PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stephen A Myth - "Before Deflategate, no fumbles"

Status
Not open for further replies.

CISGS

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
The media is just completely teeing off on New England this week.

Right before Tedy Bruschi left the set, Stephen A said "I want to leave you with something to think about. Before Deflategate, the Patriots' never fumbled. After Deflategate, there are some fumbles."

This is to the point where it is completely hysterical.

Last edited:
How odd. I recall many fumbles.

But what do I know? I'm not a big time sports personality.

The more embarrassing thing is someone actually admitting to watching Stephen A. Smith.

Look, we all have our weird little things. Some of us like Twilight. Some of us like Star Wars fan fiction. I have lots of things I'm ashamed of. But just because the internet gives some level of anonymity doesn't mean I'm eager to confess all of those awful things to you guys.

I don't know why anyone would openly admit to listening to anything these morons say. That some of you intentionally listen to guys like Smith, Bayless, Whitlock is sad. I'd have more respect for you if you showed me your Hello Kitty! collection than confessing you routinely listen to these morons.

It's like Smith and the Patriots haters won't acknowledge that the 2015 season happened.

You can go deeper into it, like most of the fumbles this year came from 2 rookies ( Brissett and Cyrus Jones) who were in college when any deflation scheme would have happened, thus they never had to adjust from using underinflated footballs to properly inflated ones.

It's simpler, though, to point out that if you were going to see a change, it would have happened last year. And it didn't.

Last edited:
The more embarrassing thing is someone actually admitting to watching Stephen A. Smith.

Look, we all have our weird little things. Some of us like Twilight. Some of us like Star Wars fan fiction. I have lots of things I'm ashamed of. But just because the internet gives some level of anonymity doesn't mean I'm eager to confess all of those awful things to you guys.

I don't know why anyone would openly admit to listening to anything these morons say. That some of you intentionally listen to guys like Smith, Bayless, Whitlock is sad. I'd have more respect for you if you showed me your Hello Kitty! collection than confessing you routinely listen to these morons.
This post is the new standard for the "winner" rating. I will be closely monitoring ratings and anything sub par to this new standard will be subject to discipline at my discretion.

Someone needs to inform Mr. Smith that fumbles that are on kick offs with K balls. Not sure how may but I can remeber at least 3 or 4.

Seriously can't stand that man and turn the station every time I hear his voice!!! But wish someone would ask him, first the whole deflategate narrative was it gave BRADY a unfair advantage (nothing about other players fumbling) now that Bradys numbers are even better he's shifted it to other players not fumbling? Am I missing something here?

HAHAHAHA

oh man, i bet now we see fans commenting about this too! and we see signs about this!!

if the story sounds good and makes you feel the right way, who cares what the facts are amiright?

Exactly.

I was in the car this morning and nearly crashed when he pulled this stunt AGAIN (he did it last week too). Someone needs to confront this propagandist from pulling this on his big stage. Bruschi was not prepared, but I would have asked SAS:

1). Can you count to 2?
2). How many seasons have there been since Deflategate and the football protocol handling changes?
3). Who had the fewest fumbles on 2015?

Throughout history we have seen how folks who cower and let propagandists say whatever they want have fared.

That's exactly what I was coming in to post. They didn't fumble a whole hell of a lot in 2015 and 2016 can be explained by the MASH unit at returner.

SAS is probably going to get away with this because no one will confront him on air about it. Tedy wasn't prepared and probably won't do it anyway.

After what has occurred since January 2015, this is just par for the course.

The truth is the truth, though and ESPN is in a business death spiral.

I salute you Stephen A Smith. You keep getting them to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back