PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stafford on the trading block [update: traded to Rams]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I wanted to happen last year. Rip the band aid off and let Stidham play. Worst case scenario he is terrible and we end up with a top 5 pick. Best case scenario he can play and you have a guy and a bunch of cap room for 2021. Instead we spent a year in purgatory watching Cam.

Stidham is NOT in the Patriots plans. If they thought for a second he could play, then why didn't they play him in the last two games? This is the most puzzling part. There are only a few logical reasons why they didn't play him:

1.) The Pats plan on bringing Cam back and wanted him to get additional reps. (highly unlikely, although I could see them bringing him back in a Tysum Hill type role if he would go for such a thing.)

2.) They have zero confidence in Stidham, and didn't want to put him out there because it would diminish his trade vaule. (again, no one is gong to give you anything for Stidham at this point, but I guess not knowing is worth more than knowing he sucks.)

3.) BB knows that he is the next Brady and just wants to force the betting line up before he lays a mega wager on the Pats to win SB 56.

Otherwise, please give me a valid reason why he didn't start the last two games. Playing Stidham had zero downside. He doesn't have a huge contract that you have to protect against injury. He is under contract for a few more years, so nothing he did there would change that. If he was in any ways even a plan to be your back-up QB, why not give him the experience?

Stidham is NOT in the Patriots plans. If they thought for a second he could play, then why didn't they play him in the last two games? This is the most puzzling part. There are only a few logical reasons why they didn't play him:

1.) The Pats plan on bringing Cam back and wanted him to get additional reps. (highly unlikely, although I could see them bringing him back in a Tysum Hill type role if he would go for such a thing.)

2.) They have zero confidence in Stidham, and didn't want to put him out there because it would diminish his trade vaule. (again, no one is gong to give you anything for Stidham at this point, but I guess not knowing is worth more than knowing he sucks.)

3.) BB knows that he is the next Brady and just wants to force the betting line up before he lays a mega wager on the Pats to win SB 56.

Otherwise, please give me a valid reason why he didn't start the last two games. Playing Stidham had zero downside. He doesn't have a huge contract that you have to protect against injury. He is under contract for a few more years, so nothing he did there would change that. If he was in any ways even a plan to be your back-up QB, why not give him the experience?
Bill made it pretty obvious that Stidham apparently can't play. Bill was also seemingly fully prepared to go into the year with either Stidham or Hoyer at QB after shoving Brady out the door. I am in no way saying Stidham can be an NFL starter or even a backup at this point but 7-9 didn't do us any real good this year and Stidham likely would've played us into a top 5 pick based on the way Bill seems to think of him.

People need to forget about stidham. Bill played a guy that threw 5 tds passes up until week 16 over him.

He even played hoyer over him. Who is trash.

Might be better to punt this year as well and go with a rookie or veteran game manager qb. Brissett could be had for 5- 8 million . It could be a 1 year prove it deal . Surround him with weapons in free agency.

Get a number one WR from free agency and a middle of pack veteran TE to light a fire for our rookies . Draft a developmental qb and see if we can induct him in the latter half of season.

I think we have too many holes.. cannot lose draft picks for veterans .. need all the assets to build a young team...
Bill is NOT gonna surrender the year sight unseen. I wouldn't mind Brissett as a plan C, or as the full time backup who can start 3-4 games if necessary, that's about his level in the NFL and he's very, very good at that level, but if that's the best he can bring in for a fulltime starter, after a down year, Kraft is going to have some unkind words to say to him -- behind close doors of course

Bill is NOT gonna surrender the year sight unseen. I wouldn't mind Brissett as a plan C, or as the full time backup who can start 3-4 games if necessary, that's about his level in the NFL and he's very, very good at that level, but if that's the best he can bring in for a fulltime starter, after a down year, Kraft is going to have some unkind words to say to him -- behind close doors of course

Brady's success may honestly press bill to go out be aggressive with trading for a stafford or Jimmy G.

Not saying it's the right move or not. But with Bills ego I doubt he is okay with going 7-9 again next year and missing the playoffs while brady is in the mix again winning in tampa. Just judging by Linda's instagram comments you can tell this year is going right up his @$$. And what about romos comment of "watch out for the Patriots next year!" That was definitely fed from someone in the Bill or kraft camp

Brady's success may honestly press bill to go out be aggressive with trading for a stafford or Jimmy G.

Not saying it's the right move or not. But with Bills ego I doubt he is okay with going 7-9 again next year and missing the playoffs while brady is in the mix again winning in tampa. Just judging by Linda's instagram comments you can tell this year is going right up his @$$. And what about romos comment of "watch out for the Patriots next year!" That was definitely fed from someone in the Bill or kraft camp
Brady's success in Tampa is one of the best things that could happen to the Patriots. I really believe that.

I think they'll go all out to try and make this rebuild a successful one and a quick one.

I have yet to see any evidence that anyone in Santa Clara is seriously considering moving on from Jimmy G. Fans keep holding out that option and seem to be deliberately ignoring the fact that it actually isn't one.

I have yet to see any evidence that anyone in Santa Clara is seriously considering moving on from Jimmy G. Fans keep holding out that option and seem to be deliberately ignoring the fact that it actually isn't one.

Word is they are interested in stafford. You aren't interested in stafford if you are all in on Jimmy G.

Another injury plagued season or falling short of a superbowl and shanahan and lunch are on the chopping block.

People need to forget about stidham. Bill played a guy that threw 5 tds passes up until week 16 over him.

Stidham was presumed QB1 who lost his job to both Cam and Hoyer before the season. Hoyer took a mindblowingly awful sack before the half in the KC game, the coaching staff was visibly livid at that when it happened... and yet he was still playing until the 4th quarter. And Bill also stuck with Cam in week 17 in a meaningless game.

Ought to tell us everything we need to know about Stidham - and it's not flattering.

Oh wow - are Stidham believers a real thing???

Someone posted previously that stidham’s lack of progress after last season ended turned off the coaching staff to him,

If I’m Stafford, I’m praying I go to either DEN, IND or SF.

Last edited:
Albert breer said on toucher and rich that the Patriots will be aggressive in on stafford.

And will be involved in almost all these QBs if not stafford

does this sound like someone who would want to come live here?

Brady probably voted for Trump and flaunted covid protocol in florida.

I don't really care about players political views of they can play. Let alone their wives views. I mean half people here still are upset we cut antonio brown and he possibly raped a woman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back