PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Starting QB thread

Start Stidham and see what you got. Auditions for next year's team should be the Jets game. This is literally the most meaningless regular season the Pats can play. They can't secure a playoff berth so might as well throw all the Spaghetti on the wall and see who sticks!

Newton needs to start against the Jets!

we need to lose and end the year at 6 and 10, that should be good for the 14th maybe 13th pick in the first round.

welcome to foxboro, mr. waddle!!!!!

Why is it surprising that the team with the worst WR's and TE's also has the fewest passing TD's?

Why is it surprising that the team with the worst WR's and TE's also has the fewest passing TD's?
its not, because they got passes (or whatever you call the **** cam was throwing out there on the field) from the worst starting QB in the league, by far, he is actually a slow RB not a QB, even Hopkins and Michael would not have thrived in that system when your QB can't throw to save his life

Cam is a huge part of the problem too. When he wasn't skipping balls 5 yards in front of his guys and having his passes batted down, he was throwing hosptial balls that lead directly to his teammates getting hurt.

Edit: "Why is it surprising that the team with the worst QB, WR's and TE's also has the fewest passing TD's?"

Cam is a huge part of the problem too. When he wasn't skipping balls 5 yards in front of his guys and having his passes batted down, he was throwing hosptial balls that lead directly to his teammates getting hurt.

It's an absurd argument the poster is making when the QB has 5 passing tds on the season.

Ok, go get cam newton the best receivers and tight ends group. Is he magically gonna throw 20 more TDs? Maybe he will throw 10tds tops. he's cooked.

If he was throwing tight spirals I would say okay maybe it's just the receivers. But he's skipping passes to wide open guys or throwing ducks. Something is off with the shoulder

It's an absurd argument the poster is making when the QB has 5 passing tds on the season.

Ok, go get cam newton the best receivers and tight ends group. Is he magically gonna throw 20 more TDs? Maybe he will throw 10tds tops. he's cooked.

If he was throwing tight spirals I would say okay maybe it's just the receivers. But he's skipping passes to wide open guys or throwing ducks. Something is off with the shoulder
Well he probably will have 200 more passing attempts at a minimum if we had real receivers. Could he get 10 more from that volume and maybe 5 from passing instead of some of his rushes?

He still won’t be the answer. But he can be below average

I couldn’t have said it better. Time to get a real QB prospect here cause Stid ain’t one.

If he was, he’d start. It really is that simple. He’s not good enough. Period. No need to overthink it or make it rocket science.
That article is word for word my thought process on this and has been for awhile. Every team that has an issue at QB starts pinning hopes on the mysterious young back up to be the answer to all their prayers. It never works out.

Anyways he brought up a good point, Stidham has been getting all his opportunities in garbage time where there are no stakes and defenses are softening to drain the clock and he’s still looking awful.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
I'm in for Cam. Might as well let him finish it out. Stidham has shown me nothing at all. They would have him just drop back and get killed behind the JV Oline that will play due to injuries. No thanks. At least Cam make a play or two with his legs. Both QBs can throw the ball in the dirt. Cam has more upside presently.

Now if you wanted to tell me we would change the offense to roll Stidham out away from pressure. Some boot legs etc I would be ok with him starting. But that ain't happening.

Why is it surprising that the team with the worst WR's TE's and QB also has the fewest passing TD's?
fixed it for you.

That article is word for word my thought process on this and has been for awhile. Every team that has an issue at QB starts pinning hopes on the mysterious young back up to be the answer to all their prayers. It never works out.

Anyways he brought up a good point, Stidham has been getting all his opportunities in garbage time where there are no stakes and defenses are softening to drain the clock and he’s still looking awful.
That’s what I’ve been saying all along. In garbage time the defense is taking their foot off the gas. That’s when he should do really well and it’s not happening.

If Stidham can only get a 54 passer rating in mop up that is not exactly the sign of a superstar in waiting, and a week of reps with the starters isn’t going to change that.

Plus I believe Bill wants a QB in the style of Cam that can run. Stidham is a pocket passer and not nearly as mobile as I was led to believe. Not a fit here. I think odds are better than 50-50 he gets traded or sent packing after the season.

Last edited:

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back