PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stephen A Myth - "Before Deflategate, no fumbles"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats fumbles this year are up because of 10 ST fumbles and 4 from Garoppolo (1) and Brissett (3). Last year Pats only had 3 ST fumbles. If you take away Jones 5 fumbles and Brady plays the first games, they would be around what they were last year. Which was around the same amount they had in '14, '12 and '11, pre-defamegate. . In '13 Brady skewed it because he fumbled 10 times but everyone remembers what he was working with most of that year. Bad OL play and a rookie and udfa receiving corp.

And as any non-idiot would know that it's the other teams K balls that get fumbled on ST.

Last edited:
Stephen A. Smith has never carried a football. If he had, he wouldn't make that statement with a clear conscience. Of course, that assumes he has a conscience.

Brady - in the regular season, 2 picks in 12 games in 2016 but 7 picks in 16 games in 2015, when the ball was "deflated."

Throughout history we have seen how folks who cower and let propagandists say whatever they want have fared.

Except in this case, ESPN is hemorrhaging viewers and money as more and more people cut the cable cord. There are few problems that go away on their own, but this one will if people just tune out.

Except in this case, ESPN is hemorrhaging viewers and money as more and more people cut the cable cord. There are few problems that go away on their own, but this one will if people just tune out.
That's probably why on their radio updates today their running with anti patriot crap ( in my opinion) it's on at work and I've heard "game known as tuck rule" and "game known for starting deflategate " on every one of their commercial updates.

As a whole, the Patriot players that were actually here during the alleged deflating period are actually fumbling less.

Brady 2013-2014 16 fumbles, 2015-2016 11 fumbles
Blount 2013-2014 3 fumbles, 2015-2016 3 fumbles
Gronkowski 2013-2014 0 fumbles, 2015-2016 0 fumbles
Edelman 2013-2014 11 fumbles, 2015-2016 4 fumbles
Amendola 2013-2014 1 fumble, 2015-2016 4 fumbles

The more embarrassing thing is someone actually admitting to watching Stephen A. Smith.

Look, we all have our weird little things. Some of us like Twilight. Some of us like Star Wars fan fiction. I have lots of things I'm ashamed of. But just because the internet gives some level of anonymity doesn't mean I'm eager to confess all of those awful things to you guys.

I don't know why anyone would openly admit to listening to anything these morons say. That some of you intentionally listen to guys like Smith, Bayless, Whitlock is sad. I'd have more respect for you if you showed me your Hello Kitty! collection than confessing you routinely listen to these morons.
Except it's even worse than that. Not only do they admit to watching them, their feathers get so ruffled that their first instinct is to run online and complain about it.

Honestly, it's truly sad that people continue to fall for this crap. It's like going to the fair, listening to one of those clowns barking out insults from the dunk tank attraction, and then running home, making a topic on a message board and saying, "oh my god! You wouldn't believe what I just heard! A clown at the fair called me ugly. Can you believe that? How could that clown say I was ugly! That clown doesn't know anything! Look at my HotOrNot rating, I'm an 7.2/10! That puts me in the 70th percentile of user ratings, I am objectively not ugly! That clown is so stupid! I can't believe he had the nerve to say that! Now that I'm done blowing off steam, I'm going to go back to the fair, go back to that same exhibit, and get offended by what he's saying again!"

Wake up people, this isn't hard. Steven A Smith doesn't believe the things he says. He only says things he believes will upset people. Stop taking the bait, good lord.

I think what bothers me most of all is that people continue to watch this crap, which means these anchors are here to stay. Maybe ESPN could get back to being something remotely worthwhile if we started tuning these guys out.

Can we please not start any more threads on this site about SAS? He was the pawn who dropped the "destroyed his cell phone!!!!!!!!!!!!" bomb. The man is truly despicable, threatening players like Kevin Durant, purposely poking the bees nest, screaming racism, and just saying anything possible to get the most amount of attention. He is a smart man and knows how to get under your skin, so be smarter and just don't give him what he wants, attention and clicks.

So I take it he counts the "kicking balls" and Cyrus Jones' "fumbles" as well. SAS thinks he's a ghetto intellectual with using a big word here and there while trying to sound like a gangstah. Wannabe loser punk biatch!

Stephen A. Smith has never carried a football. If he had, he wouldn't make that statement with a clear conscience. Of course, that assumes he has a conscience.

Brady - in the regular season, 2 picks in 12 games in 2016 but 7 picks in 16 games in 2015, when the ball was "deflated."

2015 was after Deflategate.

And they had the fewest fumbles in 2015.

Let's be accurate.

Every year at this time (late in the playoffs) the media hatred of NE and the resulting endless potshots really get ramped up. Once the out-of-towners, in particular the NY ***holes, realize that the Patriots are a real threat to win another SB, the jealousy fangs really come out.

New England is getting hate nationally from what I have seen. No surprise. SAS is annoying and I don't enjoy his content.

Its like people ...sigh... and the Patriots are here again... I mean I guess I can't blame them. But ****em.

I see that Goodell's mouthpiece has started yapping. NO patriot should ever go anywhere near ESPN.

Has anyone even Stephen A Smith and Carlton From Norwell in the same place at the same time?

The more embarrassing thing is someone actually admitting to watching Stephen A. Smith.

Look, we all have our weird little things. Some of us like Twilight. Some of us like Star Wars fan fiction. I have lots of things I'm ashamed of. But just because the internet gives some level of anonymity doesn't mean I'm eager to confess all of those awful things to you guys.

I don't know why anyone would openly admit to listening to anything these morons say. That some of you intentionally listen to guys like Smith, Bayless, Whitlock is sad. I'd have more respect for you if you showed me your Hello Kitty! collection than confessing you routinely listen to these morons.
I like Harry Potter and I do not listen to Lying A. Smith.

WTF is wrong with having a Hello Kitty! collection?

A sickening video from SportsNation with Michelle Beadle and panel was up for a little bit and now removed frpm Reiss' page Header was "Patriots/Steelers both have skeletons in closet" but was nothing but slander piece on the Pats. Panel laughing and having a great time naming off stuff that keeps lingering.
Brought up having a serial killer in locker room, deflating footballs, taping and questionable signings like Floyd and Stallworth. Wasn't Stallworth's accident after he was in NE?

I know Pats discussion stirs up emotions an viewers but this is below the belt. Yet, these idiots keep getting rehired(Beadle) and rewarded with new shows (SAS radio show). ESPN can die

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST