PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers to rest Roethlisberger and Bell against Cleveland

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Well, last year, they rested starters and still beat the Browns in OT with backups, so no surprise there.

Well, last year, they rested starters and still beat the Browns in OT with backups, so no surprise there.

it’s still playing with fire if the pats somehow lose. i would play my starters for the first half at least and keep my eyes on the pats game...

it’s still playing with fire if the pats somehow lose. i would play my starters for the first half at least and keep my eyes on the pats game...
There is no chance the patriots lose so there is no risk.

Whover rips the pats because we play in the afce, at least teams in our division are competitive. The Steelers have the browns and bengals.

looks like Pittsburgh is doing it the Colts way.

Wow. Any given Sunday -- never give up the fight for FHA until it is mathematically over. Unless these guys are hurting badly and just need the rest just as badly, I'm shocked even for Pitt to do this.

This could really backfire on them. We will see.

Well if I'm a-hole Tomlin...

I don't know if AB is coming back to full-strength. Maybe he is but who knows. If he does its a bonus.

What I do know is with JuJu, Bryant, Rodgers, Jones, BB and Bell, I have enough firepower to put up points and beat NE (assuming the D does enough).

I also know if I lose Roeth and Bell, I have no chance of beating NE. Zero. Nada.

I'm also 99.99999% sure NE beats the Jests.

So....why take the chance and run them out there if I have a .000001% chance of securing HFA?

I find myself in the awkward situation of agreeing with Tomlin's logic.

Whover rips the pats because we play in the afce, at least teams in our division are competitive. The Steelers have the browns and bengals.

AFC East is the 4th best division this season. Only 1 game behind the NFC North and NFC West. Far and away the best division in football record wise is the NFC South(4 games ahead) which our division had to play!

NFC South = +4
NFC North = +1
NFC West = +1
AFC East = 0
NFC East = -1
AFC West = -3
AFC North = -4
AFC South = -6

Last edited:
Wow. Any given Sunday -- never give up the fight for FHA until it is mathematically over.

We must defend this house! ;)

37ecab_d1579e04344fe3bb8d0f8b80ef3982dd.jpg_1024

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots