be selling low, and with not much in the way of a replacement plan. Besides the fans still adore him.

I think Dalton's our man, with Brissett as a second option.
I thought you were sold on Mullen ending up in canton

He was never qb1 that in your mind.
Stidham has passed Hoyer. What does that tell you.
Belichick could have brought in josh Rosen at any point this year, as well as many other QBs. If, as you wish to believe, bb thinks Stidham sucks why hasn’t he cut him or brought in any of those other qbs?

I thought you were sold on Mullen ending up in canton
The most ringing endorsement I gave to Mullens is that I wouldn't mind if we brought him in. And I wouldn't, he has his flaws but that arm is accurate, a good OC can make use of Mullens. That's not exactly suggesting he's going to overshadow Brady's legacy now is it?

You'd be easier to take seriously if you didn't react to every argument with over the top exaggeration.

He was never qb1 that in your mind.
Stidham has passed Hoyer. What does that tell you.
Belichick could have brought in josh Rosen at any point this year, as well as many other QBs. If, as you wish to believe, bb thinks Stidham sucks why hasn’t he cut him or brought in any of those other qbs?
Great question. Why does Bill feel Stidham isn’t even good enough to take the QB job away from a guy being paid peanuts who can’t pass the football?

Didn’t seem to bother Jimmy when he got his shot.

That is the only way for fans to evaluate a QB. What do you use clairvoyance?
Fan opinions matter a lot less than the coaching staff.

Clearly they have seen Stid plenty of times in practices, in game situations and in preseasons and it seems they are not impressed with what they see. For a guy approaching 25 when next season starts - that’s not good. He isn’t a raw rookie anymore.

Tebow was 25 when he was here in a preseason. The career trajectories are comparable I think, with the exception that Tebow has at least won in this league and Stid hasn’t.

Great question. Why does Bill feel Stidham isn’t even good enough to take the QB job away from a guy being paid peanuts who can’t pass the football?
You would have to ask bill that. It’s obviously not what you think it is.

You would have to ask bill that. It’s obviously not what you think it is.
Cam can’t pass. He’s looked horrific at times trying. The offense is clearly crippled, like a race car with blown out tires trying to compete.

In these situations, other teams with young QB prospects get elevated as a starter. At least to see what they have. And yet... Bill keeps the backup on the bench. Unless in a blowout where we can see the backup throw for 27 yards total in 7 passes and throw a pick 6 or two.

Says a lot about the backup. And not much of it is flattering.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back