PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Staggering Brady Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountain_Commando

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Brady is so dominantly good and his body of work so prolific, some of his stats just seem made up to the point of silliness.

Brady has now started 40 playoff games. That's 2.5 FULL seasons worth.

However, this pales in comparison to his SB stats.

In Super Bowls alone (9 games), TFB has:

18 TD's, 2838 yards (including a 500+ yard game and a 450+ yard game), 256/392 P/A (65%), 43 passes completed in one game, 62 passes attempted in one game, multiple game winning drives, biggest comeback twice, 6-3 overall record, latest game played at age 41 and a half.​

^ Whilst the above would be a very respectable record in 9 games of any REGULAR season, this is what Brady has accomplished in a set exclusive to SUPER BOWLS!

Go ahead and add any other Brady stats that make you feel warm and tingly! :D

Take Brady's Super Bowl stats and stretch them to a season and this is the stat line:

455/697 (65% Comp) 5045 yards, 32 TD, 11 INT
95.4 Passer Rating

Not bad...

All of this against the backdrop of Rogah and his minions at 345 Madison Ave. not wanting him to do well and trying to derail his career (Ideal Gas Law Debauchery)....

In the last 16 playoff games, Brady has 5320 yards. Brady’s career high in a single season? 5325 in 2011.

If we combine his performance in the 4th quarter of the last 4 SB’s into one game, it would look like this:
544 yards, 4 TD/0 INT, 49/64, 122 passer rating

Take Brady's Super Bowl stats and stretch them to a season and this is the stat line:

455/697 (65% Comp) 5045 yards, 32 TD, 11 INT
95.4 Passer Rating

Not bad...

And right at or close to the top of the MVP conversation that season.

Brady is so dominantly good and his body of work so prolific, some of his stats just seem made up to the point of silliness.

Brady has now started 40 playoff games. That's 2.5 FULL seasons worth.

However, this pales in comparison to his SB stats.

In Super Bowls alone (9 games), TFB has:

......​
^ Whilst the above would be a very respectable record in 9 games of any REGULAR season, this is what Brady has accomplished in a set exclusive to SUPER BOWLS!

Go ahead and add any other Brady stats that make you feel warm and tingly! :D

Number of Superbowls Brady has started and finished. : 9
Number of reg season games Jimmy G started & finished : 8
:)

By the time he's done, and I don't believe he is done yet, the bar will be so unbelievably high it won't even be funny. What a treat we've had to be able to watch him, and have him be our guy. It's really unbelievable.

He has played in half of all the super bowls played during his long career. This is such a staggering stat that it makes us ask the question what went “wrong” between 04 and 14, a period which would be considered tremendously successful for any other team.

All of this against the backdrop of Rogah and his minions at 345 Madison Ave. not wanting him to do well and trying to derail his career (Ideal Gas Law Debauchery)....

I was thinking about this whole football deflate thing, especially for the cold KC playoff game. I wonder if they measured the footballs before and after that game and I'd like to know the results.
Aren't they supposed to be randomly measuring the air in the footballs and why are the results not public? I'd really like to hear some of the talking heads bring this up but have you noticed how extremely quiet it's been on this subject? Nobody even brings it up, EVER, ANYTIME, and it was such a popular topic until they took Brady down.
Anyway, don't mean to derail the thread, these are my favorite threads, but I had to vent.

One of my favorite Brady quirks is that if you took his Super Bowls and made it a regular season schedule, you would make it to the November sweeps period before running out of games.

I was thinking about this whole football deflate thing, especially for the cold KC playoff game. I wonder if they measured the footballs before and after that game and I'd like to know the results.
Aren't they supposed to be randomly measuring the air in the footballs and why are the results not public? I'd really like to hear some of the talking heads bring this up but have you noticed how extremely quiet it's been on this subject? Nobody even brings it up, EVER, ANYTIME, and it was such a popular topic until they took Brady down.
Anyway, don't mean to derail the thread, these are my favorite threads, but I had to vent.

The results aren't public because they would show that every football is below the legal limit in those games. They would have been like 10.2 PSI in the KC game. The NFL doesn't want that to get out because it would show that Deflategate was made up.

He has played in half of all the super bowls played during his long career. This is such a staggering stat that it makes us ask the question what went “wrong” between 04 and 14, a period which would be considered tremendously successful for any other team.

I agree but think about it this way: '06, '07, and '11 came down to a handful of either ridiculous catches or drops, any one of which would have won the Super Bowl if it had gone our way. In '01, '03, '14, and '16, each game turned on one or two similar plays that did go our way. So you swap a few of those and you're not even asking the question.

Another Brady stat, he has gone to four of the last five Super Bowls and won three of them. That would put any other QB in the Hall of Fame / top 10-15 of all time discussion. But Brady already had 3 other wins, two more appearances, and a season that was the best statistically of any QB in history to that point. To think that these last five years were supposed to be the end of his career.

Also, in the Super Bowl he lost over that stretch, Brady had one of, if not the, best performance ever by a QB, including the Super Bowl passing yard record (and 16th most passing yards in any game ever). The year we didn't make it, we were absolutely crushed by injuries; if even half of those guys were healthy, we roll.

So woulda, coulda, shoulda but in a different world, the Patriots just won their fifth straight Super Bowl.

(Only in sports could I be glorifying a man like this and it doesn't feel weird at all).

Aren't they supposed to be randomly measuring the air in the footballs and why are the results not public?
Because it would exonerate the Patriots when some balls came in a 9 PSI in those especially cold games like Minnesota (before the dome) or Green Bay.
I'd really like to hear some of the talking heads bring this up but have you noticed how extremely quiet it's been on this subject?
It's because it is such a ridiculous non-issue.

While I absolutely 100% believe there was no malfeasance on the part of the Patriots, one of the infuriating things about that whole debacle was how inconsequential the "crime" was and how big of a deal people made of it. Even for those who thought he was guilty, it was nothing more than an equipment violation.

here's another tangential record that Brady has established that will NEVER EVER be broken...and that is the 100 million metric tons of fresh dog shyt rammed down Rob Parker,"Cliff" and Shannon Jackazz's throats.

As much as we appreciate this run, I really think the reality of it will not be truly evident (nationally) for many years. Once the hatred runs dry, and the accomplishments can be viewed a bit more objectively, is when the rest of the NFL world/fans will truly understand the greatness.

Nearly everyone here has been a fan of this team since before the RK/BB/TB era, and it has gone on so long we occasionally lose sight of what is happening. That's one reason I love threads like this (seeing as many of these obscure stats have been brought up by the talking heads) - never before has the NFL delved into baseball-level stats before. And, it just shows the greatness from so many perspectives.

TFB doesn't brag, the press conferences have a short range from "Aw, shucks" type answers to "We missed a lot of plays, left some points on the field, got to improve in all phases" statements. This team just wins, then plays it off as if they're not THAT good - and after 18 years the rest of the league still buys it! The Soviets never ran such an effective misinformation campaign!

2001-2018 ... No losing seasons, 1 season under 10 wins, 1st or 2nd in the division every year (16/2) including 10 straight AFCE champs ... 8 straight AFCC games ... And the core is still strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents