PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers at Bengals - AFC Wild Card Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at that position on the field he wouldn't. The only way that Cincy could lose that game was by running a play and allowing their RB to be held up while they stripped him of the ball. BB (and everyone outside of Deusville) knows that and would have gone kneel, kneel, kneel, kick.
absolutely false..1:30 left, pitt had all 3 time outs left, 3 kneels and a FG would have given pitt time to win it with a TD. No coach would kneel there..You run it 3 times, force pitt to use their time outs and if you are able to gain 10 yards, the game is over. Hill ran for 7 on the play before the fumble.

I would've ran the ball up the middle too. Hill simply had to cover the ball as if it were his newborn child
as soon as he felt the contact; Football 101. Take a few seconds off the clock, make his Kicker's job a little easier given the conditions, run 2 more times if necessary, and either gain the 1st down - in which case the
game is truly over, or give your Kicker an easy chip shot. And even if he were to miss the attempt, PitsDirt
would've had that much farther to go to try its own FG.
Hill simply fecked-up the entire process. He can't play for the Bungles again.

In slo mo it actually looks like burfect pulled back

Nahhhhh Burfect a piece of crap. He had bad intentions.

Even when Brown finally got up and walked off (with the help of trainers) Burfect said something to him, you see the trainers give him the death stare.

I was perplexed by the wrong direction run into the endzone at that point in the game, and I am surprised that I have seen no media criticism of it. It seemed like a bunch of other Bengals joined in too. I think there were about 90 seconds left in the game at that point: why couldn't they have waited a few minutes before celebrating?

One thing I really appreciated about the Bengals' play was that it made me appreciate Belichick and the Patriots all the more.
Me too and Dan Lebatard posted a video on his twitter showing not just him but 3 other players and it shows they went all the way to the locker room on that stupid tunnel run. Pretty pathetic for them to act like that, I so wish it would have been a safety, and still can't believe no penalty called. (Sorry was not able to get video to post for some reason)

Me too and Dan Lebatard posted a video on his twitter showing not just him but 3 other players and it shows they went all the way to the locker room on that stupid tunnel run. Pretty pathetic for them to act like that, I so wish it would have been a safety, and still can't believe no penalty called.
yup....has to be a penalty. From that moment, I wanted cinn to lose, can't root for a team of idiots no matter the ramifications to the Pats.

Me too and Dan Lebatard posted a video on his twitter showing not just him but 3 other players and it shows they went all the way to the locker room on that stupid tunnel run. Pretty pathetic for them to act like that, I so wish it would have been a safety, and still can't believe no penalty called. (Sorry was not able to get video to post for some reason)

Here you go.

I just re watched the 2nd half of the game.

I don't see how Marvin Lewis keeps his job. His team/coaches/players acted like a bunch of childish punks throughout the game which ultimately lost them the game.

Marvin has no control over his team. It was disgusting and sad. It would have been a nice "McCarron helps Cinci get their first playoff win" story but now it's Cinci imploded in the last minute of the game.

Actually, running the ball after the game-sealing pick put them in the position where the penalties could cost them the game.

I just re watched the 2nd half of the game.

I don't see how Marvin Lewis keeps his job. His team/coaches/players acted like a bunch of childish punks throughout the game which ultimately lost them the game.

Marvin has no control over his team. It was disgusting and sad. It would have been a nice "McCarron helps Cinci get their first playoff win" story but now it's Cinci imploded in the last minute of the game.

Agreed. McCarron in his sixth start in his second year leads a Cinci comeback from 15 down in a driving rain and throws a clutch touchdown pass to Green to take the lead with 1:50 left in the game. After Cinci intercepts at 1:43, he must have been thinking "this is in the bag, we've done it!", and then the knuckleheads on Cinci (including the coach) somehow screw it up. Unbelievable. You have to feel for the guy a bit.

Lewis is also to blame for allowing a fumble prone running back to handle the ball in that situation. He should have left Burkhead, a less effective runner, but one who has better ball security.

Hill is basically a faster Ridley and should not have been on the field in a game clinching situation.

Actually, running the ball after the game-sealing pick put them in the position where the penalties could cost them the game.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey