PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers Safety Mike Mitchell guarantees victory vs Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the talk about how Tomlin is good at his job... what the **** kind of coach lets their guys look past a playoff game? I realize the Jaguars kinda suck, but they already kicked the **** out of the Steelers in Pittsburgh once, not like they can't do it again if the Steelers are already looking ahead to New England.

For all the talk about how Tomlin is good at his job... what the **** kind of coach lets their guys look past a playoff game? I realize the Jaguars kinda suck, but they already kicked the **** out of the Steelers in Pittsburgh once, not like they can't do it again if the Steelers are already looking ahead to New England.
Pittsburgh did it in 2001 when they had their suitcases packed ready to jet off to the Super Bowl after beating NE in AFCCG ( no two week break due to 9/11 week off)..Whoops, it didn't happen and it appears they did not learn their lesson......

Didn't the Steelers book their trip to SB 36 ? And we all know how that turned out !

It’s a shame that Ridley was a rookie who had some fumbling issues, because I’ve always wondered how the game may have looked with him as the lead RB. As we know, he had a very productive season during the next year.

in the 2011 title game, bjge had 8 carries for 50 yards by halftime, was benched and never to be seen again as brady almost threw the game away again. god bless sterling moore and billy cundiff.

the underrated bjge never fumbled and when he was treated as a lead back, the patriots never lost a game in 2010 and 2011.

in sb 46, he had only 8 total carries with a 17-9, 17-12 and 17-15 lead in the entire second half.

sad, really. subtract 5 pass attempts from earlier in the game and give bjge 5 more carries, and the pats win.

Tomlin is the Jerry Tarkanian of the NFL. Tons of talent at his disposal. They play hard for him and win but he has zero control over them.

Proof you can't fix stupid....

Disagree completely. Did you ever play sports at a relatively competitive level?

The human element can never be discounted in sports, especially contact sports. Emotion and how to channel that is absolutely in play, good or bad.

We lost to the Jets, Ravens and Giants twice all for the exact same reason:

A sputtering and inconsistent offensive ideology.

C'mon. The sports played by 99% of us, yes sure, it was emotional at that level because we were amateurs and very part time at it. These guys are trained and evaluated on showing up with a certain level of passion for every game. The degree to which they are available to stupid stuff said by their opponent is the degree to which they are distracted from their task at hand.

Wasn't Tomlin already talking about an inevitable AFCCG against NE before the season ended? Not just like, supposition but as though it was a given? I can't find the tweet but it was somewhere during the regular season.

I hate to sound like I’m defending this clown, but skimming through the article allows one to see it in its proper context, and I really don’t see anything all that inflammatory. That’s obviously just my opinion.

He’s basically just saying that the team is rallying around the loss of Shazier, his good friend, and that they’re confident that they will beat everyone on their path, “including the Patriots.” “I’m just going to go ahead and say it, we’re going to win the Super Bowl.”

Mitchell: “Look, they’re (the Patriots) the benchmark, and that’s who we’ve got to beat if we want to win the Super Bowl.”

This is what gets our panties in a bunch these days? Out of all of the dumb stuff the Steelers have said over the years, this is the one time I’ll give them a (rare) pass. I can only hope that they’ll actually say something worthwhile. It’s still bulletin board material, but it’s nothing special.

So essentially what you are pointing out that it isn't Mitchell who is being unreasonable and over reactive, it is...uh oh.

Maybe Tom expected someone to change direction and take that wide-open real estate? I posted a photo a long-time ago that shows Welker essentially open on the right side so who knows what the heck really happened on that play. Suffice to say it was galactically stupid to run a seven-step drop play that put the QB in the endzone against the league's best passrush with a LG playing on a torn ACL and a right tackle playing his first snap in months.

Found the picture:

brady-safety.jpg

What was your position on the staff? Tell us more.

Umm, who was calling the plays in 2005 before mcdaniels passed his on the job training test?

Lol

2005 - mcdaniels was calling the plays with bb as overseer
2010 - o’brien was calling the plays with bb as overseer

I don’t know how much more known this could possibly be. Maybe you should read and learn more?

The Steelers are already on to New England? Jacksonville might take issue with that.

Umm, who was calling the plays in 2005 before mcdaniels passed his on the job training test?

Lol

2005 - mcdaniels was calling the plays with bb as overseer
2010 - o’brien was calling the plays with bb as overseer

I don’t know how much more known this could possibly be. Maybe you should read and learn more?
OK, noob

Two terms that will NEVER be used in a sentence on this or any other planet....MENSA and Mike Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes