PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steven Jackson!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a very interesting idea if he's healthy. He took a pounding in his career, but he had that same ability to navigate through the wash that Blount has and physically dominate safeties at the next level. If he's got six games in him, Stephen Jackson would be great.

That's a very interesting idea if he's healthy. He took a pounding in his career, but he had that same ability to navigate through the wash that Blount has and physically dominate safeties at the next level. If he's got six games in him, Stephen Jackson would be great.

I agree. They only really need him for 10-15 carries a game. He can catch the ball and can pass block.

The question is does he need some WD-40 to loosen up his knees?

They'd have better luck with Samuel L. Jackson.
I dunno. He has a bad injury history.
unbreakable_72414.jpg

Wow.

Bo Jackson might be a better idea.
I dunna know. Hes looked pretty pudgy in the 30/30

Herchel Walker can still run a 4.5 40 and hes 53.

i actually like it... we have white. he's not amazing, but he'll do his job as a receiver. we don't need a runner that will rip off 50 yarders. we need someone who picks up tough yards and can get a nice 10 yard run. it's a 6 game rental. i know he's old but we're not asking for a full 19 games

He was the first Blount replacement I mentioned. It would be for 6 games, max, and he probably would see very limited action, if any, against the Tits. They could follow that up with just a few carries against the Jets, before giving him a bit more work against Miami.

That would allow it to be, basically,

Nothing (Ten)
Almost nothing (NYJ)
Light to medium workload (Miami)
Week off
Full participation (Divisional playoff game)
Full participation (AFCCG)
Week off
Full participation (SB)

He doesn't need to be great. He just needs to be good enough to move the pile a few times a game, and to do the job pass blocking. Anything more can be looked at as an awesome bonus. And he can catch the ball.

The words "fresh" come to mind. But also "done" as well. Who knows? Maybe he has got something left in the tank though I am skeptical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back