PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steven Jackson!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One fun thing about Jackson, I am under the impression the Patriots would have drafted him in 2004 had Wilfork not slipped to them.

He is 32. Guy was actually ok behind a not so great line on a team that opposing teams dont have to respect a passing game as much.

For a board that has many members inquiring into Randy Moss (who hasent even played football in 3 years and was bad when he did) this seems like a no-brainer if the guy still has anything.

One fun thing about Jackson, I am under the impression the Patriots would have drafted him in 2004 had Wilfork not slipped to them.
Me too.

Pats picked up Dillon a few days prior to the draft so the need was not a great obviously.

Well, let's see. Absolutely zero reason to be opposed to looking at him. If he's not signed or he's cut in a week, then that's that.

But he's a guy with over 850 yards from scrimmage just last year, whose body hasn't been subject to pounding this year. If he's kept himself in shape--and indications are that he has--then he could be just what the doctor ordered. Fingers crossed.

He's lost 3-4 steps. I absolutely love SJax, but he looked *rough* the last few times i saw him. I'm not sure he's better than Bolden right now but i'd absolutely give him a shot.

People are saying we only need him for 6 games, and I agree, but I'd take it even a step further. We would only need him to provide a serious impact for ONE game, and it would be worth it. Look at the last two playoff runs with Blount. He had big games against the Colts both years, and minimal impact (at least obvious impact) in the others. If Jackson gives us a big game in a divisional round or AFCCG, he's worth it even if White/Bolden end up seeing most of the action the rest of the time.

At the very least, Jackson is currently better than our #3 running back, who doesn't exist.

He's lost 3-4 steps.

The question is...is that quicker/faster than Blount. I don't think so but not 100% sure.

I'm in the camp that the line hasn't been doing a great job of run blocking this year...

He is 32. Guy was actually ok behind a not so great line on a team that opposing teams dont have to respect a passing game as much.

For a board that has many members inquiring into Randy Moss (who hasent even played football in 3 years and was bad when he did) this seems like a no-brainer if the guy still has anything.

To quote Indiana Jones. "It's not the age, it's the mileage." Guy was the focal point of a offense with 300+ carries for years. Hoping he can reach into the fountain of youth for 6 more games. Been a big fan for most of his career.

People are saying we only need him for 6 games, and I agree, but I'd take it even a step further. We would only need him to provide a serious impact for ONE game, and it would be worth it. Look at the last two playoff runs with Blount. He had big games against the Colts both years, and minimal impact (at least obvious impact) in the others. If Jackson gives us a big game in a divisional round or AFCCG, he's worth it even if White/Bolden end up seeing most of the action the rest of the time.

At the very least, Jackson is currently better than our #3 running back, who doesn't exist.

I think he is already better than Bolden.

The team doesn't even need a serious impact from Jackson. All he needs to do is provide enough production to keep defenses somewhat honest and respect play action every now and then.

I would do it in a heart beat. He has six games left in the tank and that's all the Pats would need him for.

He was always one of the best pass protectors in the league. Might not have much in terms of wheels anymore, but he can pass protect and do simple things - which is what they trust Bolden to do, and a 32 year-old Jackson can probably do it as well or better than Bolden.

Assuming he is in shape, I think Jackson is our best option at filling the Blount role. At the very least he would be a decent back up if the injury bug strikes again. Hopefully he has some gas left in the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back